Another speaker option: Dynacord AXM 12A - thoughts?

• Check out Mesa Engineering's Gemeni II. 2 speakers that run in stereo as an FRFR or flip a switch to disengage the horn and run it like a guitar amp "in the room". Pretty cool. Also has a Bluetooth capability so you can wirelessly stream backing tracks from your phone through your amp while you play through the same amp at the same time. Lastly it has a USB connection so it can be seen by your DAW and used as monitors for a full mix. A very nice piece of gear.

• ...So, how do these Dynacord AXM 12A work at low volumes? And I am not only talking about sound quality or dispersion, but how easy to control are they? I am afraid that the volume knobs could be too sensitive for home usage, I don't want to jump from zero to super loud in a blink...

They're really good at low volumes. If I had them years ago, I could have spared the speakers for my hi-fi. Controls are easy, as soon as you've figured out how they work. You have a master Volume and gain for each channel. You als get dB's shown as you adjust the values, so there's no issue matching a pair, and you can adjust in 1-dB-Increments without a surgeon's hand.

But even these won't make your trousers flutter when they're at living room volume - some folks seem to expect that... :D

• Check out Mesa Engineering's Gemeni II. 2 speakers that run in stereo as an FRFR or flip a switch to disengage the horn and run it like a guitar amp "in the room". Pretty cool. Also has a Bluetooth capability so you can wirelessly stream backing tracks from your phone through your amp while you play through the same amp at the same time. Lastly it has a USB connection so it can be seen by your DAW and used as monitors for a full mix. A very nice piece of gear.

Interesting features, how is availability in Europe?

They're really good at low volumes. If I had them years ago, I could have spared the speakers for my hi-fi. Controls are easy, as soon as you've figured out how they work. You have a master Volume and gain for each channel. You als get dB's shown as you adjust the values, so there's no issue matching a pair, and you can adjust in 1-dB-Increments without a surgeon's hand.
    But even these won't make your trousers flutter when they're at living room volume - some folks seem to expect that... :D

Nice to hear about the volume control, easy pairing and 1db steps sound great, but....no trousers flutter? hmmmm too bad, I was expecting some air moving like this :P :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.