M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Congrats on your son. That's definitely something to be proud of. I love your profiles, but your life, your family, and your music are more important than putting out new profile packs. Thanks for everything you do for the Kemper community.

• Today I released my Grammatico SSS Pack on mbritt.com! Some of you who follow me on IG (recommend) will know that I've been gaga over this amp since I tried it out back in April. I couldn't get it out of my head so I ordered one and during that process spoke to John Grammatico about possibly doing a deal to split proceeds of the profiles with him so he can be a part of the success (if it has any). This is the result. The amp is based on the Dumble Steel String Singer made famous by the likes of SRV, Eric Johnson, and John Mayer (among others). As soon as I played through this amp I could see why. I must confess to becoming a little bit jaded about amps after playing through so many over the years and profiling a hundred more. Very few amps "wow" me anymore, which is kinda disappointing sometimes. This amp wowed me. It's not like any other amp that I've played. Even as good as the profiles came out, they still don't capture all of the overtones and nuance that the amp puts out. But the profiles do sound fantastic and I immediately put them into rotation in our live shows and haven't looked back. If you want a unique clean to edge of breakup tone (and even some lead tones) this amp pack should be on your list. It has a healthy low end without being flubby. It has a crisp top end without being ice picky. It has lots of mids without sounding boxy. Even though it's clean, it sustains like a gain amp. I can totally see why SRV used this amp. Check out the sound samples in the video below: Thanks!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Isn't that also the amp David Lindley used while he was with Jackson Browne? Browne himself used a different Dumble if I remember correctly, but I always thought Lindley used an SSS on "Running on empty".

I might be wrong though, it's probably 30 years since I've read that in a guitar magazine.

• Isn't that also the amp David Lindley used while he was with Jackson Browne? Browne himself used a different Dumble if I remember correctly, but I always thought Lindley used an SSS on "Running on empty".

I might be wrong though, it's probably 30 years since I've read that in a guitar magazine.

I do believe Lindsley and Jackson both had steel string singers. That’s where SRV first heard one I think, at Jackson’s studio. Not sure which s/n those were or which s/n this one was based on but it’s fantastic. I cannot imagine a real Dumble sounding much better.

• Mike, I only tried about 3 or 4 profiles, after purchasing it yesterday(played each one for quite a while). The level of detail coming out of my HB guitars is incredible. Off to work for my 3 day weekend shift, but I'll be trying my Strats/Teles early next week. Great stuff as always. I really like your FX settings. I wind up storing most of them to import into others profiles.

• Well, I bought my first-ever Kemper Profiler Pack from Mr. Britt, the Heavy Pack. I flipped through them, kind of a bit disappointed if I'm honest, and then one of his 5150iii Profiles came on and it blew me away. I don't know the actual name of that Profile, but Mr. Britt just absolutely nailed not only that EVH Tone, but the ultimate rhythm tone for what I mostly do on the guitar. Thick! Defined! Clear! Aggressive! Mean! Hateful! That makes for a great Metal tone!

I'm going to run through them again tonight & listen with a fresh ear. The ol' brain can get a bit worn out when you hear dozens & dozens of Profiles, day after day. A well-spent $17CAD!???

• Mike, the Running with Lindley profile is brilliant. I just installed a Wolfetone Dr Vintage set in my PRS SE Zach Meyers single cut hollow body and played this Famous Performance - Lindley for an hour straight. Not a bad position on the guitar, switch or pot roll off. It will be a go to for a while I suspect!

• Hi, maybe I should look better in the forum but I haven't found an answer till now. Is there a way to identify in Rig Manager or in the profiler which rigs are Studio, Direct or Merged except the Rig Name which is not a very consistent method?

Thank you!

• Today I released my Grammatico SSS Pack on mbritt.com! Some of you who follow me on IG (recommend) will know that I've been gaga over this amp since I tried it out back in April. I couldn't get it out of my head so I ordered one and during that process spoke to John Grammatico about possibly doing a deal to split proceeds of the profiles with him so he can be a part of the success (if it has any). This is the result. The amp is based on the Dumble Steel String Singer made famous by the likes of SRV, Eric Johnson, and John Mayer (among others). As soon as I played through this amp I could see why. I must confess to becoming a little bit jaded about amps after playing through so many over the years and profiling a hundred more. Very few amps "wow" me anymore, which is kinda disappointing sometimes. This amp wowed me. It's not like any other amp that I've played. Even as good as the profiles came out, they still don't capture all of the overtones and nuance that the amp puts out. But the profiles do sound fantastic and I immediately put them into rotation in our live shows and haven't looked back. If you want a unique clean to edge of breakup tone (and even some lead tones) this amp pack should be on your list. It has a healthy low end without being flubby. It has a crisp top end without being ice picky. It has lots of mids without sounding boxy. Even though it's clean, it sustains like a gain amp. I can totally see why SRV used this amp. Check out the sound samples in the video below: Thanks!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I hummed

I hawed

I watched twice

I caved

I'm impressed.

This might be my amp.8)

• I know. I first went to try the amps out at Grammatico's place at the request of a mutual friend and when I left I was haunted by the amp. It really felt like after 40 years of playing guitar I finally heard and felt the tone I've always had in my head. It's not a high gain amp but for everything else, this amp just feels right.

• I know. I first went to try the amps out at Grammatico's place at the request of a mutual friend and when I left I was haunted by the amp. It really felt like after 40 years of playing guitar I finally heard and felt the tone I've always had in my head. It's not a high gain amp but for everything else, this amp just feels right.

It'll get a workout this Wednesday night at practice for sure. That'll be the acid test. :)

So how do we get our hands on the M Britt t-shirt you're wearing?

I sent an email on your contact form months ago but never heard anything back from you. Can't find any store links on your site.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I do believe Lindsley and Jackson both had steel string singers. That’s where SRV first heard one I think, at Jackson’s studio. Not sure which s/n those were or which s/n this one was based on but it’s fantastic. I cannot imagine a real Dumble sounding much better.

I bought the pack and found your take on "running on lindley". I took my Tele (actually a replica of Broadcaster #0211) and while that sure is not the Rickenbacker Lap Steel Lindley used on that song, the amp tone nails it. There is a video from that song from 1977 (different from the album version) where Browne plays a Strat with a Tele headstock. And that sound - probably a Dumble as well - I could really nail.

Interestingly enough those are tones which do work in a more contemporary kind of music as well.

Regarding the type of amps I did some research and it seems Lindley has stated in an recent interview that he was using an ODS (actually the second one ever made).

https://www.fretboardjournal.c…interviews-david-lindley/

But whatever it was, your Grammatico SSS pack sounds just like it.