M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Excellent work on your newest pack lonestargtr ! I spent a few hours rocking out with a lot of profiles, from a few of my favorite profilers, last night. I got to try your new pack at a level louder than I should have been doing in a residential neighborhood (through your signature XiTone, as well). Everything in this pack sounded great at a volume level somewhere between normal home and gig. These are definitely brighter than Michael's older packs, and sound great with humbuckers.

• So I've had the "SET LIST" for our gigs set up in rig manager and just stepped from song to song. We played private Christmas Parties the past two weeks and had to flex on fly to songs based on the crowd. I had a couple of "Bail out" Performances that just had rigs from clean to dirt, so I could just get in the ballpark and adjust on the fly. Last night I played most of the night with 3, YOUR: ODS, the Steve Stevens Friedman and the /13. Oh and I stuck a REAL Wah Wah pedal in front. Way happier....

• So has anyone else ever thought you had it all figured out and everything was good with your tone? And then you start rehearsals for your co-headline Christmas tour with Phil Vassar and you’re sharing the stage with another guitar player who uses a Kemper? Using some of your profiles? And he sounds “better”? No? Just me?

the last few gigs i’ve using my favourite guitar and just 5 mbritt profiles for the whole gig, a clean+chorus sound with a bit of morphed crunch, clean, overdrive, dirty and cranked tone, plus a volume boost for any solos. Found myself using the more brighter profiles from mike’s collection.

Simple and effective. Cant recommend his stuff high enough.

Just disappointed i missed the black friday discount offer ;(

• Merry Xmas Mike for Marc from Tupelo in NH! I have only used drive pedals for gain/grit/sustain/saturation in front of the Kemper since I bought it.

Keely modded TS9, Fulldrive 2, Tumnus(small), SD-1, Euphoria, all my fuzzes. It's way better route to go than the onboard drives. JMHO.

Better you found out the hard way than not. That's why I use mostly clean to edge of breakup profiles and mix pedals in to get what inspires me.

By the way your FX setups have helped me a lot.

Have happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!

• Here is a song from my original band July Fighter from last friday. Profile is the 70' 100 watt marshall SL3 from Pack 2. It's still my number 1 favorite marshall profile of all time. No tweaking of the profile. I don't touch Mike's profiles. I use them as is. I either like the profile or I don't. My experience is that Mike has them dialed in just right for live use, so I don't touch them. Wah is the kemper crybaby, tweaked to sound as close to my Real McCoy Custom RMC -10 as I could get it. The best wah I have ever played. Leads have green screamer in stop section and I have the pure boost in "x" spot for volume boost.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Loved the song, thanks for sharing that! :)

Man I don't know how you play WAH left footed! I'd fall down! LOL!!!

Thanks for the kind words.

Even though I am right handed, I am left footed and I hold a hockey stick lefty for some reason. Don’t ask me why

• Here is a song from my original band July Fighter from last friday. Profile is the 70' 100 watt marshall SL3 from Pack 2. It's still my number 1 favorite marshall profile of all time. No tweaking of the profile. I don't touch Mike's profiles. I use them as is. I either like the profile or I don't. My experience is that Mike has them dialed in just right for live use, so I don't touch them. Wah is the kemper crybaby, tweaked to sound as close to my Real McCoy Custom RMC -10 as I could get it. The best wah I have ever played. Leads have green screamer in stop section and I have the pure boost in "x" spot for volume boost.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You guys sound great! I'll have to check out some more of your stuff.

• Hello everybody! I am new to the Kemper world and I have to say that even before buying it I heard some people talking about how good the MBritt profiles are. I bought the 69 Marshall, the 800 pack (I am the owner of a 2555X and a 2525H, love the Silver Jubilee) and the Jim Kelley pack. I find those profiles to be really really well made, compared to some other stuff I've tried. It is really hard to stop myself from buying them. I made minor adjustments to the definition control (I mostly play through humbuckers and some tend to be a bit dark), but these still sound to me like some of the most delicious profiles. Love them!

• So is there any chance of getting some Hiwatt profiles done? Maybe even a reeves for the boutique hiwatt tone?

The LDW has a bit of that vibe but (Unless I've missed it) there is room for some hiwatty goodness...

• I haven't Yet... lol, still greasin' the wheel...

External Content www.youtube.com

Not to mention I still want a second Kemper too, decisions, decisions! ;)8)