Kemper Power Cable Test (192kHz Wav)

• I agree 100% with you that this should be tested more thoroughly. This was just a 5 minute test that I put together. Unfortunately I don't have a DI box so I could try what you described.

You do not need any. Use the Direct out from the Profiler :)

In any case I'm happy with the upgrade and that's what's matters in the end, doesn't it? :)

Not really, since you started a thread to advise about a cable which makes a difference, so you've make it bigger than just your satisfaction :)

Also, if I was happy for something I'd really wanted to know whether I'm making things up or not, specially if it took me only 5'. YMMV, of course :thumbup:

• If you believe it sounds better, it will !! but the reality well is a totally different thing. Listened to your clips, they do sound different, cuz they are 2 different takes .

your test is totally invalid. use the same take, reamp and then we can put this to rest. Can't help to wondering why I'm even bothering with this ... anyway

Enjoy your AC cable is all I can say ....

You do not need any. Use the Direct out from the Profiler :)

Not really, since you started a thread to advise about a cable which makes a difference, so you've make it bigger than just your satisfaction :)

Also, if I was happy for something I'd really wanted to know whether I'm making things up or not, specially if it took me only 5'. YMMV, of course :thumbup:

Well, that gets to show you that I'm still learning the unit. I didn't realize that you could record a DI-signal with the Profiler. I'm buying a Radial ProRMP in a couple of weeks and I'll do the test again. :) Properly this time. ;)

• Would be interesting to hear CK's opinion about this. ;)

I always used standard power cables and never had a bad sound.... I also use Vovox-instrument-cables, but actually they are too expensive. There are some other great cables available like Fatsoflex, Monster, Mogami ect., for live-shows Sommer cable or Cordial could be the right choice, too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• It's a fucking digital device for God's sake. No power cable will make any difference other than crashing the DSP in case it's broken. All audio is processed by a DSP who runs a set of algorithms which are the same regardless of the power-cord. As long as the DSP gets stable current inside the range it is supposed to work, it doesn't matter if the current gets there by a VoVox cable or a $ 1,50 radio shack (or Conrad as we say in Germany) strip.

VoVox makes a lot of money from psychoacoustic effects. I remember they once had a MIDI-cable for 100 bucks and claiming it would help the performance. A company that does what they do either is completely unaware how those things actually work or they are very aware and just fool their customers.

Anyway: It's a load of bullshit and VoVox are really the worst.

• Well, this is not the whole story, I guess.
    Since the upcoming of digital audio in the 80's the hi-fi connaisseur has been informed in an unsufficient way of how to optimize audio reproduction. Not much has been done since the invention of the belt drive for CD players by Burmester in Berlin.

How good is the audio playback from computers, when played back from the hard disk?
    Since hard disks became smaller and smaller and the data got denser, the audio quality has really suffered. A bit does not get too much space these days.

Therefore I run an old 5 1/4' Western Digital harddisk with a 100 Mb only, for audiophile playback. Sounds incredible! Modern hard disks? No definition at all! SSD or USB stick? Cold as ice! It is an incredible neglect that the audiophile scene has never got into finding the best sounding hard disk. Now the best ones are out of production :(

And yes, I run my Profiler by a hi-fi power cable.
    And I even use a second one for my PC!
    Sounds amazingly deep and defined.

• It is an incredible neglect that the audiophile scene has never got into finding the best sounding hard disk. Now the best ones are out of production :(

That line gave it away, Chris ;)

You don't read satire - uhm, Hifi-Magazines, don't you? A couple of years ago a german Hifi-Magazine indeed tested the sound of several harddisks and found audible differences descriped with the usual bullshit terms.

I used to read that stuff when those magazines were at least partly serious. But since digital took over these magazines are nothing but a huge joke.

• LMAO!!

• Mmmmm.

I do my best to avoid discussions about this kind of deal.

Let's see.... if my electricity is not good coming through the miles of wire from the power providing company, and is not good or truly perfect coming from the transformer into my home wiring, a few feet of special wire will "FIX" or "enhance" the subsequent audio quality?... Sorry... not buying what's being suggested.

Making sure the power cables meet standards for the type of use is important. Proper wire gauge for the intended length matters, yes, very good idea.

However, spending hard earned money for "dinosaur repellant" is off my list.

Edited 5 times, last by 1fastdog: Spelling correction ().

• MUAHAHAHAAA!!! :thumbup:

• You don't read satire - uhm, Hifi-Magazines, don't you?
    I used to read that stuff when those magazines were at least partly serious. But since digital took over these magazines are nothing but a huge joke.

Luckily, not all of them!
    My main criterion to evaluate a magazine is based on two parameters:

• the number of original measurement tests they establish in the years to respond to technology's enhancements;
    • the concordance between listening tests and measurements.

To state that Hi-Fi magazines are crap equals to say that a Hi-Fi system is by definition a boom-boom machine.

:D

• I still prefer sound from a vintage floppy disk.
    It has more of an analog vibe. The only problem is I have to split the song every 35 seconds as it doesn't fit on one disk !!!

Can't wait until someone makes a SUPER floppy that can hold 10mb. At least I could put 1 full 320kbps mp3 song on every disk . Almost like an old 45 :rolleyes:

• To get back to the AC din cable,

I made all my house internal wiring longer to bypass AC electric boxes and I soldered the AC 120V straight to my Kemper not needing any AC din cable !

It sounds awesome !!!

• I still prefer sound from a vintage floppy disk.
    It has more of an analog vibe. The only problem is I have to split the song every 35 seconds as it doesn't fit on one disk !!!

Can't wait until someone makes a SUPER floppy that can hold 10mb. At least I could put 1 full 320kbps mp3 song on every disk . Almost like an old 45 :rolleyes:

Iomega zip drive. .. You probably get some on ebay : floppy disk up to 750mb. ... Backuping my profiles on these babies make them sounding more like a real amp with a better amp in the room effect

• Anyway: It's a load of bullshit and VoVox are really the worst.

Nevertheless there's a big difference between a cheap instrument-cable and good one. Vovox is good, but too expensive and there are many good cables around.

P.S.: I use a special power cord for my KPA, sounds terrifying awesome.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Edited 2 times, last by guenterhaas ().

• Instrument cable , definitely. how cheap are we talking ? But even there , don't need to pay $250 for a 15 foot one. A canare GS6 is a good start and go up from there.
    I make all mine so for sure I cut costs. I like Mogami with Neutrik plugs ! Made a bunch and haven't looked back . although in studio I still have my spring coil one I pull out once in a while ;)

The length of the cable makes a big difference and a big determining factor.