M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Playing starts at 2:32

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nicely done sir, and had I not bought the pack already, this would have sealed the deal.

Beautiful, and well played!

• Just purchased the Morgan Pack.

Everybody......sing along!

(Sung to Happy Birthday)

Merry Christmas to me...

Britt's new rig pack is key...

For getting great toooooo-oooone.

Crank it up and you'll see! :D

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• So, with the caveat that I am not a high-gain player, I tried out about a dozen profiles from this pack. I jammed for about an hour trying out different rigs from about 0-3 or 4 bars of gain, occasionally straying into 5 (I know, heady territory...). So far, a huge thumbs up. More when I have more time.

good enough for me man, to the Britt shop I go

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Hi Michael, like many others I think your profiles are the best. I wanted to ask you to do the Fender GB Hot Rod Deluxe George Benson Signature profiles. I would love to have it in my collection of your profiles. I really like your polytone mini brute jazz profile, this is the best jazz sound, I recommend it to everyone, it is in the vintage pack. If you have a Fender GB Hot Rod Deluxe George Benson Signature I'm ready to buy them, I think many would like to have a george benson sound.

• Hi Michael, like many others I think your profiles are the best. I wanted to ask you to do the Fender GB Hot Rod Deluxe George Benson Signature profiles. I would love to have it in my collection of your profiles. I really like your polytone mini brute jazz profile, this is the best jazz sound, I recommend it to everyone, it is in the vintage pack. If you have a Fender GB Hot Rod Deluxe George Benson Signature I'm ready to buy them, I think many would like to have a george benson sound.

Choptones has profiled that amp. They also made impulse responses of it.

• Has anyone ever found a cab with Jensen speakers that works well with M Britt's profiles? I'd like to keep their dynamics and feel but would want to switch to Jensens for Fenders.

Looking especially for P12s and P10s. Thanks!

• Has anyone ever found a cab with Jensen speakers that works well with M Britt's profiles? I'd like to keep their dynamics and feel but would want to switch to Jensens for Fenders.

Looking especially for P12s and P10s. Thanks!

A word of wisdom from my experience. Jensens are jensens, my twin reverb is moded so I can connect yo an external power amp, I run the vibro and the super trough them from the 2020 pack and they sound pretty spot on. BUUUT, those jensen sound really bad with marshall/vox. In contrast, I had very good result with some of the boutique profiles from that same pack, I get nice tones from the two rock, top hat and the divided by 13 profiles (mainly overdriven or clean).

The answer is 42

• If you have 20 minutes to kill...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If you have 20 minutes to kill...

External Content www.youtube.com

Great video, thanks a lot! It is interesting to see that you approach the refining process a lot different than for example Guidorist, who posted a video about the profiling process a little while ago. Do you think that with a little more refining, you can get the profile even closer to the original? I don’t want to start a discussion about sound or usefulness of a profile, just asking about the comparison.

• that’s just great man, I also like your idea for a follow up with the Kemper settings, I’d love to see your thoughts on that.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Great video lonestargtr just shows if you have the right equipment and knowhow you'll match 99% to the amp, the last 1% is negligible. Definition, eq etc is just salt and pepper.

Should definitely do more of these vids.

Now where can I get me one of those remote control mike cradles! I could convert it and never have to reach for a beer again!

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• For me that video is a bit "disappointing". And it seems there are no profiling secrets to watch here?!

It's not really disappointing, because I like many MBritt profiles. I love how they sound and not how authentic they are.

But I am honest - I expected MBritt profiles to be much closer to the source amp (maybe others are?).

So let's better call it: Watching the video is very demystifying. If you only focus on authenticity, I can CLEARY hear the differences. And in both examples the difference is more than 1% - let's be honest. They both do not sound identical to the source. At my first listen I was quite shocked, because I expected a video that shows how close the Kemper can come. Maybe (more) refining down the fretboard would helped here?

• For me that video is a bit "disappointing". And it seems there are no profiling secrets to watch here?!

It's not really disappointing, because I like many MBritt profiles. I love how they sound and not how authentic they are.

But I am honest - I expected MBritt profiles to be much closer to the source amp (maybe others are?).

So let's better call it: Watching the video is very demystifying. If you only focus on authenticity, I can CLEARY hear the differences. And in both examples the difference is more than 1% - let's be honest. They both do not sound identical to the source. At my first listen I was quite shocked, because I expected a video that shows how close the Kemper can come. Maybe (more) refining down the fretboard would helped here?

Michael stated in the video this profile was "as-is"; no tweaking. I have 95% of his packs. I rarely tweak any of them, but when I do, it's usually just the top end and that depends on if I use SC or HB pickups. I bet his tweaks his packs before they're released.

The most important point is no 2 amps sound identical either. Neither tubes nor electronic parts are consistent. You could take this profile and A/B with another Matchless on the showrooom floor and it could be identical or sound even better. How many plug into an amp and never turn the tone knobs?

This profile sounded identical to the characteristic sound of the amp. There will always be tonal variations.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Michael stated in the video this profile was "as-is"; no tweaking. I have 95% of his packs. I rarely tweak any of them, but when I do, it's usually just the top end and that depends on if I use SC or HB pickups. I bet his tweaks his packs before they're released.

The most important point is no 2 amps sound identical either. Neither tubes nor electronic parts are consistent. You could take this profile and A/B with another Matchless on the showrooom floor and it could be identical or sound even better. How many plug into an amp and never turn the tone knobs?

This profile sounded identical to the characteristic sound of the amp. There will always be tonal variations.

Again. I have bought almost all MBritt profiles and I love many of them.
    I don't care for authenticity if I like a sound. Really! But knowing about the recent discussions about a new competitor in the market and influencer trying to hype it, I think the video doesn't help to proof that the Kemper is able to get very very close to a source amps tone.

Please listen again to the video (with good studio monitors, headphones). Listen closely to the gain strutcure and mids. Do you really think the profile sounds "IDENTICAL to the characteristic sound of the amp"? I think it is not close enough and the characteristics are not captured well. Maybe it is close enough for someone else, but we all must agree, this is more like 80-90 % close to the source and not 99%.

I played the comparison parts to my son (blind test, not telling him what it is) and just asked: Which amp do you like better. He believed that it was two DIFFERENT amps and I just wanted to know what he likes better. Btw. he liked the real amp. I prefered the Kemper profile. But it does not sound identical.