Another speaker option: Dynacord AXM 12A - thoughts?

• I continue on my search for the ideal speaker setup.

On my travels I noticed this

Dynacord AXM 12A

It has a co-axial 12 inch speaker and can operate as a wedge or standing up. Looks to me like they tried to copy the CLR.

It got a very good review here.

Costs about £750 in the UK.

Thomann link here

Here are some basic specs:

Dynacord AXM 12A, Active 12 "Coaxial Monitor, 520 watts maximum output, 260 watts + 75 watts RMS (Woofer and thomann Horn), dispersion 90 °, Max SPL 128dB, 2x XLR / TRS mic / line (Switchable +15 V Phantom Power ) 1x RCA input, 1 x XLR Thru output, 1x XLR mix output, frequency response 50 Hz - 20 kHz, feedback filter,Adjustable Internal delay up thomann to 100 meters, 5 fixed presets and 5 free user Presests, dimmable display, passive Cooling, dimensions 414 x 339 x 484mm, weight 14.9 kg

Thoughts or experiences anyone?

• Quite expensive (998 EUR)....there are a lot of FRFR-alternatives around, some of them are cheaper (Matrix Q12a, Camper 112CX), I don't know the current price of the CLR.

It would be interesting to hear the low end of the cab, the cab itself seems to be quite small.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Good point, but I didn't mention the features I would value.

- aux input
    - ability to run in stereo if you buy another one (without a mixer)
    - can be put down as a wedge or stood up like backline
    - small and light as possible

I was drawn to it because it is about the smallest cabinet you can get a 12 inch speaker in and it's coaxial.

There are also some very good reviews on the following pages:

http://www.musiker-board.de/th…xm-12a-monitorbox.586068/

http://www.meetmusic.com/nl/ar…asp?id=1873&subrubriek=12
    http://www.bonedo.de/artikel/e…ynacord-axm-12a-test.html

• I'm also interested in the Dynacord, so i'll just gonna bump this thread, instead of opening a new one.
    Does anyone have experience with this monitor?

Edited once, last by LH ().

• I am not sure what the advantages over a CLR would be...

1. better availability
    2. when all goes wrong better serviceability

I love my CLR's obviously, but for decades Dynacord has been one of Germany's best audio companies with a great reputation and a wide net of service centers everywhere.
    OTOH, as dedicated as Tom King is to supporting his products, he is pretty much a one man show and could never keep up when the CLR was sold in REAL quantities.

• I really like the features of this monitor and it is available in german music stores. So chances are, that i might compare it to the DXR 10 if a store has them both.
    IF the dynacord can keep up with the clr in terms of sound it would be a very good deal i think.

• Well, I use a Dynacord AXM 12A as a floor monitor: but not especially for the guitar sound, for an overall floor monitor with louder mic signals, keyboard sounds and everything. The Kemper sounds great through the monitor aswell!
    It is the best sounding monitor, that I used until now!
    I use a lot of that stuff... Yamaha, EV, fbt, RCF,active, passive wedges, but nothing sounded that big!
    It´s not the loudest monito on the planet, but the best sounding, comlete sounding, in my ears.

I am planning to get a second one just for the guitar sound to hear it individually (from the monitor output) - but didn´t decide it yet:
    perhaps it´s better to have a Camper 112CX behind me... because I am used to have a guitar boxy style thing behind me?!
    So I want to give it a try aswell.

So: give it a try, guys! It´s a very, very good product, indeed!

• No, the others (especially the fbt) were much louder,
    I usually play not very loud, but some players want to have much more power....

Normally I have the Dynacord just half the way up.

Best regards, Mario

• I replaced my Yamaha DXR10s with Dynacord AXM 12As not so long ago. I find the AXMs audio quality to be a step up from the DXR and close to the CLRs, but I have to admit that it is some time since I tried the CLR and haven't had an opportunity to A/B-test the two. The AXM is IMO a very good monitor, but rather expensive. There are more powerful monitors, but the AXM has so far been more than loud enough for me. I would like to replace all wedges in my PA-rig with AXMs if I could justify the expense.

• Why did you choose the dynacord over the clr?

Availability. There's quite a few shops carrying Dynacord, and even workshops able to service them. The CLR has only a couple outlets for all of Europe. I also think the AXM is a tad more versatile given the relatively powerful (for a monitor) DSP inside.

• I replaced my Yamaha DXR10s with Dynacord AXM 12As not so long ago. I find the AXMs audio quality to be a step up from the DXR and close to the CLRs, but I have to admit that it is some time since I tried the CLR and haven't had an opportunity to…

Hi,
    My first post on this forum. I've spend hours and hours reading about which frfr speaker would be the best choice.
    Almost ready to buy CLR's, since they are very much promoted on this forum and elsewhere (youtube). A bit too much in my honest opinion, looks like commercials.
    Nevertheless, they will be great I think. But... almost ordered one and noticed the price for a Neo version, included VAT is 1,5 x the price of the Dynacord AXM ! €1500 vs €1000.
    Also considered the RCF SMA10, which are about the same price as the Dynacord.
    Would be nice to compare the RCF vs the Dynacord. Has someone been doing this?

• Hi all. I am new to the Kemper world here in Australia. I was wondering if many users have gone down the path of the Dynacord AXM as I am looking at that option OR a Yamaha DXR10. All other options like Atomic, Friedman etc are nearly impossible to get in Australia. The Dynacord is a fair bit more expensive than the Yamaha but from all reviews I have read it would stack up nicely.

I've been researching for over a week...on this forum, YouTube, Axe FX forums and there doesn't seem to be a lot on the Dynacord...not like DXR10, Atomic, Matrix etc. I'm going crazy trying to make a decision, and I cant test any of them as the nearest dealer for all of these are about 15 hours away.

My preferences are;

1. Dynacord/Yamaha DXR10 (cant choose)
    2. Friedman looks good - impossible to get in Australia also
    3. Atomic CLR - impossible to get in Australia

Would love to know experiences with DXR10 v Dynacord so I can finalise my deliberations! Salesman is trying to tell me that you'd chose the Dynacord over the DXR10 for this purpose (solely for Kemper on stage Monitor) because of the clarity and sound.

Cheers.

• Would love to know experiences with DXR10 v Dynacord so I can finalise my deliberations! Salesman is trying to tell me that you'd chose the Dynacord over the DXR10 for this purpose (solely for Kemper on stage Monitor) because of the clarity and sound.

It depends a lot on what kind of venues you play. My experience from cramped stages with awful acoustic properties is that the advanced DSP in the AXM is very handy. The AXM is superior to the DRX in terms of dispersion, and I think it sounds better at low volumes for home practise. I would only choose the DRX over the AXM if I intended to have the speaker double as a PA-top, or if I could not afford the added cost. One could argue that the DXR is more powerful, but the AXM can put out a higher SPL than my ears can handle at normal monitoring distances so I don't need the extra power.