Midi listening

• About 15 years ago now, I bought my first multieffect unit, the Digitech 2120. It was awesome at the time :) it came with this proprietary footboard, and integration between the two was splendid.
    The best part of it was that to assign a function to a switch, you pushed the button "Assign", the unit would start listening, you pushed the switch you desired for that function and bam - done :)
    Now, I think the KPA should allow that too! Some button could be held for a second or so, and then it would start listening for the next midi event, which would be assigned to to the function you want to control.
    What do you guys think?

• Even my Boss GT8 had a similar feature. But this is just an easier way to do things. With CC messages and the additional NRPN control options, you should be able to control various facets of the Kemper by pressing a button in the same way. The only thing is it won't "listen" for a command to assign to a foot pedal; you'll have to programme yourself.

A bit more effort involved, certainly, but such a feature wouldn't really add anything to the Kemper amplifier.

• Even my Boss GT8 had a similar feature. But this is just an easier way to do things. With CC messages and the additional NRPN control options, you should be able to control various facets of the Kemper by pressing a button in the same way. The only thing is it won't "listen" for a command to assign to a foot pedal; you'll have to programme yourself.

A bit more effort involved, certainly, but such a feature wouldn't really add anything to the Kemper amplifier.

How would it not? To use a coding parallel, sure one can write programs in assembly, but you gotta admit that we're much more proficient with high-level languages!
    I find really a world between finding out CC numbers on a manual, then scrolling up and down with a pedalboard footswitch to select them, and pressing on button on the kemper and one switch on the pedalboard.

• How would it not? To use a coding parallel, sure one can write programs in assembly, but you gotta admit that we're much more proficient with high-level languages!
    I find really a world between finding out CC numbers on a manual, then scrolling up and down with a pedalboard footswitch to select them, and pressing on button on the kemper and one switch on the pedalboard.

It is a bit more effort, certainly, but it's not like a learn function is not something that could be replicated manually. I have something similar on Superior Drummer, which I can use to link various pads to various drum pieces on the VST. It is definitely handy, but if it was not there, I could always map each pad to a specific midi note on Superior for the same impact.