M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Ok, final new song from the same sessions I posted above. Once again. All Kemper and all MBritt. Pretty much the same profiles as above. 65 champ. 69 Marshall and LDW on the solo. There is also an MBritt AC30 in there to give the chugging part a little more punch. This time we added the green screamer on the solo because the LDW is super thick sounding and we needed it to cut through everything that was going on underneath it, and we wanted it to give it a little bit of a fuzz or hair. The solo is at the end in the jam part.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ok, final new song from the same sessions I posted above. Once again. All Kemper and all MBritt. Pretty much the same profiles as above. 65 champ. 69 Marshall and LDW on the solo. There is also an MBritt AC30 in there to give the chugging part a little more punch. This time we added the green screamer on the solo because the LDW is super thick sounding and we needed it to cut through everything that was going on underneath it, and we wanted it to give it a little bit of a fuzz or hair. The solo is at the end in the jam part.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Awesome song and kemper sounds. are yall on spotify? I think I tried looking the other day but couldnt find

• From a different perspective of low production values, this is a repurposed song writer rig from the 2020 pack. Live into an old Roland keyboard amp.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• From a different perspective of low production values, this is a repurposed song writer rig from the 2020 pack. Live into an old Roland keyboard amp.

care to tell us which one!? Great playing and tone all around the room.

• care to tell us which one!? Great playing and tone all around the room.

Yup, it's from the variety performance and is the songwriting/big patch. I changed the delay to single and rolled off the guitar tone. I tend to hover around performances mainly and it's another reason why I love this pack.

• Curiosity question...

How important is knowing what amp is being profiled? Is it vital to know what amp is making the sound you are hearing or is just hearing a great sound enough? I mean, most profilers already change the names so as not to infringe on copyrights. Is it just in the "knowing" the amp brand/model or do you just listen to the tone with no care about what amp it is?

• Curiosity question...

How important is knowing what amp is being profiled? Is it vital to know what amp is making the sound you are hearing or is just hearing a great sound enough? I mean, most profilers already change the names so as not to infringe on copyrights. Is it just in the "knowing" the amp brand/model or do you just listen to the tone with no care about what amp it is?

I think there are lots of people/players that have a particular amp in mind as a basis for the type of tone they are chasing or needing. As an example, I am a cover band player and like the fact I can see it's a Vox or whatever that gets me into the ballpark I can start with.

• Curiosity question...

for me not really. It’s a good place to start looking but I really only care about the sound. I did a Larry Carlton cover with an English profile and to my knowledge, he hasn’t used them and the Metheny cover was from something completely different although I believe he now uses a KPA and enjoys it. I also trust your brand, the tones make sense to me.

• It is fun to "know" what "amp" I am playing through, but not completely necessary. I have used profiles of amps that I was not familiar with (Quidley for example) and that has in no way been a deal breaker. In fact, I use the Quidley for low-tuned/tic tac/baritone type sounds, but discovered later that the amp is actually a vox/marshall type of amp.

If you were not able to reveal the name of an amp that you were going to profile, I would much rather have the profile and not know the name.

Any info about the circuit , tubes...or some indication of voxy, fenderish, marshall-like, would be interesting.

For a while, I have wanted to blind audition my favorite profiles, just to make sure I am not "listening with my eyes", if you know what I mean.

Be Thankful.

• How important is knowing what amp is being profiled? Is it vital to know what amp is making the sound you are hearing or is just hearing a great sound enough?

That's an interesting question indeed... some of us do have experience with a wide range of amps, others don't. So how will they approach it then?

that gets me into the ballpark I can start with.

That's my take as well. Playing a wide range of style it's good to have starting points. But actually I found really a lot of gems in your packs lonestargtr by systematically going through all the rigs. And even with a bit of experience I easily found a big handful of incredible overwhelming profiles of amps which I never heard of neither would ever be able to get in my hands. And that's the beauty of the Kemper: To open up this universe which enables inspiration and creativity...

Examples? Belchy Bomb 50 2- and MB - X-it X50S 3- from the RigPack. I can not even find much on the net on the originals. But the profiles are in use here. Every day! :thumbup:8)

• Curiosity question...

It probably shouldn't be important, but I know a lot of people, myself included, "hear with their eyes" as well as their ears. I'd sure I'd be fine using the performances from your last couple packs without knowing what they are, but I still like to know. I really like the write ups you do about the amps that you include in your packs, as well.

• Curiosity question...

I think there is a placebo effect for some people, including myself.

• With tube amps and guitars it is even worse, since the looks side and the investment side of the equation are inevitable. You try a no-big-name amp that sounds great, as good as the M or F amp next to it and a bit cheaper, will you buy it? You will ask yourself things. Will I resell it well? What will the band or the audience think about me not playing a M or an F amp? Will it be reliable? With profiles all this does not count, and yet there is some placebo effect. Even the source, the vendor or profiler, may be part of it, since we do build expectations about their work.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• To be honest... with commercial profiles I wanna know as much as possible about the used gear! Amp details, used channel, settings, cab, speakers, mic....

For me the Kemper is like a historical collection of amps and cabs - the profiles yet are unique because of the gear chain (and techniques) used by the profiler. Correct information in the tags lead to more transparency and increase the value for me.

Even if a profile sounds very good, I wanna know if "only" a plugin was profiled or a clone amp or something else. Same for cabs - I wanna know if a real cab was used in profiling process or a load with IR.

That's what the Kemper fun is all about for me. If a tiny cheap amp sounds nice - I wanna know about! Why should you not give at least a hint what gear is used?

• Tobi, you just summed up how I and I'm sure many others feel and look at it. Bravo man! :thumbup:

Correct information in the tags lead to more transparency and increase the value for me.

Plus a million, mate.

• Seeing the Kemper in this way (authentic amp / gear collection), it makes me feel like an explorer or archeologist 8)

It doesn't matter if I "dig up" a valuable piece of history or a find that turns out cheap bulk, but with its own charm, character and benefit.

As a Kemper profile archeologist I just have to identify the origin and details behind the rig. Especially when a profile surprises me and blows my mind, I wanna know what are the ingredients of the magic! That adds some mojo, for sure ;)

And you don't say: "Hey girl, this was a nice evening! We should meet again. No, your name and story isn't that important for me. Don't tell me anything. This doesn't make you more pretty."

• I agree with most of the above, but want to re-emphasize: If you have an amp and/or profiles(s) that you do not want to or cannot name, I would still buy the profile(s). If you think that the the profiles are worthy, then I'd like to hear them. And like patrick2099, I do enjoy the little blurbs that are included with the profiles. It would be interesting to know why you declined to include the amp name!

So, that begs the question: Why did you ask?

Be Thankful.

• Curiosity question...

To be honest, I have never purchased a profile pack for a single amp, as I am not after one specific tone, I hear demos and look to what I have and what I dont, and based on what I hear, I decide to get a pack. Normally I just go over the collection of profiles, start checking every profile, and keep the ones I like, even if I dont know what am I playing (I use my strat, my Sg, my C1 fr with most profiles before start deleting). I never heard or looked after a TopHat amp before until I came across the one in the 2020 pack, and now I know if I would ever have the money, I would buy one of those.

The answer is 42