Do I not understand Rig Manager?

• Hello,

I am trying to manage my rigs with the Rig Manager but it's not working as I think it should.

I have too many rigs, and I'm trying to get it down to about 100. What I had done previously was add (via the KPA UI) the ones I wanted to keep to my Favorites, and then delete all the non favorites. But this still left me with too many rigs and it was tedious.

So I figured I'd see if I could manage them more easily from within the Rig Manager.

I wanted to start over and remove everything from my Favorites, then go through them one by one and add my absolute favorites back in, and delete what was left over. Again, I was aiming for 100 rigs total.

So I fired up the Rig Manager, sorted the list so all my favorites were at the top, and within Rig Manager I unchecked the 'favorite' box for each. Every time I did this the Rig Manager synched with the KPA and I thought that once I was done I would have no Favorites left on my KPA. In the Rig Manager, none of my rigs had stars next to them anymore...I had no more favorites!

But when I went to the KPA and looked at my Favorites, they were all still there, despite the fact the the RM and KPA seemed to sync every time I removed a favorite from within the RM.

In short, I want to be able to clean out my favorites, add 100 back in, and delete the rest. I could do it all on the KPA itself, but it would be too much work to remove all my Favorites one by one. Pressing and holding the RIG button 212 times to remove each rig from my Favorites, and then doing the same thing in reverse 100 times? No thanks!

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Cal

PS - I am using the latest version of RM, but my KPA is still on v.2.5

• Hi Cal

RM is like a database and can organise not only you KPA rigs but rigs on your computer. if you look right at the bottom left hand side you should see your KPA with the amount of rigs on listed. Now click that and organise the rigs from there this will sort the rigs on the KPA. If the KPA is not selected then you are organising a database on your PC which can then be accessed by the KPA aswell. If you double click a profile that's not in the KPA it will load it up so you can preview it. If you like it then press store this will then store it to the KPA, this I find handy as I can have millions of profiles ready at my finger tip in the studio and have none stored on the KPA. Hope this helps ya buddy :)

• Hi Cal

RM is like a database and can organise not only you KPA rigs but rigs on your computer. if you look right at the bottom left hand side you should see your KPA with the amount of rigs on listed. Now click that and organise the rigs from there this will sort the rigs on the KPA. If the KPA is not selected then you are organising a database on your PC which can then be accessed by the KPA aswell. If you double click a profile that's not in the KPA it will load it up so you can preview it. If you like it then press store this will then store it to the KPA, this I find handy as I can have millions of profiles ready at my finger tip in the studio and have none stored on the KPA. Hope this helps ya buddy :)

Thanks for getting back to me Raoul.

I think I understand what you are saying and I thought I was doing it correctly.

When I was trying to edit my favorites, I selected "MyProfiler" from the left hand pane. Only the profiles that are stored on my KPA were listed. I then sorted the list so all my favorites were at the top. After that I 'un-favorited' them, assuming it would also remove them from my favorites on the KPA. But it didn't do that. I still have 212 favorites on my KPA, but none in the Rig Manager.

I assume I am doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it could be.

Maybe I should read the Rig Manager manual!

Cal

• Ok....I think I may have discovered a bug.

Earlier I removed my favorites with the Rig Manager, but they remained as favorites on the KPA itself.

I have found that by adding them back as favorites in the Rig Manager (by checking the favorite box in the Inspector pane - even though they are already in my favorites on my KPA) and then immediately unchecking the favorite box again in the Rig Manager, they will be removed as favorites in both the Rig Manager and the KPA (rather than just the RM like earlier.

It seems that you can add and remove favorites using the Rig Manager, but the Rig Manager cannot remove favorites that were 'favorited' within the KPA itself. This does not seem to be the way it should work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I have sent a note to Kemper.

Cal

• Ingolf were you able to reproduce the same problem?

I heard from Burkhard who said he was not able to reproduce it. He suggested that I update my software to v2.6 which I have done, but the problem persists.

If anyone else could try it it would be helpful.

-Add a rig to your Favorites using the KPA interface
    -Remove the rig from Favorites via the Rig Manager

If it behaves like mine, the rig should still be in your Favorites on the KPA, but not listed as a Favorite in the Rig Manager.

• I'll check this tomorrow Cal

• Have you checked if the User Name in both the Profiler and RM match exactly?

Good thought! I had not checked that.

My user name in the RM is my email.

When I go to System>Edit Owner on the profiler, the 'Owners Name' is Calaban, but the 'Device Name' is MyProfiler.

You think I need to change something? Which one...Owner's Name or Device Name?

Edited once, last by Calaban ().

• works for me.

I can remove as well as set the fav status with the RM.
    I can even select multiple rigs and change their fav status.
    A small message should pop up asking you to confirm and then you can see the 'syncing' of the rigs in the lower right part of the RM.

Selecting the rigs in the Profiler (or in RM) shows their new status.

• works for me.

I can remove as well as set the fav status with the RM.
    I can even select multiple rigs and change their fav status.
    A small message should pop up asking you to confirm and then you can see the 'syncing' of the rigs in the lower right part of the RM.

Selecting the rigs in the Profiler (or in RM) shows their new status.

Thanks for testing Don.

Can you add a favorite via the buttons on the front of the Profiler, and then remove that favorite from within the Rig Manager?
    That's the problem for me...within RM cannot remove favorites that were added via the KPA front panel. They get removed within the RM, but not on the KPA.

If I add and remove favorites from both places, without problems, if I do it all from the RM.

It was only a problem when I wanted to remove large amounts of favorites from the KPA. I had to find a workaround which was ok. As long as I add favorites using the RM only I'll be in good shape. And if I end up adding a few via the KPA front panel, it should be easy enough to remove them.

within RM cannot remove favorites that were added via the KPA front panel. They get removed within the RM, but not on the KPA.

This works for me. Running RM on windows. Only thing unusual is that if I remove favorite from the rig that is active in the profiler, I have to reload the rig it to get the check mark for favorite to disappear. Are you sure that you are only changing the favorite status for the "My Profiler" folder.

• This works for me. Running RM on windows. Only thing unusual is that if I remove favorite from the rig that is active in the profiler, I have to reload the rig it to get the check mark for favorite to disappear. Are you sure that you are only changing the favorite status for the "My Profiler" folder.

Thanks for checking!

I am also on Windows (8.1)

Yes, I'm only working within the 'MyProfiler' folder.

It's very strange that nobody else seems to be experiencing this glitch. It leads me to think that I am doing something wrong, but I can't seem to figure out what it could be.