Post your Kemper Rig Pictures Please

• Great soloing Vinny Burns , very tasteful. Great power in the band and good show :thumbup:8)

Is that a Custom Audio amp there behind you? I really like MBritt's profiless of the CA100 in the 2020 pack. Cool thing.

Thank you. Really appreciate it. ?

Yes, that was an OD100 but it belonged to the guitarist from our opening band in Madrid. He actually used my system instead though after hearing our sound check. I always offer the opening guitarist that option as it makes things much simpler for us.

I was using AX8’s at that time. On these kind of fly gigs, the rest of our band mostly use the opening bands gear and we take our own wireless for our singer Darren and hire the keyboard rig too. I just use my own pedalboards straight to PA and monitors.

Bigger gigs and festivals, the rest of the band hire exactly what they need. The tour after this in Spain, the rest of the band hired the whole backline. Obviously, our bass player and drummer much prefer that. ?

We fly to nearly all gigs so travel as light as possible. I take two pedalboards (identical setups as one is the backup) and two guitars. All flightcased and they just go in the hold.

In my studio, I have a Custom Audio 3+SE preamp into a Mesa 295 power amp. Have been profiling that for my Kemper. The 3+SE is my favourite amp ever. ?

• The 3+SE is my favourite amp ever.

Can imagine. Thanks for all the details Vinny. Quite interesting.

Think we guitar players are mostly having a hard time if there is a limitation to bring own equipment and you just need to take what they have or what other bands bring. Never liked that and love the lean setup with my Kemper which makes me rather independent. Poor Drummers who have to accept more often what is there...

• Can imagine. Thanks for all the details Vinny. Quite interesting.

Think we guitar players are mostly having a hard time if there is a limitation to bring own equipment and you just need to take what they have or what other bands bring. Never liked that and love the lean setup with my Kemper which makes me rather independent. Poor Drummers who have to accept more often what is there...

Yes, that is exactly it. It’s just so brilliant to be able to plug in and be up and running in seconds with the exact same sounds every night.

I did try the small pedalboard with a Nova System and Morpheus Droptune for the send and return of rented amps but the amps would rarely ever be what you had specced and all the settings would then be screwed.
    I then used the ‘other guys’ stuff for ages too but always wanted the Kemper. Was waiting for the all in one to be released. As soon as it was, I had a Kemper Stage on the first day of release. Then, once happy with it, I bought the backup Stage unit. Started to gig with them last Sept.

Just before lockdown, I bought the Toaster and remote too for my studio. Happy with everything (except mono delay is not long enough for something I need in one song ?)

The transpose on the Kemper is just so much better than what I was using too.

• I went the same route! I absolutely loved my Toaster but I´m a lazy dog and got sick of the cabeling: Power to Kemper, connecting the Remote, connecting to the PA, wiring up my IEM, .... blabla ...

Now, I just throw my board to the floor and I´m set.

Since, I´ve had the space, I added some of my old unused goodies. They are not nescessary at all, but it´s a joy to toy around.

btw: I run the PA signal back to the FX-Return1 and mix it via Aux to the Monitor out. The FX-Loop2 feeds the external Loop and the Send1 can be set to fire up a 2x12 or a FRFR Monitor.

The possibilities of a Kemper are just f...reaking amazing!

• Proudly presenting board version number seventy thousand million! I think I'm finally done! Well, we'll see, but I have definitely reached a pinnacle setup. All the tone shaping I ever wanted, and the KPA has never sound better than it does now connected to FM3, bypassing KPA's onboard reverb and delay. Reverb makes all the difference to my ears (and may playing). My ONLY frustration over the years (5 years to be exact) with the Kemper is that the reverbs just don't sound right. Yesterday I turned a reverb block back on just to see if I was crazy, and I'm not. The delays are OK, but the reverb sounds actually degrade the very high quality, reference amp integrity, and feel the amp section produces, in my opinion. My advice - free up your Kemper by relieving it of its reverb responsibility and run something stand alone. It could be anything. Also, in my opinion, and after extensive tweaking and testing, the best results do not come from using the stereo effects return but from the main out. I can never match the levels precisely in the effects loop, and the overall feel changes negatively (kinda stiffens up like a harsh buffer or something). All of this my opinion, your mileage may vary of course, but I would encourage anyone to try out my approach and let us know what you find out!

I've never loved my Kemper more than I do now. Quad Cortex??? Please! You can't beat the Kemper! Its just to damn good, too addictive, too versatile, and my experience with it keeps getting better and making me happier and happier. And believe me, I've been down every rabbit trail know to guitarists, and even sold and repurchased multiple Kempers along the way. The Kemper always wins and by a large margin. ckemper is a pure genious. He built the greatest device in the history of guitar amplifiers, after the amplifier itself, of course. He runs his company with great integrity by building products that truly last, and he updates it for free too! :)

Here's how I set it up:

Signal Chain:

Guitar --> Origin Effects Cali76 --> Fromel Shape EQ --> Earthquaker Palisades --> Seafoam Lowtide --> Jetter Red2 --> ChaseBliss Brothers --> EP Booster --> Profiler Stage

EH Pog2 in a mono effects loop before the "stack"

Main Out Left/Right --> Axe FX FM3 (runs all my reverbs and delays) --> XLR Output --> Apollo Twin --> Yamaha HS8's

The Kemper switches presets on the FM3, and I also use the FM3 buttons to switch scenes. I run one or two expression pedals off the FM3 including volume (I like it post amp, pre effects).

Under the board: I made a three way IEC plug that feeds the KPA, the FM3, and Cioks power supply to feed my pedals so I only need one power cord to the board (its Rockboard with patch bay)

• Interesting and sick! I am especially surprised about all the pre stuff. How do you use the EQ and what are your experiences? How does the pre boost behave, especially in comparison to the internal boosts of the Kemper?

As for the fm3... wow, I don't think there are many human beings who use it only for Revebs and delays :D.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Interesting and sick! I am especially surprised about all the pre stuff. How do you use the EQ and what are your experiences? How does the pre boost behave, especially in comparison to the internal boosts of the Kemper?

As for the fm3... wow, I don't think there are many human beings who use it only for Revebs and delays :D.

Thanks! Its actually a bit more versatile than I originally described. I have a couple of amps that I run through a reactive load into the FM3 when I want that sound, although I'm always left feeling like I should just sell the amps because the Kemper sounds the same (or better)! The FM3 can run stereo IRs which sound incredible and also eq, compression, chorus, trem, etc., and I also use it for acoustic guitar.

The main advantage of the Fromel EQ, aside from its simplicity and perfect frequency selection is that it has a super high quality buffer. Hence I can run a bunch of extra cabling through pedals and not experience any appreciable tone loss, or loss of feel. I don't fault the Kemper's EQs or boosts at all. They sound fantastic and on some profiles I do use the parametric EQ after the stack for a bit of volume boost and tone shaping (especially the 'cut the mix' preset). I think the Kemper takes external boosts and drives just like an amp as long as you understand how the amp as profiled would naturally respond to boosts and drives...which is perfect for me because my drives and boosts each do something special.

I recently swapped out the POG for a Jackson Broken Arrow drive. I have found that the Kemper's pitch shifter is actually very, very good and mostly does what I want from the POG.

My biggest learning from years of experimentation as mentioned in my original posts is that the Kemper's reverbs don't work for me. For lack of a better way of putting it, its almost like they "smoosh" the amp profile and degrade the original tone and feel of the amp capture. And also the stereo and mono loops similarly mess with the feel too much adding a kind of unnatural digital stiffness. All my perception of course, others may disagree, but this is what I've found. My results with the Kemper are so incredibly satisfying set up this way that I would recommend anyone to give it a shot, e.g., put your time based effects and modulations all post-Kemper and see if you don't love it even more!

And I would add, it's actually not so crazy to have something like the FM3 dedicated to effects. I mean, if you own a Timeline and a Big Sky you're basically into the cost of the FM3 anyway, but the FM3 does WAY more, and it also probably sounds just as good, or better...

Edited once, last by AaronJ16 ().

• Just got a matching cab. Still looking for profiles that really kick.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM