Post your Kemper Rig Pictures Please

• Hey all....just got my Kemper last Wednesday, and gigged with it Saturday night. It sounded FANTASTIC! Still getting things figured out, but what an amazing piece of gear. FOH gets the stereo main feed direct out of the Kemper, the monitor out (with IR's disabled) goes into the Peavey power amp then the Bogner cab for my on stage monitoring.

[Blocked Image: http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/MattC68/IMG_0274_zpseifs44si.jpg]

• That Bogner a 1x12 I'm assuming?

What are people's opinions & preferences on monitoring units? Eg. Yamaha DXR10 / DXR12 etc.

Considering picking one up to use with my powered rack.....

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• I made a patch panel for my KPA Rack. In the 4U rack I've got a 3 receptacle surge protector tucked in the rear along with my Line 6 Relay G50 wireless. I added some panel mount BNC connectors and moved my Wireless receiver's antennas out to the patch panel... I moved most of the rear connections to the patch panel. I even have a passive DI in there with the Monitor Out connected so that I can go with either Hi-Z 1/4" out or XLR Balanced out. :) L-R on the panel is
    PowerCon in/out panel, G50 Antenna, Main L / R, LowZ Monitor, HiZ Monitor, Profiling Mic In, S/PDIF Out, S/PDIF In, USB, Remote EtherCon, EXP1/EXP2, Wireless Power, G50 Antenna. I built the panel with the anticipation of having a Remote... but am in the infinite waitlist for one at the moment. The idea was to not have to remove the back of the rack case. but I have to do that to reach the MIDI in/out for my Uno4Kemper equipped FCB1010.

[Blocked Image: http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr249/renegade900/Stuff/600C3C38-0CD8-42F0-A6D9-CC7C5C045C4E_zpsblxdr4kj.jpg]

• I made a patch panel for my KPA Rack. In the 4U rack I've got a 3 receptacle surge protector tucked in the rear along with my Line 6 Relay G50 wireless. I added some panel mount BNC connectors and moved my Wireless receiver's antennas out to the patch panel... I moved most of the rear connections to the patch panel. I even have a passive DI in there with the Monitor Out connected so that I can go with either Hi-Z 1/4" out or XLR Balanced out. :) L-R on the panel is
    PowerCon in/out panel, G50 Antenna, Main L / R, LowZ Monitor, HiZ Monitor, Profiling Mic In, S/PDIF Out, S/PDIF In, USB, Remote EtherCon, EXP1/EXP2, Wireless Power, G50 Antenna. I built the panel with the anticipation of having a Remote... but am in the infinite waitlist for one at the moment. The idea was to not have to remove the back of the rack case. but I have to do that to reach the MIDI in/out for my Uno4Kemper equipped FCB1010.

[Blocked Image: http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr249/renegade900/Stuff/600C3C38-0CD8-42F0-A6D9-CC7C5C045C4E_zpsblxdr4kj.jpg]

Still well thought out 3DogNate, looks good!! :thumbup:

[Blocked Image: http://i488.photobucket.com/al…C5C045C4E_zpsblxdr4kj.jpg]

@3DogNate could you post a picture of the back? What are you using for power? Well thought out.

• yes, that takes it a big step further to what I am looking for. The idea of moving the wireless to the back is really great. Saves one rack unit. And yes, I would like to see a picture of the back as well.
    Many thanks for posting!

Nice!

...this is also what I will be aiming for... I see you put it together yourself - is there somewhere I can get one built for a reasonable price?! (UK)

EDIT: Also interested in seeing the rear of the unit (and how everything is tucked away!)

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

Here's another case of "forumite" ingenuity prevailing.
    Well thought out and well done! :thumbup:

Happy Kemper

• Nice!

...this is also what I will be aiming for... I see you put it together yourself - is there somewhere I can get one built for a reasonable price?! (UK)

EDIT: Also interested in seeing the rear of the unit (and how everything is tucked away!)

Here's another case of "forumite" ingenuity prevailing.
    Well thought out and well done! :thumbup:

Thanks... I had stuff in a 6 space rack but thought the power strip and empty space were overkill and yucky... so downsized to the shallow 4U rack now its more manageable.

I'll snap a pic of the rear when I pack up for rehearsal later today.(A few cables need to get shortened still... usb/cat5 so don't expect it to be too neat in there.)

• How did you go about making it yourself ? Neutrik connectors and a 1U blank panel or something...??

I have a shallow 6U that I was going to put the KPA (3U) + PDU (1U) + Wireless (1U) + connection management panel (1U) in but the Line6 wireless is quite small so would save the need for 1U and seeing this it does look extremely manageable! You say that's a shallow 4U - does everything fit in comfortably (cable connections) and the lid go on with ease ?

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Thats the exact same thing i did too :)

Got rid of a 6U standard depth rack and replaced it with the 4U shallow one.

Only "problem" is that the remote won't fit in it anymore. But much easier to carry around!

And a small thing: The treads where the supplied screws should fit were a total mess... I had to cut them again before a screw would go in. Very disappointing, especially for that price.

Did you have the same problem?

• I bought a NEW, PROEL (supposedly decent make...) SHALLOW 6U (for the rig detailed in my signature -- below...) and it was a bit of a mess too! The 'eyes' of the rack weren't all in-line so I had to try several different locations for gear and moreover it looked like it had received a bash as one of the lids doesn't 'sit' over the lip correctly!

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Yep blank panel. A chassis punch, drill and a bunch of Neutrik D panel connectors. And yes no sweat with the cable connections.

Here's the back side you can see my little power strip, g50 wireless and direct box tucked in there.
    [Blocked Image: http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr249/renegade900/Stuff/AC8B6A2C-C97C-4717-AA88-48C3C0CC0D04_zps5dhpxjvk.jpg]

That's a shallow rack?! What is the measurement of the DEPTH?!

...My shallow rack looks like it will just about fit the KPA rack in!!! - definitely won't have that kind of prime gear real estate space behind it! Ha

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• And a small thing: The treads where the supplied screws should fit were a total mess... I had to cut them again before a screw would go in. Very disappointing, especially for that price.
    Did you have the same problem?

Nope everything was made very well fit and finish wise with my rack.

That's a shallow rack?! What is the measurement of the DEPTH?!

...My shallow rack looks like it will just about fit the KPA rack in!!! - definitely won't have that kind of prime gear real estate space behind it! Ha

It's the new SKB Shallow Roto Rack. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1SKBR4S (10.7" deep front rail to back rail.)...

• I bought a NEW, PROEL (supposedly decent make...) SHALLOW 6U (for the rig detailed in my signature -- below...) and it was a bit of a mess too! The 'eyes' of the rack weren't all in-line so I had to try several different locations for gear and moreover it looked like it had received a bash as one of the lids doesn't 'sit' over the lip correctly!

Thats the main reason i decided to take the SKB. I heard some things in the past from other manufacturers and thought it would be the best to stick with SKB. My 6U X-Rack was perfect. Unfortunately it was too big to carry it around everyday thats why i wanted a shallow rack. The cheap rack i had prior the SKB 6U had the same problem. The holes in the mounting frame were everything but aligned. And it was hard to fit the parts inside.
    For a "premium"-manufacturer like SKB it´s really a shame that the screws won´t fit without some work from the customer.

Nope everything was made very well fit and finish wise with my rack.

Maybe there is a difference in quality for the US and EU market... as usual :thumbdown:

EDIT: After i had another look at your pictures you can clearly see the bare metal from the threads on your rack rails. Mine are all painted, thats why i had to cut the threads new.... unusual for SKB.

Another reason for the SKB in my eyes: It has the perfect depth for the KPA and a rack mounted wireless in the back without having to carry much "air" around.

The Gator Shallow series has another 6cm more depth. Too much for my taste...
    The Boschma 4U shallow was interesting too (28cm depth), but i didn´t like the back lid and the big handle on it. The price was cool (100,- less compared to the SKB shallow)

A custom made traditional wood rack would be the best solution, but the weight is a big downside for me.

Even after the little problem i had with the mounting, i am very happy with the Shallow 4U plastic thing. It´s relatively compact and lightweight. Perfect if you take your KPA out for a daily walk with your dog :D

• I'm looking for something with lids...so has to be a rack unit... And with the space for a wireless and PowerDistroUnit ideally (but whilst remaining SHALLOW and as small & light as possible - want to keep it as portable as possible...)

The one above (3DogNate's) looks pretty ideal, is it possible to get a side-on view with perhaps something in the background for size-reference?!

Also, are the cables hard-wired to the blank panel ? or is it kemper rear > leads to connectors > connectors to other connectors attached to blank panel (if you get what I mean...?!)

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack