Midi through USB

• Hi,

I have my kemper now for four weeks and I am blown away.
    Next thing I wanna do is to control the rigs in performance mode from my IPAD with
    SetListMaker over a apogee duet 2. The duet has midi out over a USB port and I connect
    it to the kemper. This it not possible - right?
    Thanks!
    By the way: realy great community here.
    Peter

• You are right: it's not possible. Not yet. ;)

• FWIW, I used that exact adapter to flash my (now ex) TC Nova System...

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• Bumping this thread, because MIDI over USB to the Kemper would be a great feature. Of course, the workaround will do, however routing two USB cables to the same device seems silly. Especially a device with this level of sophistication.

• I definitely thought that it was possible ?. I read somewhere that you can use midi to control your whole gig by using a DAW or something to send midi data out to change the lights on stage and change the guitar sound automatically. That way you never had to push a button again as a guitar player and your lights on stage also automatically would follow the song.

I guess I might be wrong. Or maybe it’s just the Kemper that cannot recieve midi data. But if the Kemper can be used with a floorboard then why can’t it be used through midi?

• Hi b_tyan
    Of course you can control your Kemper via midi over the midi in (5 pin connector / cable).

But it is not possible to use an USB connection and send midi data over this cable.

A good alternative to the midi cable is a wireless midi adapter. In case your controller e.g. DAW is not next to your Kemper.
    In this Video I use an iPad and Bluebeard to control the Kemper over bluetooth

HTH

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• vjelen>>> No. Because it’s probably nothing I will ever find useful in my life. I only sit at home and record, so I’m not gonna find that chapter especially necessary for my usage.

PETERFR>>> I see. I thought it sounded wrong and couldn’t believe that this couldn’t be done. I don’t experiment with midi myself. Is the 5-pin port that much more a pain in the a**, that it’s much better through the USB port?

• PETERFR>>> I see. I thought it sounded wrong and couldn’t believe that this couldn’t be done. I don’t experiment with midi myself. Is the 5-pin port that much more a pain in the a**, that it’s much better through the USB port?

So I think it depends in witch context you wanna use it.
    On a large stage it could be you run into problems with longer usb cables (max 5 meters).

With MIDI we have no problems over 15 meter.

For home usage it would be great if we could use midi over usb because most of us have already a usb connection using RigManager.
    So what I am try to say is, at the moment you need the 5 pin midi cable with audio/midi device or an midi bluetooth adapter.

• vjelen>>> No. Because it’s probably nothing I will ever find useful in my life. I only sit at home and record, so I’m not gonna find that chapter especially necessary for my usage.

In your 1st post you wanted to know how to connect to the Kemper via midi. You can find this info in the Main Manual. But if you don't want to read few pages and rather spent more time with posting questions to this forum than go on.