RM V1.2.3 has just stopped working

• Hi,

My Windows RM has just stopped to work. If I connect/disconnect my KPA, I can see it appear/disapear in RM but it shows '0' rigs. I can transfer 1 rig from RM to the KPA, after that, the nexts rigs are not transfered anymore. No error message. It just do not work anymore (and yes, i already restared Windows And KPA, and i tried another USB ports)

Windows 7 64-bit
    KPA 2.6.0 Beta
    RM 1.2.3 64-bit

• Where is support? this happened to me today as well. Running 64bit windows 8.1

0 rigs in my profiler and no access to exhange. I can test access to exchange and it says ok.

I did a reinstall of Rig manager from 1.0 to the latest version and now I have access to the exchange but my Profiler isn't there still.

Edited once, last by oozish ().

• Add me to the list. Windows 7, 64-bit, and not the most recently released version of Rig Manager; I'm using the previous version.

Everything worked fine last night, but now in Rig Manager:

• "My Profiler" shows 0 rigs (I can access them from the KPA directly, though)
    • Other folders, including Rig Exchange and folders I created, show the proper number of rigs, but when I double click to load a rig nothing happens.
    • Not able to drag rigs from one folder to another
    • The little folder icons are grey instead of yellow
  • I don't know how to contact support for the Rig Manager, if anyone figures this out please post a follow up here; without the Rig Manager the utility of the Profiler is severely handicapped!

• apologies for the inconvenience caused, everybody. we are having issues with our website, that's why it is under maintenance. due to a side effect, rig manager closes shortly after you launched it. here's workaround: disconnect from the internet and Rig Manager will start working again. i know, i's not ideal but things should be back to normal pretty soon.
    thanks, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• apologies for the inconvenience caused, everybody. we are having issues with our website, that's why it is under maintenance. due to a side effect, rig manager closes shortly after you launched it. here's workaround: disconnect from the internet and Rig Manager will start working again. i know, i's not ideal but things should be back to normal pretty soon.
    thanks, gs

Worked for me too, thanks.

Just for the heck of it I clicked on a random rig in the Rig Exchange after I disconnected from the internet and like the rigs in my various other folders, it worked!

• Web site issues shouldn't lead to unablitity to use rig manager.

I thought the same. My assumption was that Rig Manager was web-reliant only if you wanted Rig Exchange; I figured it was totally independent of the web otherwise. Would be interesting to know how all this works.

• Web site issues shouldn't lead to unablitity to use rig manager.

It is really annoying to do not have access to our library when the rig exchange is broken

we will fix this issue with an upcoming release. ten month ago, there was no rig manager. the rig manager team takes your comment as a compliment :)
    gs

• They have to !! ;)

Just switch back the the "usb key" is just horrible ! So, good job to the team (BTW ... letting some bugs in RM to break it time to time is a good way to make people realize how the RM is important !!)

Just another remark, when the RE is down, it is also impossible to add rigs in RM (the adding task loops without ending)

• This worked for me ;

' please delete a hidden file called ".RigExchange.db" which is located within

the folder, you've sent us. Once done, Rig Manager should launch successfully

again and start to re-build the file.'

• This worked for me ;
    ' please delete a hidden file called ".RigExchange.db" which is located within
    the folder, you've sent us. Once done, Rig Manager should launch successfully
    again and start to re-build the file.'

this won't help in the case discussed in there.
    gs

• BTW, it would be interresting to stick the info that when the rig exchange is temporary down, it will lead to Rig manager 'strange behaviours' :
    - unable to import profiles
    - RM reports that the connected KPA has 0 rigs
    - unable to upload Rigs to KPA for preview

When it happens, i changed USB cables, downgraded the KPA to the previous version, uninstall RM, to finally resinstall the same version of RM and going back to the lastest firmware, and all has worked (i just didn't make the link that the RE was just simply up)