Harmonizer question?

• You are right, Mr CK, it was in the stomp section. No idea how you could figure that out from a clip, you have an amazing insight into how these things work.

I could get a better impact in the effects section? Something for me to try out, thank you for the tip. ^^

I agree, this is a really strange interval to play on, but since the option is there, I just wanted to highlight times when the effect sounds a bit digital since you explicitly asked for a clip. It is by no means a drawback, since I have never heard a better harmonizer and it is truly ingenious.

At the same time, I think some of the suggestions to include more options such as a pre-delay in the harmonizer are exciting for lay users such as myself, since others have had more exposure to gear than I have. But you are the expert, so I'll leave that to your judgment.

I think one of the outcomes of the discussion though is that your users want to sound like duelling guitarists with the Harmonizer. It might not exist with conventional harmonizers in their present form. Perhaps a tweaked version like you have done to other effects?

• I could think of better ways to simulate a second player. But this requires a bit more research and will not be done in a week.

I see a high misconception in what will have an effect and what is implemented already.

- Presumingly the best way to simulate two guitarists is to pan both (or all three) signals to the left and right of the stereo field. This is possible by the Stereo Control in the Pitch Shifter. But hardly mentioned.
    - A constant delay will hardly sound like a second guitarist, but like a second guitarist playing laid-back constantly.
    - A varying delay is the best choice. But this is what a pitch shifter produced anyway due to its physical nature
    - A modulation produces detunes which is a good thing for separating to voices. Our Pitch shifter has a fine tune.
    - The variable formant correction in the pitch shifter is a perfect "filter" for variing the sound and character of shifted voice. But varying the second voice might not be too appealing. Otherwise the formant correction would have been mentioned as the secret hint to do the trick.

What bothers me is, that the delay in the Eventides pitch shifter was claimed to be the trick for letting the voice sound from a second guitar, decades ago. Since then, every company copied this feature, and we are asked for that same old stuff. (If it does the trick, then post clips please!)
    If Eventide had the formant correction back in those days and claimed it to be the trick, then everyone would ask for a formant correction, even though formant correction does not do the trick.

However, the formant correction lets the pitch shifter voice sound natural - the first time in guitar world. But it seems that no guitarist has ever asked for this feature, even though it existed in studio deviced for a couple years.