M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Psssst. You need to score some wah?

Go see the Monkey-Man.

He'll take care of you.

Tell him I sent ya.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• Is anybody else getting a phishing warning while trying to access the MBritt site?

The IP is banned from my work site and at home I get the same warning (meaning I can't access it) no matter which browser I use. This is on Mac and Windows.

Sometimes I get a warning that the website certificate is expired.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

Edited once, last by HCarlH ().

• Strange, works for me. Maybe it's fixed?

No. Look in the URL address of your browser. It might have some indication that it's not a secure website yet still let you through. I'm still blocked.

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• Phishing warning is still on - I can't go to his site - Hope it'll get fixed soon !

I saw on the MBritt FB page (on someone's personal post) where he is aware and they are working on it.

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• My sincerest apologies for the website problems of the last two weeks. My site was a victim of a phishing attack via one of the plugins. My web guy assures me that no personal data was lost or stolen but the attack made a mess of things and deleted a lot of files, so he had to go back in and recreate some things. In the meantime, he installed more security measures to try to keep it from happening again. I didn't even have access to it for most of that time to login and I was both on the road and on a short vacation with family but it is now up and running with a fresh security certificate from Google and everything appears fine as it continues to propagate through the internet.

Our tour schedule is in full swing this year and I will be on the road a lot this summer. If you see us playing near you please let me know. I'm sadly going to miss the Summer NAMM show in Nashville as I will be in the Northwest US. I am pleased to announce that I've started using a new powered speaker on this tour and it's just fantastic. Valvetrain amps' Power Stage 50 is a tube powered speaker that sounds amazing and sounds like a real amp because it is one. It is not an FRFR but somehow sounds right. As a lover of tube amps and a lover of Kemper, it marries the two worlds perfectly to me. I've always struggled with hearing guitar out of a horn/tweeter and I've always been bothered by crossovers because there is an inherent dip and cancellation where the two frequency curves "meet". There is no comb filtering, no phase alignment issues, no frequency dropouts and since it uses a guitar speaker and a tube amp it feels like a real amp and sounds great without the super high frequencies that don't really exist in real guitar amps. It's not an inexpensive solution but for those like me who have struggled to find the perfect speaker for the Kemper, it may be worth looking at. I use the monitor output and leave the cabs on and it sounds almost identical to the tones I get in my Ultimate Ears UE7 iems.

I will try to post a new rig demo soon from the road. Thanks for your time and again, sorry for the web issues.

• I find it kinda crazy the whole FRFR thing. What guitarist in their right mind wants a tweeter? Most tweeters are 3/4" or 1" and need to be crossed over around 2-2.5K, otherwise they'd get fried by the lower frequencies. Normal operating range of an electric guitar is about 80 to 1200Hz. Factor in first and second order harmonics and we'll have a lot of energy around 2.5K and occasionally in the 4-5K range but that's really only the pinch harmonics and squeal. Why the heck would you want a dedicated HF driver that's really only going to be working hard to reproduce stuff, that even with a FR 12" paper cone, can sound irritating at times.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• Hey Mike,

I'd be interested in you opinion(s) of the Profiler Stage. Have you had a chance to use one yet?

Thanks.

I haven’t used the Stage live yet but I have gotten one and have been programming it and getting it ready. It seems really cool so far. I’m still kind of learning where to find things and little workarounds for workflow things that have changed. Our tour schedule has just been so crazy I’m just squeezing in time with it where I can.

On a side note, I just uploaded a new blog on my site (mbritt.com) with an interview with guitarist Tom Crouch and there are a couple of free rigs included as well. I hope to do more of these in the future. Check it out when you have time.

MBritt Artist Profile - Tom Crouch

• I haven’t used the Stage live yet but I have gotten one and have been programming it and getting it ready. It seems really cool so far. I’m still kind of learning where to find things and little workarounds for workflow things that have changed. Our tour schedule has just been so crazy I’m just squeezing in time with it where I can.

On a side note, I just uploaded a new blog on my site (mbritt.com) with an interview with guitarist Tom Crouch and there are a couple of free rigs included as well. I hope to do more of these in the future. Check it out when you have time.

MBritt Artist Profile - Tom Crouch

I like both of those rigs. Thanks for sharing!

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer