M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Have you tried a different Browser? I was able to access it with Chrome today.

I tried it today on several browsers. His host must have fixed it.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I tried it today on several browsers. His host must have fixed it.

It's still giving me a phishing warning from Malwarebytes and blocks his site. I not going to use the site until this stops happening since it didn't used to do this which means that something is clearly not 100% right there. I PM'd Mike earlier about this issue BTW.

• Anyone else really dig the Tom Crouch profiles?

I have really enjoyed playing them. I have the original profiles but there are so many packs and profiles that I never gave them a chance. Maybe it is the tweaks he has done or maybe it is the fact that suddenly these profiles have been brought to my attention? I think I have too many packs and get caught in profile overload too often!

• First impressions on the Colonial and Driftwood; both great!

I like how the Colonial does that raw, breathing but not screaming Marshall tone (woody/organic, couldn’t describe it better Monkey_Man) - it reminds me of the Splawn Hot Rod. It’s great for the low grind hair metal that I love like Ratt and Motley Crue.

So glad you like it, Vernon, and thanks for the feedback, mate. 8):thumbup:

• Rig Pack Buffet - only way for getting Ultimate menu is to try everything ^^

I find there are stellar gems in each of the packs, many of which have been stable in my live setup for years. Despite challengers that endlessly keep lining up.

Still find some overall sonic evolution in the catalog that I really like 8):thumbup:

• My favorite is still his 72 Marshall JMP 50. Basically, if I ever get a full size Marshall head, it will probably be an early 70s JMP 50. His old profiles lean darker than the newer ones and I tend to prefer that when I'm playing live at volume. At home, they may sound a bit dark and anemic but the flip side is I've had some great at home profiles that were just too much top end live. Thank you Fletcher Munson! The 72 JMP profile is my main Marshall profile for my Les Pauls. I also dig the Mojave Peacemaker for single coils/brighter guitars. It's a little more chewy but definitely Marshall inspired. I also love the Silver Jubilee profiles. I had the real Mini Jub and think it does an awesome job when you need a modded Marshall JCM800 type of sound.

• I went nuts and almost completed my MB collection. (I think there are 3 left not in my collection) Added the Heavy Pack, Mod Pack 1, Pack #3, and Sweet 16 Pack. I love how, after adding a pack to the cart, there is the KEEP SHOPPING button....as if I needed to be reminded. LOL. Thank you, Michael, for the generous discount! :)

The Sweet 16 pack is of particular interest as there are multiple profiles of a Fender '65 DRRI.

I'm intent on buying one near Christmas time.

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• I went nuts and almost completed my MB collection. (I think there are 3 left not in my collection) Added the Heavy Pack, Mod Pack 1, Pack #3, and Sweet 16 Pack. I love how, after adding a pack to the cart, there is the KEEP SHOPPING button....as if I needed to be reminded. LOL. Thank you, Michael, for the generous discount! :)

The Sweet 16 pack is of particular interest as there are multiple profiles of a Fender '65 DRRI.

I'm intent on buying one near Christmas time.

The Fender DRRI rigs from the pack are so good, you can save the money and instead buy the 3 remaining MB packs for christmas.

And from the money left... you can still buy the amp for christmas too ;)

• The Fender DRRI rigs from the pack are so good, you can save the money and instead buy the 3 remaining MB packs for christmas.

And from the money left... you can still buy the amp for christmas too ;)

I'm sure they are stellar. A Fender amp is missing from my collection after 45+ years of playing (although I had an early 70s silver face Twin for about a week ....never should have let it go, but it weighed a ton.). The Kemper Kone might convince me.....if it ever gets released. Tubes really warm up the sound of single coils more....especially when there is no FRFR tweeter, which I despise.

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• Bought the "N Go" packs just because, can you really have too many MBritt amps? The answer is "no, you cannot". Get them, they are great and there is some bonus content like performances and merged/studio rigs which is really handy.

So this raises a question for Michael (sorry if this has been covered before, and you don't have to answer if it steps on any NDA's or contractual stuff or you just don't wanna...) - has Christoph Kemper ever bought you lunch at NAMM and said thank you? The KPA is a stunning piece of engineering, but the CONTENT (MBritt amps in particular) is really what drives the value and longevity of the platform. Inquiring minds need to know...

• Bought the grab n go pack, got a number of packs now, and it’s great. Love the performances and used one tonight live with a 2 Rock 1x12 cab and it sounded great.

Might have to buy more although I really don’t need more profiles.

Also bought the hx stomp pack. That sounds pretty good too. Although not as good as the Kemper.

• So this raises a question for Michael (sorry if this has been covered before, and you don't have to answer if it steps on any NDA's or contractual stuff or you just don't wanna...) - has Christoph Kemper ever bought you lunch at NAMM and said thank you? The KPA is a stunning piece of engineering, but the CONTENT (MBritt amps in particular) is really what drives the value and longevity of the platform. Inquiring minds need to know...

I had the Kemper for a year or so and the stock profiles weren't wowing me. I was about ready to sell it and totally go back to tube amps. Michael's packs were the deciding factor in keeping the KPA and 99% of my profiles are all MBritt.

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• Hey y'all. I just got the Britt ValveTrain amp and did a quick demo of it. I tried to get a comparison of how it sounds in the room and direct. I really need to try some different mics to try & capture the real room sound. The 57 I was using sounds a bit too much like a 57! Anyway, to my ears this amp sounds extremely close to what I'm getting in my IEM's. I usually just have 1 ear in and having this amp on stage really fills out the sound for me.

Take a listen & let me know what you think.

And sorry about the sloppy playing!

ValveTrain Demo

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• Hey y'all. I just got the Britt ValveTrain amp and did a quick demo of it. I tried to get a comparison of how it sounds in the room and direct. I really need to try some different mics to try & capture the real room sound. The 57 I was using sounds a bit too much like a 57! Anyway, to my ears this amp sounds extremely close to what I'm getting in my IEM's. I usually just have 1 ear in and having this amp on stage really fills out the sound for me.

Take a listen & let me know what you think.

And sorry about the sloppy playing!

ValveTrain Demo

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I need to listen to this again on my monitors at home Chris. All I have at work is junk. Nice job as usual.

• Hi Chris,

THe Kemper actually sounds better ....fuller than the Valvetrain real amp

I do think the Kemper sounds better direct. But as far as hearing the Kemper on stage, I think this amp is the best way to do so. It's very warm but still has the ability to cut thru the mix. It also feels and responds like a real tube amp. I'm going to try some different mics and see if I can capture the actual sound in the room. That 57 I had on the cab sounds too much like a close mic'd 57. I need to try a ribbon mic a few feet back from the cab.

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• Just bought Kemper last weekend. Profile pack 2 was already in there fromnprevious owner and i was blown away. I got stuck on one preset (/13) and realized 3 hours went by without noticing.

I want to buy pretty much everything else MBritt offers. Im in Canada so currency exchange is pretty bad. I was wondering if there is a discount code laying around somewhere?

I am specifically looking for :

- Profile Pack 1

- Profile Pack 3

- Crank n Go

- Dumble Pack

- Colonial Pack

Thanks and cheers y'all

Jack

• Mike sometimes has specials for holidays, black friday, etc.