Rig Exchange

• You didn't read carefully the thread...

Now it's time for appologies.
    We have compared the profiles in question on a data basis. They are absolutely identical for the sound part. Bit by bit. However Lasses null-test was an equivalent test.
    We can also tell that those two profiles are not the only stolen ones.
    We'll have more facts later.

• Since I was curious, I did a file comparison as well. And I can confirm that it's a blatant rip of Lasse's work.
    Amazing to see him still insist that he's done these profiles. This would be perfect reason for a lifetime ban, imho.
    Even if he decides to start making his own profiles now, I think the community can easily do without his "work".

'nuff said.

• I wonder why people here start talking about profiles on this thread, all I asked was if anyone has read anywhere about if a registered member may be locked out from the Rig Exchange?

• I am so tired of all of this, so I don't really care anymore.
    What it's one sad thing here, is that some people have become more and more angry and express themselfs in a sad state to others.

I have said before and I say it again, that I'm sorry that it has turned out like this.

• Why should we need to read somewhere if it's possible to be locked out?
    Of course it's possible, technically and legally. And you gave good ( ... erm, bad) reason to do so.
    You think copyright infraction is a trivial offense? Even at the scale you obviously did? Get a life and learn the lesson. :thumbdown: You haven't helped the community, you've actually hurt the community. So don't expect a lot of sympathy.

Personally:
    You made a stupid mistake. Deal with it. Enjoy your Profiler, make music, enjoy life ... and just accept that nobody needs your contributions in the Rig Exchange.

• DrBertson, in all honesty and with all sympathy, instead of opening yet another thread, and vaguely hinting at being 'sorry how it all turned out', you should once do what CK explicitely demanded: step up and apologize for your theft of intellectual property.

Then there'd be a possibility to start from scratch I think.

• Have to agree with Ingolf here. I cannot understand or have much sympathy with drb after it being proven without doubt that profiles were uploaded fraudulently. If someone does break the license I'd expect them to be locked out of RE to stop them committing even more infractions.

I found the whole escapade a little sad in some ways as I thought drb was a new and very good addition to the community. I was enjoying the amount and variety of profiles being put up, but ultimately felt duped a cheated. I'd imagine the producers of the original work felt much stronger.

What it's one sad thing here, is that some people have become more and more angry and express themselfs in a sad state to others.

I have said before and I say it again, that I'm sorry that it has turned out like this.

You're "sorry that it has turned out like this"??? Why don't you just man up and admit what you did? Then maybe you can beg for forgiveness. Otherwise, go away!

• Wow bro - let's get real here.

You got caught red handed and with both hands stuck in the cakebox.

And all you're saying is that you are sorry you got busted. Sorry that somebody are making such a fuzz about it.

I'm sure you can do better.

• i think the general view is that he is young and on some kind of ego trip,but we dont know that...for all we know he may have "difficulties" which i think means folk should be a little careful and maybe tread softly.

Agree 100%.

People feel deceived (admittedly for good reason), but it has been resolved now. Let's put it behind us. Forgive and especially forget.

Maybe I was a bit soft in my post on the other thread. I was hoping that you will apologize deeply and admit that you have adorned yourself with "borrowed profiles". I did not reveal the full story, to give you the chance to actively explain the story and not to loose all of your credibility.

Obviously you were not able to overview the situation, so I will tell the full facts.
    We had the ability to digitally compare your rigs with the full content of the rig exchange. It appeared that not less than 240 rigs were more or less copied from the rig exchange and relabeled. We do not have the chance to check against commercial rigs, as we do not have access to those. But Lasse Lammert told us the rest of the story.

This is the obvious reason why you have been blocked to upload rigs to the RigExchange and all your rigs have been erased.
    I give you another 48 hours to post a satisfying apology to this thread, that you have opened yourself. If we do not see anything appropriate, we throw you out of this forum as well.

Christoph Kemper