M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Hi all,

Sorry for my ignorance but I can't figure out a few of the amps in Pack 2. They are;

Lil Willie 22 & Lil Willie 50

Vickie Double D

ViKing

The rest I can understand from a quick google or some context clues, but those three I've no clue :?:

• Lil Willie: Little Walter

Vickie Double D: Victoria Double Deluxe

ViKing: Fender Vibro-King

• Hi everyone,

Is there actually a forum verdict on which Kemper Kone speaker imprint comes closest to Britt's CL80 cab?

Sorry if it's already mentioned in this thread... but it's 158 pages long....

Thanks!

• I've not seen any consensus on that. It would be great to see a Classic 80 imprint included in the future to aid this.

• I've not seen any consensus on that. It would be great to see a Classic 80 imprint included in the future to aid this.

As fars as we know, we might get a ton more celestion imprints, as they are the one that manufactures the kone

I have a 212 with CL 80s and also had a 212 creamback, As far as I remember, creambacks sound very alike them, while in turn sound a lot like smooth greenbacks, so while waiting, I would asume creambacks will give you an idea.

The answer is 42

• I'm not sure how "close" they are but my favorite imprints are the JBL D120F, Celestion G12-100, and G12M Creamback.

• For a long time I was looking for a bass profile that was deep souding and three-dimensional.
    Until I tried the profile with the name SC Gabriels Hammer from Michael Britt's bass profile pack.
    Maybe it's just my personal taste but for this song with acoustic guitar I think it supports it perfectly.

Maybe it's helpful to someone.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi guys,

so, Britt's 69 Marshall with the Celestion 25w greenbacks belong to the best profiles I know. They actually are 1 of my 2 go to profiles now. It's especially about the cab - which is of course a rare one for Britt.

However, I am struggling to use it on the Kabinet. If I use the Greenback imprint it just doesn't sound right. And I also don't think there's any other imprint that fits 100%, the closest is probably the G12-100 (at least to my ears they are closer than the creambacks that some people suggested).

That's troubling me a little since the profile is only half as good as it could be if I can't use it through the Kabinet and be sure it sounds the same as what comes to FOH. I don't have that problem with other cabinets - usually the imprints are very close to what the creators profiled. But the greenback imprint just doesn't work.

Any else having issues with the greenback imprint? I'm sure Britt captured it well. Maybe his speakers were broken in and the Kemper imprint has fresh and noisy speakers? Please enlighten me.

• Kaschko which pack is that mbritt 69 Marshall with the greenbacks?

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• Kaschko that 69 Marshall is one of my favourite rigs ever too. The first gig I ever used the Kemper on that was my default rig and both the FOH engineer and Monitor Engineer came up at the end and said the combination of that and my PRS513 was the best live sound they had heard ?

I can’t say that I’ve found the Greenback imprints to be troublesome with any rigs I’ve tried although I haven’t done an A/B with that rig.

You could try running that rig in Full Range mode on the Kabinet instead of with an imprint and see if that works any better for you.

• Kaschko that 69 Marshall is one of my favourite rigs ever too. The first gig I ever used the Kemper on that was my default rig and both the FOH engineer and Monitor Engineer came up at the end and said the combination of that and my PRS513 was the best live sound they had heard ?

I can’t say that I’ve found the Greenback imprints to be troublesome with any rigs I’ve tried although I haven’t done an A/B with that rig.

You could try running that rig in Full Range mode on the Kabinet instead of with an imprint and see if that works any better for you.

Wheresthedug which mbritt pack is that 69 from?

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• I'm constantly reaching for the 69 Marshalls, and the 72s are frequent flyers as well. I'm also getting a lot of use out of the EVH tribute profile he released after Eddie's passing, which if memory serves (not in the studio at the moment) was also a 69. Tons of bite on that one.

I think the 69 / 72 Marshalls and the Freidman 50s make up the majority of the tones I use.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Just got to test drive the powered speaker with some imprints and proper dBs

Vintage -> modern:

- 68, 69 and 72

- jcm800s

- Freidman 50s

Then there's one old go-to MB profile named "Blackface Dirt". I don't know where it is from (probably some one off I guess), but it just WORKS, no matter what!

=> 8):thumbup:

• You could try running that rig in Full Range mode on the Kabinet instead of with an imprint and see if that works any better for you.

That really doesn't work for me. I find the Full Range mode extremely thin and weird sounding, although it works better with the 69 profiles than most others.

• I'm constantly reaching for the 69 Marshalls, and the 72s are frequent flyers as well. I'm also getting a lot of use out of the EVH tribute profile he released after Eddie's passing, which if memory serves (not in the studio at the moment) was also a 69. Tons of bite on that one.

I think the 69 / 72 Marshalls and the Freidman 50s make up the majority of the tones I use.

But which speaker imprints do you use? The greenback imprint just doesn't sound anything like listening to the 69 cab from Britt.