Profiler through amp - i take it back. Advice?

• We did a live session today and recorded some tracks - i went direct, but for monitoring purposes i reluctantly plugged into the line input of a Marshall 6100 30th anniversary, which should be the same as a JVM with 5881 tubes. That was plugged into some Marshall 4x12 and the cab section was on in the Profiler, and not off as it should have been.

I've been bad-mouthing the Profiler's ability through a tube PA ever since i got it. My experience with it through a Laney Lionheart combo, a Hayden Pacemaker and my Carvin X100B have all been dreadful - through the effects loop or the input, cab section on or off, nothing worked.
    It was always overbearing in the lows, highs were either shrill or fizzy, mids were inconsistent between profiles...
    This, however, was pure magic.

Maybe it's the JVM's power section. Maybe it's the cab. It was surprisingly flat - some low-mid boost and some high-end attenuation, but very close to what i'm used to hearing from each profile and very amp-like.
    I read the manual and if i'm not mistaken, the line input simply goes straight to the PA. No compensation of any sort.
    Is the JVM's PA simply that flat? Turning the cab section off would have sounded like i was turning it off through FRFR.

Anyway, if i had a hat, i'd eat it.
    Now i want a flat PA and cab ?(

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."