M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Trying to cover Joe Satriani's Flying in a blue dream using the 2020 pack

The tone was mesmerising, Sammy, along with your playing and capturing of the vibe. So well done, mate.

IMHO, the only real difference between your and the original recording's tone, and it's not really even a tone thing as we'd normally think of it, is that yours has more bottom end in it, but it's just a weight thing IMHO and not a tonal difference most would notice. Obviously the original had it high-pass-filtererd out for the mix.

Brilliant, man.

• Trying to cover Joe Satriani's Flying in a blue dream using the 2020 pack

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Really accomplished playing. Very nice

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• The tone was mesmerising, Sammy, along with your playing and capturing of the vibe. So well done, mate.

IMHO, the only real difference between your and the original recording's tone, and it's not really even a tone thing as we'd normally think of it, is that yours has more bottom end in it, but it's just a weight thing IMHO and not a tonal difference most would notice. Obviously the original had it high-pass-filtererd out for the mix.

Brilliant, man.

Thanks, Nicky, though it should be Michael getting the kudos. This was straight out of the Stage into Pro Tools, no processing apart from Pro Limiter on the master to catch any clipping. You’re right, I should’ve hi passed it to get closer to the record :):thumbup:

Really accomplished playing. Very nice

Thanks! :)

• I was bored at work today, so decided I wanted to make a ditty using the 2020 pack. Unfortunately, I'd left my iLok at home, so had to make do with Logic's Drummer and stock plugs. Ho hum. Anyway, I recorded the different layers with my iPhone and cut them together.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I was bored at work today, so decided I wanted to make a ditty using the 2020 pack. Unfortunately, I'd left my iLok at home, so had to make do with Logic's Drummer and stock plugs. Ho hum. Anyway, I recorded the different layers with my iPhone and cut them together.

That is so cool! Thanks! Great playing!

• I'm running these through a cab with a couple of Kones. There are heaps of great tones in the 2020 pack but I thought I would mention that there are some great clean warm jazz tones in this set. The A type speaker on some of the clean LDW profiles is perfect for this stuff. They sound really good in the flat response setting (monitor cab on) as well as with the imprints.

Hey Sam, I am curious, what would you have used if you had your iLok?

• Hey Sam, I am curious, what would you have used if you had your iLok?

Steven Slate Drums, maybe some synths, some effects... As it was, once I realised I didn’t have it with me, my ambitions for the music went down a couple of notches, haha

It kind of taught me a lesson, though. The rhythm chords were what started the track, after I made the Drummer track in Logic and used whatever rhythm was default, and it was the first thing I played after picking up the strat. I wouldn’t have been that casual if I was going to be “serious” about it, and even though it’s not a particularly great, full, professional track, I’m pleased that it literally took me almost no time to get done and almost everything was one take.

• My take...starting with the Grab and Go through the Crank and Go, MBritt profiles have more top end than they had pre-2017. You can tweak the EQ and definition to get the older ones closer, but these seem to be more present...in a good way. I wonder if Michael did that at the profiling i.e. turned up the treble etc. or in post tweaking.

• My take...starting with the Grab and Go through the Crank and Go, MBritt profiles have more top end than they had pre-2017. You can tweak the EQ and definition to get the older ones closer, but these seem to be more present...in a good way. I wonder if Michael did that at the profiling i.e. turned up the treble etc. or in post tweaking.

Quite possibly a little bit of both. Also, my preferences have changed slightly and I may have also just improved after having made so many? I'll throw some luck in the mix too. And I did make an effort to try to save my eardrums from excessive tinnitus, so my average listening levels have also dropped a bit, which could also account for more high end in the profiles. If they're better suited for lower volumes, there may be some slight tweaking necessary for really loud gigs. It's a trade off, but I do feel like the newer ones are more balanced. Mic placement may have changed slightly, but not dramatically.

• Here is a collab vid that Bart Dietvorst just released. He asked me to contribute some tele noodling to a track he had and then got a bunch of other guys too. Chicken pickin' is something I love but there are guys that play circles around me, but it was still fun. I'm also attaching the Bogner Metropolis rig here for anyone that wants it. It's just an edited version of the one in my 2020 Pack. Enjoy!

External Content www.youtube.com

Boggy Metro Y1 2 BD - 2020-01-13 10-11-32.krig.zip

• Many thanks Michael!

Watched a Paul David video on YouTube earlier (wow, what a guitar player he is), with his 5 fave Kemper Rigs, suffice to say 4 of them were yours from the Profile pack 1.

Think I'll go ahead a purchase that, the Matchbox one sounded sublime.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Here is a collab vid that Bart Dietvorst just released. He asked me to contribute some tele noodling to a track he had and then got a bunch of other guys too. Chicken pickin' is something I love but there are guys that play circles around me, but it was still fun. I'm also attaching the Bogner Metropolis rig here for anyone that wants it. It's just an edited version of the one in my 2020 Pack. Enjoy!

External Content www.youtube.com

Boggy Metro Y1 2 BD - 2020-01-13 10-11-32.krig.zip

smokin' hot!!!

• I just wanted to say I love the 2020 pack. I got stuck in the performances that were included in the pack for several days before I even started to explore the other profiles. Every guitar I ran through the performances sounded great. Kudos and a big thumbs up, you've spoiled me more than I deserve. Thanks.

Dave

• I don't know why, but Paypal won't process my 2020 pack order.

Is there any other way than paypal to get this one?

I paid mine by credit card, that’ s also an option. I believe it’s just underneath the PayPal button.

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3

• Bought the 2020 pack, great tones in there!

I was comparing the 68 Marshall with the 69 Marshall from a few years ago, and they seem to be very different.

To my ears, the 69 with the Greenback cab is looser and more old-school, while the 68 seems to be more balanced and tame (not talking about gain levels, just the general voice even at low gain).

Both good, hard choice! Anyone else has opinions/preference on this?