Rig Manager allows Definition of Performance Mode

• I find the definition of Performance Mode mapping of Rigs to be a little confusing and I'm never quite sure when I'm making changes that will be stored in a performance when when I'm not.

It would be fantastic if the Rig Manager could be used to drag/drop rigs to Performances, name and order performances. And lastly that performances could be "no save" - allow real time changes but not have those chances stored.

This would make my use of performances so much easier and more intuitive.

• I find the definition of Performance Mode mapping of Rigs to be a little confusing and I'm never quite sure when I'm making changes that will be stored in a performance when when I'm not.

It would be fantastic if the Rig Manager could be used to drag/drop rigs to Performances, name and order performances. And lastly that performances could be "no save" - allow real time changes but not have those chances stored.

This would make my use of performances so much easier and more intuitive.

+1

• +1

I can't understand why it's taken this discussion so long to kick off. After waiting for the OSX RM and expecting the Windows users to do the beta testing it was a big disappointment to find this feature wasn't included.

• After waiting for the OSX RM and expecting the Windows users to do the beta testing it was a big disappointment to find this feature wasn't included.

A consistent and well thought-out design and development requires time and people.
    Kemper are a small company. The way I see it is that they have wanted to make a great tool available as a start. There's always time for adding functionalities (and this would perfectly fit CK's style :D).
    I personally prefer by a long shot to have the tool available now as it is rather than having to wait one year more to have a more complete version of it.

:)

• I feel you, and this is exactly my point! A tighter set of features has allowed them to publish the app in advance!
    Now, while we use it, they can go on working on other features.
    A more complete set of features would have meant to wait for the whole big app to be released.

If you think of it, it's the same route they're following with the machine itself :)

• +1

A performance-editor could be a decent first step in extending the rig-manager to a full "profiler-manager" with full-featured editor. I'm concerned about the reliability of some of the most used knobs on the front panel for the long-term. There would be a lot less wear on the hardware if I could do all the tinkering at home from a computer or tablet.

• For tone shaping I would always use the dials in the front of the unit instead of a mouse. Companies come up with hardware front ends for DAWs, because people prefer knobs and sliders over moving virtual bars with a mouse.

Still an editor would make sense and be of great help in certain areas (programming performances, setting up effects, loading presets into a slot).

I think of it more as a programming tool that makes good use of the monitors screen size and not so much as a 1:1 kpa front end on a pc.

But who knows what is going to happen anyway. If the unit remained as it is right know, it would still be a great piece of technology and well worth the money spent.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• +100...

An editor is better for setting up the basics such as naming, midi mapping, organising etc.

The current Rig Manager is great and verty simple to use for auditioning rigs, it is a pain to then have to set up on the Kemper using the dials. It's far better than other products though, I hasten to add.

I do agree I'd rather small incremental changes than wait for a big release...as a manager of software development, it makes sense :)

• Still an editor would make sense and be of great help in certain areas (programming performances, setting up effects, loading presets into a slot).

There would be other cases as well: in studio, when your computer is (has to be) far from the unit or it is rack-mounted on the ground or on a wall behind a big desk.

I'd not mind turning knobs, but having to press a button 25 times because there's no repeat facility rather looks like a flaw in the overall design if you ask me :)