M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Curtesy of Mr. Britt I have profiles of both the first amp I ever used to jam with a drummer (Sears Silvertone) and the amp I used when I was gigging in the late70s-early 80s (Lab Series L5). Such a trip down memory lane!

I recently sold my L5 (which I bought new in 81) along with all my other amps courtesy of the great sounds I'm getting from the Kemper and his profiles.

And I used to have a Silvertone to go with my $35 Kay guitar. I try not to think about it. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Dear Michael,

I have purchased most of your commercial profiles and they are all superb!

I just want to know the exact amp manufacturers and amp models for profiles pack #3. I saw the information sheet on your website, unlike other profiles, the description in pack #3 are somewhat vague. This is solely just out of curiosity plus to organize my rig manager stuff. :)

Thank you.

• Which one(s) are you not clear on?

These are what I found out from the sheet.

3P MB, MBC - 3rd Power 100W

5E3 Dlx - Honky Tonk D'luxe 5E3

67 Lowman - Fender Bassman?

70 Mars IMP - '70 Marshall JMP 20W

Boggy Soul - Bogner?

Brit JTM45 - British Audio Bluesbreaker?

Cal Texan - Lonestar?

Clampett - JED?

CustOdian C+ - CAE Classic Plus?

Fried A Hole - Friedman ?

Jack Lightning - Jackson?

Mars Askew - Marshall Offset JTM45 Reissue?

Mo Heavy - ?

Mule 4550 - ?

O-Range AD30 - Orange AD30?

Rock Man - Boston Rock Man ?

Sold A PRS - ?

Voice 15 - Vox AC15?

Thanks for your interest, don1960lp! :)

• Cheers!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• 3P MB, MBC - 3rd Power 100W Michael Britt Custom 100

5E3 Dlx - Honky Tonk D'luxe 5E3

67 Lowman - Fender Bassman

70 Mars IMP - '70 Marshall JMP 1930 20W

Boggy Soul - Bogner Duende

Brit JTM45 - Bluesbreaker clone made by British Audio

Cal Texan - Mesa Lonestar

Clampett - JED

CustOdian C+ - CAE Classic Plus

Fried A Hole - Friedman Brown Eye 100

Jack Lightning - Blades Firebolt

Mars Askew - Marshall Offset JTM45 Reissue

Mo Heavy - Mojave Peacemaker

Mule 4550 - Bray 4550

O-Range AD30 - Orange AD30

Rock Man - Scholz Rock Man Sustainor

Sold A PRS - Sodano 50w modified by PRS

Voice 15 - Vox AC15

Let me know if there are any others...

thanks!

• The "Profile Names Rev 2 PDF" actually provides more detail in many cases:

3P MB - 3rd Power custom MB100 with ac (vox) and bf (blackface channels)
    5E3 Dlx – Oldfield Honky Tonk D’Luxe tweed deluxe clone
    67 Lowman – 1967 Fender Bassman

70 Mars Imp – 1970 Marshall 20w JMP combo (belonged to Peter Frampton)
    Boggy Soul – Bogner Duende
    Brit JTM45 – British Audio JTM45 Bluesbreaker combo clone

Cal Texan – Mesa Lonestar
    Clampett – JED Amp
    Custodian C+ - Custom Audio Amplifiers OD100 Classic Plus

Fried Ahole – Friedman Brown Eye BE100
    Jack Lightning – Blades Firebolt
    Mars Askew – Marshall JTM45 Offset reissue
    Mo Heavy – Mojave Peacemaker
    Mule 4550 – David Bray 4550
    O-Range AD30 – Orange AD30
    Rock Man – Scholz Rockman Sustainor
    Sold a PRS – Soldano Hot Rod 50 heavily modded by PRS

Voice 15 – UK Made Vox AC15tbx

• Here is a cool piece Brett Papa did with me recently. It shows some of my favorite Kemper tools.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ok, so for 5 years I've been using the KPA without any pedals most of the time, except for a Line 6 M9 in the fx loop for chorus and octo verb. And just because I wanted to be prepared for any pop up gigs where I needed a real amp pedalboard rig, I built a pedalboard recently that would cover a whole show (for the most part). It sounds great with my main amps I keep at home and it's been fun to play on. So, this week I've been experimenting with some gain pedals (and a couple other pedals) in the loop of the KPA to see if I could recreate the tones I'm getting from my home pedalboard rig. I can profile the amps with the gain pedals in line and tonally it's pretty close, but I feel like the dynamics are bigger with the gain pedals in the loop.

Which brings me to my question: How many of you guys use pedals along with the Kemper, either before the KPA or in the loop?

• No pedals for me with the Kemper.

And I have a huge, ridiculous pedal board, along with a smaller, grab and go type pedal board, but one of the major reasons I got the KPA, was to have an all-in-one solution.

Be Thankful.

• Michael, it might be an idea to wait and see what sort of improvements Kemper implements in its stomp upgrade before "committing" one way or the other.

The updated stomps should appear in a FW update at some point in the near future with any luck and may well render the hardware route obsolete for many folks.

• Ok, so for 5 years I've been using the KPA without any pedals most of the time, except for a Line 6 M9 in the fx loop for chorus and octo verb. And just because I wanted to be prepared for any pop up gigs where I needed a real amp pedalboard rig, I built a pedalboard recently that would cover a whole show (for the most part). It sounds great with my main amps I keep at home and it's been fun to play on. So, this week I've been experimenting with some gain pedals (and a couple other pedals) in the loop of the KPA to see if I could recreate the tones I'm getting from my home pedalboard rig. I can profile the amps with the gain pedals in line and tonally it's pretty close, but I feel like the dynamics are bigger with the gain pedals in the loop.

Which brings me to my question: How many of you guys use pedals along with the Kemper, either before the KPA or in the loop?

Hi Michael,

I have some nice OD / Distortion pedals, which sound absolutely fantastic and (most importantly) respond and interact with the KPA exactly as they do with a traditional tube guitar amp. I use them in the KPA FX Loop set up for "Loop Distortion ".

My main OD/Distortion pedals consist of:

DOD-250 Reissue (2015 gold fleck)

MI Audio Crunch Box

Digitech Bad Monkey

Wampler Pinnacle II Limited Reissue (2010)

Suhr Riot

Mainly I switch back and forth between the DOD-250 and the Wampler Pinnacle.

• Hey Mike, all my ODs/Dists/Fuzzes, have taken turns in front of the KPA. All of them sounded very good to great. All setting were developed while running into the KPA. I did not use any preconceived notions on setting them how they would be used in front of a real amp. I believe that would be a disappointing experience.

I have not tried any in the loop. What's the advantage other than a happy accident?