M Britt Kemper Profiles

• lonestargtr , thanks for including the performances and the effects, separately. Having those, in addition to the top-notch profiles, is SO convenient. The 2020 pack provides a ridiculous amount of value for the price -- even if you didn't have the sale going. Thanks again for all of the hard work and for making a great product.

• Great work on the 2020 pack! I prefer the 800 profile here than the old 800 pack. :)

This? I had really good hand made ptp 800 clone and while there are many good 800 profiles they allways seem to miss something compared to real amp. Previous Mbritt 800 profiles were very good but these are way better? with these profiles + 2x12 cab + les paul im happy?

• Bought the 2020 Pack yesterday, and haven't (yet!) made it past the first profile (13 LDW 3), which to my ears is perfect for getting Trey Anastasio's tone from "Stash". Thanks Michael for keeping the great profiles coming!

Thanks so much! And that profile in particular is a favorite of mine. I just love the clean tone of that amp. It's strong sounding and clear.

• :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

2020 pack-

Just..., damn....,Good 8)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Okay, since there's so much Tele at the moment I'll ask a dumb question.

I've been a Strat guy all my life, currently a plain old '89 American. I bought a new American Tele a year or so back, first one ever. Love the sound but with 10s on both guitars and same setup, the Strat plays easy, the Tele fights me.

Do Teles just inherently have more string tension than Strats? I thought they were the same scale. Or is there just something about this particular critter that makes for such a tight feel?

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

I've been a Strat guy all my life, currently a plain old '89 American. I bought a new American Tele a year or so back, first one ever. Love the sound but with 10s on both guitars and same setup, the Strat plays easy, the Tele fights me.

Do Teles just inherently have more string tension than Strats? I thought they were the same scale. Or is there just something about this particular critter that makes for such a tight feel?

My '90 Tele Standard is also stiff. It all has to do with setup; saddle height and neck tilt.
    Shallower break angles over the saddles usually result in lower tension. YMMV.

I usually have to drop 1/2 gauge to compensate. I've found a 9.5 set to be a good compromise.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• My '90 Tele Standard is also stiff. It all has to do with setup; saddle height and neck tilt.
    Shallower break angles over the saddles usually result in lower tension. YMMV.

I usually have to drop 1/2 gauge to compensate. I've found a 9.5 set to be a good compromise.

Yeah, I was thinking about dropping guage as well, but hadn't considered a .5, so thanks for that.

Moderators -

I was intending to post this in Show your latest guitar but screwed up and put it here, which is obviously OT. Could someone please move it (and Carl's reply) for me?

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

The tremolo on Strats generally makes them easier to bend notes, as it "gives" a bit. Teles don't give at all-they push back!

• The tremolo on Strats generally makes them easier to bend notes, as it "gives" a bit. Teles don't give at all-they push back!

Agreed. But the break angle is also important, though perhaps less. Some guys prefer strings over the stoptail in Gibsons, or raising the tailpiece a lot, which implies little break angle on the saddles and a slinkier feel. So, some work on the saddles may help. I have used 9.5 s and bending is a tad easier. Probably combining the two methods may be overkill, or perhaps not.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I bought this on Monday and love it. A personal highlight is the performances as I use my KPA mainly in performance mode.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Cant get passed the 3P AD Black 3 profile.

Once I engaged the Screamer Im stuck on its tone.

HELP!!!! ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Do I need to include some kind of warning disclaimer in my notes for that one?

For most of the ones in the pack I'd say. I'm so into these Marshall tones, man. Can't really give a ranking, each day new favorites in the 72, 68 and 800 sets. And the Trainwreck DLM and the CA OD are brilliant as well. Great heavy tones but always, always very tasteful. Great work - thanks a lot!