Solo booster

• How about adding a "Solo boost" setting on the Main output screen? Maybe you could set a value to add to the current Main output level and have this assignable to a controller.

I know I could use a volume pedal, but I'd prefer a switch for a simple boost. I currently use a locked clean boost effect, but it would be great to not lose one of the effect slots for something so basic. And a boost is likely generic enough to be a global setting - not a per rig setting.

So for example, maybe you could set the boost for +3 (or any value) over the current master volume, then toggle it on/off with one of the assignable footswitches or maybe with one of the effect on/offs or in place of TAP (since it looks like Tap will be one of the switches on the KFC and it's probably too late to add a stand alone Boost switch).

What do you think?

• You can do this today if you have a controller that can send NRPN midi messages. So you need to be able to send multiple midi CC commands at the same time to address this.

But would agree that a simple solution inside the KPA itself would be ideal.

Do you have a controller you are using today?

Sean

• You can indeed do this today - just plug a switch such as a Roland FS-1 in the jack on the back, assign it in system menu to say, effects slot X - into which I happen to put a Pure Booster into nearly every preset. Better yet - get the Mission Engineering Kemper pedal (mine arrived today) and assign the toe function to whichever slot you put your booster. It works great and frees up your FCB slot for something else.

I think Kemper could do this simpler of course, like you do, and put a "Boost" button on their proposed KFC. I much prefer that to a tap tempo or looper button, but that's just me.

Gary ô¿ô

• +1 I hate losing a slot post amp, there's only 2 for effects and one goes to a booster on all my presets. I use a Roland FC-300 and an FCB1010 neither of which can send NRPN messages that I know of.

• IIRC there's also Midi control over the volume of Monitor Out. I read about it some time ago, but can't remember exactly. It came with a new FW.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Confused.....if I'm using the fcb and uno4kemper can I hook up a footpedal assigned as a clean boost as well...or to control any other parameter?

Yes you can. Plug into switch jack in the back of the KPA. Under system go to page showing Pedal 1 & Pedal 2. Hit soft button "init 2." Turn the dial below it to change what functions this switch now controls. I put my clean boost in Fx slot X, after the stacks. When I hit this switch (or the toe position of the ME EP1 for Kemper if you have one), it activates that Fx slot. You could use a pedal instead of a switch, heel and toe turn then slot on and off. Works fine.

Gary ô¿ô

• Yes you can. Plug into switch jack in the back of the KPA. Under system go to page showing Pedal 1 & Pedal 2. Hit soft button "init 2." Turn the dial below it to change what functions this switch now controls. I put my clean boost in Fx slot X, after the stacks. When I hit this switch (or the toe position of the ME EP1 for Kemper if you have one), it activates that Fx slot. You could use a pedal instead of a switch, heel and toe turn then slot on and off. Works fine.

Brilliant news - I'd read something somewhere else that had led me to believe that once the uno4kemper was in play, that was your lot.

Do pedals 1 and 2 expect latching footswitches for simple on/off or do they accept volume/expression pedals?

If the latter, there isn't any chance that the delay mix could be controlled via an expression pedal is there?

Currently, my delay is always off, other than for my lead patch but is assigned to switch 9 on the Kemper so that I can turn on/off if need be.

If I could vary the mix between a min / max value on an expression pedal then I could do away with the on/off using the FCB....

Thanks for the advice!

Cheers,
    Andy

• I have expression pedal in 1, switch in 2. You can totally choose what you want your EP to control, like delay mix. You can use 2 EPs and no latching at all, it's up to you.

Enjoy!
    Gary

Gary ô¿ô

• Lead boost is the most overlooked feature ever. That goes for every manufacturer of every amp / modeler / footswitch made, with the exception of some of the mesa amps. Every amp/footswitch should have a boost (solo) switch and every channel on any amp/preamp/modeler/profiler should have a boost volume value.

By the way, I know there are ways around it, but you shouldn't have to jump through such hoops to use a feature that almost every guitarist uses.

• Lead boost is the most overlooked feature ever. That goes for every manufacturer of every amp / modeler / footswitch made, with the exception of some of the mesa amps. Every amp/footswitch should have a boost (solo) switch and every channel on any amp/preamp/modeler/profiler should have a boost volume value.

By the way, I know there are ways around it, but you shouldn't have to jump through such hoops to use a feature that almost every guitarist uses.

^ ^
    THIS !

• [quote='Khaki_Lackey','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/16460-Solo-booster/?postID=170952&#post170952']Lead boost is the most overlooked feature ever. That goes for every manufacturer of every amp / modeler / footswitch made, with the exception of some of the mesa amps. Every amp/footswitch should have a boost (solo) switch and every channel on any amp/preamp/modeler/profiler should have a boost volume value.
    quote]

..and Engl...which is why I bought mine.

• My guitar volume knob is my solo boost - but, the main volume increase heard by the audience is done by the FOH sound technician.

If I was controlling my own post-amp solo volume changes, I would use something like this EH box (assuming it accepts a line level input).

[Blocked Image: http://static.musiciansfriend.com/derivates/6/001/272/858/DV019_Jpg_Regular_501647_V.jpg]

• Wow that's hotter than expected Ingolf! I'm only on my 3rd live gig with it tonight, have them set at 2.5... I'll have to see how that goes in sound check. May not a quick adjustment. It's so hard to tell at home without the band and all...

Gary ô¿ô