Post your Kemper Rig Pictures Please

• Here's the new setup! All I need is here. Great sounds. What could still be improved is the guitar pickups, I'll investigate that in the future :)

Nice rig. I pimped up my les paul with an dimarzio super distortion on the bridge and an dimarzio air norton on the neck. Awesome fat sound on bridge position and creamy slash lead on neck position.

• Nice rig. I pimped up my les paul with an dimarzio super distortion on the bridge and an dimarzio air norton on the neck. Awesome fat sound on bridge position and creamy slash lead on neck position.

So, you made the change... Did you keep the bits? I'd only do that with a LP copy...

• Nice rig. I pimped up my les paul with an dimarzio super distortion on the bridge and an dimarzio air norton on the neck. Awesome fat sound on bridge position and creamy slash lead on neck position.

thanks for the advise, I have very little knowledge about pickups. I think I am going to think about where I'd like to go with my sound and open a thread for recommendations, probably not immediately tho
    cheers

• Why?

From one ISO guy to another, quality first ;) The new pickups passed my audit.

You are right, and audits do involve a lot of listening. I have just had some horror with a pickup on the guitar on the left which doesn't seem to want to move up and down and I'm now taking it the repair shop. The guitar also needs restringing and I'm not so good at doing that.
    That's why I got worried.

• So 4 gigs into my new Kemper set up.... playing with a 2013 GLP (but couldnt fit it in the shot).

Moog EP3 on wah duty (left)
    Yamaha FL7 (I think) on monitor volume (right)
    Yamaha DXR10 for monitoring

Love it.

Do you like your DXR10? Do you miss a cab?

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Ah, and get that sticker off the DXR 10 already. ;)

• Do you like your DXR10? Do you miss a cab?

Yes, I have to say I am really pleased with it. It exceded my expectations if I am honest. I have to say I did need to tweek the monitor output EQ just to make it a bit more pleasing to my ear (a bit more bass and and mids, brought the treble down a little) but no complaints at all.

• Yes, I have to say I am really pleased with it. It exceded my expectations if I am honest. I have to say I did need to tweek the monitor output EQ just to make it a bit more pleasing to my ear (a bit more bass and and mids, brought the treble down a little) but no complaints at all.

That's sweet. Would you say there is some "in the room" sound like you'd get from a cab? I know it's not a cab and it is supposed to sound like a mic'd cab through a PA. You know what I mean. I just wanna know if you miss a cab in any way. How's bass response?

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• That's sweet. Would you say there is some "in the room" sound like you'd get from a cab? I know it's not a cab and it is supposed to sound like a mic'd cab through a PA. You know what I mean. I just wanna know if you miss a cab in any way. How's bass response?

Bass response? Great for me in my experience

do I miss my cab? Nope. Not in the slightest, I get the best amps, the best sounds at my finger tips and the small and light package that is Kemper is the icing on the cake.

in the room feel? Read lots about this when I was deciding on buying a Kemper and was the one thing I was nervous about the most. I discovered it was a load of rubbish. my monitor is less than a metre away from me, pointing at my face smashing out clean pricetons, to jcm800's and everything in between. I'm not joking when at the last 4 gigs, the following has gone through my head

1). Man this sound epic
    2) I'm glad what I am hearing the people watching are hearing (I go out stereo to the PA)
    3) I can actually hear everything I am playing at a sensible volume (not having 100watta slamming into your back is bliss)

So far, I have not missed my amp / amp sound / pedals at all, only thing which was weird was having my "amp" in front rather than behind.

Hope that helps

Mat

• Yep, that helps. I'm planning on buying a new 2x12" cab later this year. And before doing so I'll give the DXR10 a try and decide afterwards. Or I'll buy both. Just kidding. Well ... Maybe.

Thx, mate!

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• First Gig with the new Kemper at Church yesterday.

Footswitch will be here tomorrow then I will take a full family shot!

[Blocked Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Slaytallica/666D7184-76AF-4049-A5C8-649B9A833B66_zpsc97ntayk.jpg]

Can you tell me what brand/model that stand is? I have the exact same setup as you have pictured and I'm trying to find a small stand that does exactly as you have yours set up, without worrying about it tipping over due to the weight of the Monster unit.

Thanks!

• Went on a trip to a cabin with my band this weekend. Recorded some guitars and bass for our preprod. For the bass we used a clean Ampeg amp with a 8/10 cab, using the Darkglass b3k in front. Sounded massive.
    For guitars we used the Aborted ultimate amp pack 5150 - miced with fredman technique through a mesa rectifier cab. That profile is killer.

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/KoGERCA.jpg]

Today I picked up a Yamaha DXR10. Been using the Kemper with headphones since I bought it half a year ago, it is great to finally have a speaker at home. Great sound so far. Can't wait to try it out at rehearsal, and live eventually.

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/iIVATCo.jpg]

• Can you tell me what brand/model that stand is? I have the exact same setup as you have pictured and I'm trying to find a small stand that does exactly as you have yours set up, without worrying about it tipping over due to the weight of the Monster unit.

Thanks!

It looks like an OnStage amp stand. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out the model by going to their site or any of their dealer sites.

HTH