M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Very cool and I'd love to buy some stuff, but I can't get to your website. I tried IE, Edge, Chrome, and FireFox from a Windows PC, and Safari from an iPhone and iPad. They all seem to take issue with a secure channel issue. The most useful error came via FireFox; 'Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG". I found your Facebook page and it looks like someone reported the same there (though I don't use Facebook or i would have posted there). Are you actively working on something?

I was able to get in a minute ago with Firefox and Chromium on Linux, plus using Safari on my iPhone.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I was able to get in a minute ago with Firefox and Chromium on Linux, plus using Safari on my iPhone

Very cool and I'd love to buy some stuff, but I can't get to your website. I tried IE, Edge, Chrome, and FireFox from a Windows PC, and Safari from an iPhone and iPad. They all seem to take issue with a secure channel issue. The most useful error came via FireFox; 'Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG". I found your Facebook page and it looks like someone reported the same there (though I don't use Facebook or i would have posted there). Are you actively working on something?

I can't make it get an error on any machine/device I have. I have heard just a couple people who can't and they seem to be either pulling up a cached version that may have been flagged when I had the security certificate last year or they just have an antivirus program running that's blocking it for some reason. It may be country dependent too, I don't know. But if I can't make it happen it's hard for me to know what to fix.

• Thank you all for responding, I figured out what the issue was. While setting up some new wireless extension devices, the Comcast Xfinity "xFi Advanced Security" was enabled, which claims to stop a variety of threats. After disabling it I can get to the website fine. I took a look through some logs and it looks like it was barfing due to HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) not being enforced by your site. While I agree it's a good practice, I think it's a bit extreme. Hopefully other people will see this in the event they have an issue.

Thanks again for the generous discount!

• Thinking of buying the crank and go pack, what do all of you guys think of it ?

It's one of my alltime favorites for heavy rock tones. I simply love the 5153s in it, 50W and 100W version (as per profiling for the Sevendust guys - such a great versatile and meaty tone). And the Freed50 in it is great too. Cuts through in the mix very well. Go for it if you want rock tones. Not really metal though.

• It's one of my alltime favorites for heavy rock tones. I simply love the 5153s in it, 50W and 100W version (as per profiling for the Sevendust guys - such a great versatile and meaty tone). And the Freed50 in it is great too. Cuts through in the mix very well. Go for it if you want rock tones. Not really metal though.

Thanks for your response ! I was looking for something a little less metal to play through with my Les Paul and strat, looks like this is it :)

• So, I bought the pack and have been blasting some of the profiles through my FRFR for the past hour... Good god do these profiles sound and feel good ! :evil: I'm so glad that I bought them! I haven't been through every single one of them yet but I'm loving the Friedman profiles (like Chris said, absolute rocking tones) and the Soldano's ! The 5153 profiles amazing too haha. They all sound huge and are really responsive, these are definately among the best profiles that I've tried and am looking foward to playing more this evening:thumbup: Gonna have to have a break now cause i've had my guitar blaring for the last hour and my ears are done :D

• Bought the Just Bass pack.

Not even sure how I'm gonna use it. Didn't see anything specific in the info about whether or not to send these DI Profiles back through an amp rig / Kemper. The demos sound really DI'y to me, so logic tells me that I'd need to reamp them in order to introduce that deep-bass mojo and grit that only a mic'd bass amp delivers, IOW, back through the Kemper.

Anyway, I bought it seeing as I received a coupon, otherwise I would've waited at least 6 months 'til I could justify the expense. Now that I have it, any thoughts will be hugely-appreciated. Thank you, fellow Kemperites, and possibly Michael. <3

• Bought the Just Bass pack.

Not even sure how I'm gonna use it. Didn't see anything specific in the info about whether or not to send these DI Profiles back through an amp rig / Kemper. The demos sound really DI'y to me, so logic tells me that I'd need to reamp them in order to introduce that deep-bass mojo and grit that only a mic'd bass amp delivers, IOW, back through the Kemper.

Anyway, I bought it seeing as I received a coupon, otherwise I would've waited at least 6 months 'til I could justify the expense. Now that I have it, any thoughts will be hugely-appreciated. Thank you, fellow Kemperites, and possibly Michael. <3

Most of the bass pack profiles are just preamps so they won't have cabs but there are some cabs on some of the amp peg svt rigs that you can copy and paste if you need that woofier cab sound. Many of the Nashville bass players just record direct with no cabs but it's always nice to have an extra layer in there along with it if you need it.

• Thank you, Michael.

I find that sans-cab recordings make the bass trickier-to-detect, let alone listen to properly, in a mix when played back on small / bass-light speakers. There must be some additional harmonic action going on, and for sure some additional frequency-boost "ripples" imposed by various cabs that enable the ear to pick up the bass more-easily, or indeed the brain to calculate and "perceive" phantom fundamentals.

I'd rather not use psychoacoustic plugins and tricks to achieve the same thing in the absence of that magic, so as per your suggestion, it'll be imported cabs or my original thought of reamping through full bass Rigs.

Thanks again, mate. ;)

• I also cannot get the mbritt page to load and I cannot figure out why.

With FF i am getting:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to mbritt.com. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG...

With Microsoft Edge, I get:
    Hold On!

We blocked access to

http://mbritt.com/

This site might compromise your device or contain dangerous content.

To avoid these risks, close this window and skip this site.

• It works. I guess it's your virusblocker or your firewall settings.

• It works. I guess it's your virusblocker or your firewall settings.

I do not doubt that the site is working, Michael said so himself. But, I cannot access it. I've tweaked my security settings but not having any luck. Just strange that I have not encountered any other websites with this issue on my browsers.

• I do not doubt that the site is working, Michael said so himself. But, I cannot access it. I've tweaked my security settings but not having any luck. Just strange that I have not encountered any other websites with this issue on my browsers.

I used the link in your post minutes ago and have succses to Michaels landing page

• Hey, Mike.

Out of curiosity, have you tried Ctrl-F5 to force a refresh after you get the error?

He'd mentioned that in the past he had security issues that have since been sorted. If you hard refresh and suddenly it works, it would be an indication that you're hitting an old cached version instead of the current site. Should that be the case you'd need to clear your browser's cache.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Hey, Mike.

Out of curiosity, have you tried Ctrl-F5 to force a refresh after you get the error?

He'd mentioned that in the past he had security issues that have since been sorted. If you hard refresh and suddenly it works, it would be an indication that you're hitting an old cached version instead of the current site. Should that be the case you'd need to clear your browser's cache.

Thanks, i'll try it!