New Whitesnake "Is This Love" rigs!

• I've just uploaded 4 rigs, presets might be a better term - they are tweaked rigs OF OTHERS that nicely fit this great Whitesnake tune, which my band plays. I take no credit for the amp or cab profiling, which were wonderfully done by people more talented than I. I merely tweaked settings for playing this one tune.

The harmonizer patch is my favorite - use it playing the higher note, versus the lower which is preferred by many, including Paults, whose guidance helped me with this patch. Thanks Paul! It is for use in Em, the original key. Note: you will probably need to turn volumes down according to your guitar. I will re-tweak the volumes and re-upload on the Rig later. I hope you enjoy!

There are 4 rigs: main clean verse with heavy delay
    chorus - mimics the synth notes in each chorus
    harmony - used for 1st solo and at the very end the song
    solo - for the 2nd, main solo

These may be found under "Is This Love" or by looking for Whitesnake. Feedback is welcome! :thumbup:

Gary ô¿ô

Edited once, last by prsgary ().

• Just tried these Gary. Love the Harmony ones sound great. For my guitars (PRS) I had to turn the rig volume down quite a bit. Don't worry about the 1 star rating ninja he's been around here for quite a while. :thumbup:

Glad you liked the "Harmony" rig, that was fun to put together, or rather figure out... never owned or used a harmonizer before. KPA - you rock!!

Speaking of loud rigs - have you tried that new Egnator Armaggedon? Talk about extremely loud!!! I can't play it over 1.0 Master Volume!

Did you find all of the rigs too loud? I play PRS also btw. My rigs are still in state of tweaking, especially the volumes. For my cover band I find it much tougher to get proper volumes than in the studio. Any advice on getting stage volumes more proper are welcome and appreciated! I'll re-tweak and re-upload when "right." Thanks for your input as always!

Gary ô¿ô

• A lot of people on this forum was picking on me for my profiles, but I have found at least 7 recently uploaded profiles that the actual profile was made for about 3-3,5 years ago and some of them have my name (KB) as amp and cab creator.

I have tried the Rocktron Voodu Valve profiles that was recently uploaded and only the sound of the amp (cab in off mode) and it sound exactly like mine Rocktron Voodu Valve. If you compare the valve charcter of the actual distortion with a another Rocktron Voodu Valve, you can hear that isn't the same, because I have change the Vacuum Tube in my unit.

• A lot of people on this forum was picking on me for my profiles,

Because it weren't your profiles. This has been investigated and checked and approved by Kemper. Do you still deny it?
    Very bold, but not in a good way.

but I have found at least 7 recently uploaded profiles that the actual profile was made for about 3-3,5 years ago and some of them have my name (KB) as amp and cab creator.

I have tried the Rocktron Voodu Valve profiles that was recently uploaded and only the sound of the amp (cab in off mode) and it sound exactly like mine Rocktron Voodu Valve. If you compare the valve charcter of the actual distortion with a another Rocktron Voodu Valve, you can hear that isn't the same, because I have change the Vacuum Tube in my unit.

This is getting ridiculous.
    If you claim you've been robbed of your profiles open YOUR OWN THREAD and do not hijack this one.

• Glad you liked the "Harmony" rig, that was fun to put together, or rather figure out... never owned or used a harmonizer before. KPA - you rock!!

Speaking of loud rigs - have you tried that new Egnator Armaggedon? Talk about extremely loud!!! I can't play it over 1.0 Master Volume!

Did you find all of the rigs too loud? I play PRS also btw. My rigs are still in state of tweaking, especially the volumes. For my cover band I find it much tougher to get proper volumes than in the studio. Any advice on getting stage volumes more proper are welcome and appreciated! I'll re-tweak and re-upload when "right." Thanks for your input as always!

Yeah I had to turn them all down so the volume was on around 12 o clock :) 2 of my PRS's are fitted with dragon pick ups, the Navarro PRS have is fitted with HFS pick ups I think ?(

• Just tried these Gary. Love the Harmony ones sound great. For my guitars (PRS) I had to turn the rig volume down quite a bit. Don't worry about the 1 star rating ninja he's been around here for quite a while. :thumbup:

You're right Raoul, I adjusted them down myself on my KPA. Everybody that tries this rig -> please adjust volumes down!! I will make adjustments and re-load to the rig exchange.

I earlier compared this high volume to the Egnator Armaggedon - I meant the Marshall JMP86 Aldrich by Peter W. Have you tried that rig :whistling: ? Amazing tone, killer really... but talk about loud!! I wonder how he got it so loud without clipping.

Gary ô¿ô

• You're right Raoul, I adjusted them down myself on my KPA. Everybody that tries this rig -> please adjust volumes down!! I will make adjustments and re-load to the rig exchange.

I earlier compared this high volume to the Egnator Armaggedon - I meant the Marshall JMP86 Aldrich by Peter W. Have you tried that rig :whistling: ? Amazing tone, killer really... but talk about loud!! I wonder how he got it so loud without clipping.

Yeah I've tried that Aldrich profile again it was way to loud !!! I had to turn it down I can remember trying it at a gig in sound check and the people in the pub nearly fell of their seats with how loud it was lol :)

• [quote='DrBertson','index.php?page=Thread&postID=168322#post168322']A lot of people on this forum was picking on me for my profiles, but I have found at least 7 recently uploaded profiles that the actual profile was made for about 3-3,5 years ago and some of them have my name (KB) as amp and cab creator.

DrBertson - please take note of the changes I made to the original post which began this thread. I hope you, and anyone else reading, will not be offended in any way. You and others have done some fabulous work that is greatly appreciated.

Play on!! :thumbup:

Gary ô¿ô

If you claim you've been robbed of your profiles open YOUR OWN THREAD and do not hijack this one.

The Rocktron profiles upped by Gary (and discussed in this thread) is actually tagged with KB in both amp- and cabsector. If it is only tags or really his work I can't tell.

That means - as also (PRS)Gary himself tells at first - that it is not original profiles made by whom is tagged as author and as so not on terms with the code of conduct.

This leaves us with a question of ethics.

Should anybody publish other peoples work and put them self up as author? Is tweaking a profile enough to take the credit for the rig?

I think the doctor might have some kind of a point here. He got himself in bad standing for publishing other peoples work as his own while the next guy doing something similar is more or less praised. Is it only a question about how many tags you edit? Or are you safe home if only you say that it is not your profile?

Sorry Gary. I don't mean to harm you by any means, but we touch something pretty basic here. IMHO...

If you think I'm out of line tell me and I'll remove the post....

EDIT - a number of posts was added while I wrote this (it took me quite a while) but I still find it relevant to clear up the terms.

• most profiles on the rig exchange are a collection of multiple peoples work...once people are honest about it then whats the problem ?

Also, if people arent honest about it then the tagging still shows up the truth doesn't it ?

I like the Whitesnake profiles by the way once the gain was lowered on the clean sound. Harmony was spot on and tone matching aint that far off when you play along with the original song.......

well done to everyone who was or wasn't involved ......

next ......