Need help - How to record quality guitar cover videos with Kemper and Imac or ipad, iphone?

• Hi everyone,

I'm looking to make some guitar cover videos but I need some advice on how to go about doing it with my Kemper? I have an imac, iphone 5 and ipad so those would probably be the method of recording. Is there a way I can record the video and audio on my computer with my kemper through my daw and edit the video somehow to give it a clear huge sound? I tried recording some videos with my phone but the sound is distant and not in your face if you know what I mean. I watch videos on youtube and the sound is so upfront, I really want to know how I can do that so I can achieve quality video covers. Also I see some people do split screens when they bust out a solo or differnt instrument. How is that achieved as well?

Thanks for any tips, techniques and advice. I really appreciate it.

• I don't think you'll get professional results recording with a phone or a tablet. The speaker is likely to distort when you raise the volume enough to be audible. You could get one of those iRig or similar devices that would let you connect a 1/4" output to your phone and record, but I'd recommend investing in a recording interface instead.

Most of those guys with split screen videos record the sound separately through an interface and do the video using multiple cameras and then use a software to splice it all together.

• Probably the easiest way would be to record a video in whatever way while you record the audio into your computer, and then to edit the video with a freeware and swap the audio tracks alligning the new one "by eye".

• Thanks for the tips all. I do have a Focusrite interface that my Kemper is hooked into and I use StudioOne2 daw. viabroces suggestion is what I think I want to do. Basically I think I need to record the video with either my Imac or tablet and record the audio in my Daw and somehow strip the audio from the video and replace it with the audio I recorded in my daw. Any suggestion on mac software to swap the audio tracks?