Profiles sold on Ebay

• Hey guys,

I just found this on ebay:
    EDIT 2: I removed the link. For those new to the thread, I posted a link to an ebay site where someone was selling a collection of 8000 profiles.

Being curious I wrote this guy to tell me which profiles exactly are sold. And he returned with the following link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/243o…zoy/kemper_new14.txt?dl=0
    EDIT: The link doesn't work anymore. But the list contained stuff from The Amp Factory, Michael Wagener and many more.

So it seems this guy/ these guys have bought (or stolen) every commercial rig pack that is out there and are now selling them again to make profit out of it.

:thumbdown:

Maybe there's a way to make them stop?

Greetings

Edited 2 times, last by Steeldom ().

• Wow, that is not cool at all. :/ I would hope that Kemper users would be respectful enough to help out those that make these great profiles by buying directly from them. Thanks for sharing this Steeldom.

• Hi,

Someone had already reported it long time ago. I also saw such thing on an italian web site.
    Whatever ... 8000 profiles ? There are 5000 profiles on the rig exchange, I will never the time to try all of them ... Then 8000 ?? I prefer spend the 60€ to buy just some profiles i will reallly use.

It is just good for maniac profiles collectionner :D

• It's important to act if rights are violated, I hate to see that some useless assholes (sorry, but that's the right word...) are making money with the talent and work of others.

I wrote to eBay and to the guy, too and I told him that's he's violating existing copyrights and that his "offer" is 100% illegal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• If he does this another 100 times under new names he just might be very sorry!

Not buying it. Everyone knows this is illegal.

Some net sleuth should sniff him out and expose him so he gets tossed from the forum registration and can't update his Kemper if he owns one. Probably made a lot of money already.

• Yeah, the guy is/was not new to this. And pretty sure he's not the only one.

While I agree with the implicit statement that the Kemper community is young and small, and that commercial profilers' efforts should be protected in order to encourage them to continue their production, I see this as serious as sharing music or films.
    Practically every person I know has got at least one downloaded mp3. Should every person in the know of someone sharing/using pirated material report them, far more than half Europe would be in jail... And pretty sure there would be no-one left free in Italy, Spain, Greece, ex-USSR to arrest the others :D
    But I know of several people in the States doing this as well.

Let me clarify I'm not defending those people: it's just that I am no way surprised nor shocked: as long as there are things to be grabbed, there will always be people grabbing them, if only for the pleasure in itself.
    Most addicted collectors I know just want to possess stuff: they archive everything into DVDs, BDs, HDs... and almost always don't use what they took, if not in a risible percentage.
    My point is that, from my direct experience, many (perhaps most) collectors would never buy what they grab (others would, of course), so they are not really making an attempt on the profiles' market.

• There's one big difference: we're not talking about a "collector", we're talking about somebody selling commercial profiles illegaly and making profit out of the property of others.

Of course "collecting" software, films and mp3's illegaly is bad, but selling it is even worse....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• But to those potential buyers of these pirated profiles how sure are they that they are buying the original? For all they know they are buying renamed profiles from rig exchange which are already free.

• But to those potential buyers of these pirated profiles how sure are they that they are buying the original? For all they know they are buying renamed profiles from rig exchange which are already free.

Hahahah let´s hope all he sells is actually one and the same profile with 6000 different names :D. But still. This is insane and simply insane. Gotta sniff around on ebay more often and help reporting those morons. This kind of stuff just hurts the sellers/creators - and thats the last thing a community should want.

• There's one big difference: we're not talking about a "collector", we're talking about somebody selling commercial profiles illegaly and making profit out of the property of others.

No, I feel you. I was talking in general. For a seller to exist, many buyers have to exist. And to me, the disruptive power towards a raising market represented by 100 "burned" potential buyers is much higher than one illegal seller.

Paradoxically, if the guy exclusively sold his copies to people who would never buy a profile, I'd not mind him making money. The real danger for the Kemper market to grow is the lost incomes, IMO, as the factor that takes the wind out of their sails.

But to those potential buyers of these pirated profiles how sure are they that they are buying the original? For all they know they are buying renamed profiles from rig exchange which are already free.

Hahaha very good one!

What about putting on the market fake commercial profiles from say a Bengali server? AFAIK, something similar happens within the PtP networks, where the sellers themselves inject fake copies of their software...

:D