Profiles sold on Ebay

• @ nightlight: thanks for the appreciation and your kind words :)

@ Guenter: I personally don't think that we're here in order to find a solution or change things. This is a virtual agora, and people meet to discuss things.

As for me, I find really fascinating discussing social things with people from a different culture: don't know you, but I find that such discussions would have been articulated very differently in Italy.
    Anyway, some members (and this is true in general, apart from the issue specifically discussed here) have pointed out things I had not though before, and this is enough for me to justify spending some of my time here.

I also find fascinating the conclusion to which I've come about profiling a profile, which seems interesting enough to me.

And, BTW, this has nothing to do with me stealing profiles or other pieces of software :P

• What is "Jaspers" problem?!?! Strange how an interesting intellectual discussion, whether or not it provides tangible results or changes how anyone behaves, can give rise to that kind of explosive expletives. I do hope he is in fact done with this conversation!

Gary ô¿ô

• lol Thats right, let me drag you down to my level, dickbag. Im done with this conversation.

What? No CD collection in response?

Apparently, I am a bag of d*cks. One for each assh*le, I always say. ^^

What is "Jaspers" problem?!?! Strange how an interesting intellectual discussion, whether or not it provides tangible results or changes how anyone behaves, can give rise to that kind of explosive expletives. I do hope he is in fact done with this conversation!

Obviously some deep-seated issues and impotency/rage concerns. I don't mind arguments, but if you try to get your point across with derogatory references, it just defeats the purpose of being on a forum and any communication.

Use the report link, guys, and keep these forums clean of dirtbags :thumbup:

• I feel a bit disillusioned reading this thread. I've always kinda of philosophied in my head about this profiling thing and what the amp manufacturers feel about this. Do they feel like they're being ripped off? Isn't all of this kind of like file sharing in a way? Basically if you work in a music store you could stay the night and just profile every amp and you wouldn't have to buy one. In my opinion it's a little bit like copying music or movies. If you own an amp and profile it for your own purpose it's fine I guess, but to sell the sound? Would that be like copying your DVD movie and sell the copy? Maybe, maybe not. I'll let others decide. To me it doesn't really matter much to be honest. All I care about is to rock.

All I know is this. I worry about people "illegally" downloading the work of say The Amp Factory because that might mean we won't get any more of his wonderful profiles. Maybe one day he'll just go "f*ck this sh*t you ingrates. Aint gonna put up with it anymore". To me, my Kemper is totally dependant all the great commerical profilers!

But I also understand that the world is not black or white and that reality differs from theory. We are often hard on piracy and stuff but at the same time I think of all the great music that probably was only possible because of a pirated Cubase, and I think of the time when Duff Mckagan rushed GC to steal a bass. It's at the same time easy to romanticize about.

But honestly, if we want more awesome profiles we gotta support these guys. I just wish they would tag their profiles better ;)

Edited 2 times, last by danniee ().

• This, and also the fact, that there wouldn't be a profile of a real amp without a real amp. If no one is buying amps anymore there will be no new profiles. And thats the reason why even if everyone plays a Kemper Profiling Amp (which will never happen) people would still buy amps.

I will, as soon as I have the money for a vox ac30 :thumbup:

• Let's point out some stickies here... :)

1. You do not profile an amp: you profile a rig, which may be simpler or more complex than the whole amp.

2. The cab makes 60-70% of the overall sound, so just use a different cab with the same amp and you'll get a new different universe. Many amps will just sound the same when you use the same cab.

3. A profile can't reproduce all the different sounds that the amp can... produce.

4. Profiling an amp is not, and will never be like using the real amp.
    In the words (more or less accurately reported) of Michael Wagener, "I've profiled all my amps. Will I sell them? No, because I'll be able to get always fresh and new sounds from them and then profile the results".

This is my POV. OTOH, those who do not feel comfortable in using profiles (a position that I respect) should simply not own or use a Profiler, I believe.

Peace :)

• all is true, you my hero :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

• Yes!

That's why I profile all great amp I can get a hold on with as many different settings as possible.

And yes, I'll never sell the tube amps I love most.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• AD.2

The cab mic and mic pos makes 60-70% :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

• Not to mention that Kemper has distanced themselves from the selling of profiles even on these boards. "Commercial rigs and profiles" "Kemper Amps is not affiliated with content offered in this sub forum."Seems very disconcerting to me.

would "we are not affiliated with the parties offering their content" be a better wording? because that's what we are trying to bring across.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here