Finding the right Rig

• Hi everybody,

i am looking for some rigs which should replace my recent AmpSim Recording Chain.

For the last 2 Years I mainly recorded all my Metal Guitar DI's with the Van51 from Guitar Rig 5. I just used the Hardcore Preset and that was pretty much an ideal Sound so far. It tightens up the sound and made the sloppy playing less obvious.
    Now I am looking for a Rig which can do the same Thing as Guitar Rig. I tried some of the Factory Rig's that were on the Kemper but by now I didn't find one that does the same like my previous AmpSim.
    I think that the Simulation I used so far is emulating a Peavey 5150 with a TubeScreamer in front.

Maybe some of you can give me some hints what Rig's I should test out.

Heavy Greetz

• Hi EachHit

the Kemper will blow you amp sim away once you find that right profile. I'm not a metal player at all so I'm best not to advise to much :) but I know there are some great metal players on here who will be able to guide you in the right direction. Have you tried any of the rigs from the Lasse Pack that Kemper offered a while back its free and a lot of the metal players I have come in my studio always pick one of his rigs. Its worth a try :thumbup:

• Hi EachHit

the Kemper will blow you amp sim away once you find that right profile. I'm not a metal player at all so I'm best not to advise to much :) but I know there are some great metal players on here who will be able to guide you in the right direction. Have you tried any of the rigs from the Lasse Pack that Kemper offered a while back its free and a lot of the metal players I have come in my studio always pick one of his rigs. Its worth a try :thumbup:

Hi,

I just finished browsing through a lot of the Rigs which came onboard and I also found the ones from Lasse Lammert. One of the Rigs came close to what I am looking for but I was missing some screaming High's in there. I also figured out that the Stomps from the Kemper are pretty good. I agree that the Kemper sounds better than my AmpSims when I play directly into it. The Feeling to play is much more direct I think. But that doesn't seem to work with my DI's I tried to reamp.
    In the Rig Exchange there are a lot of cool Metal Rigs. So I think I got a lot to test.

Heavy Greetz

• Great link! I can verify that sinmix's rigs are the best rigs I've heard for metal; with huge choices of sounds for each amp. I don't usually buy commercial but I did to make sure I nailed the metal sound and it was worth it. Check out his free stuff for sampling and he is also very helpful and present on this forum.

I downloaded the Pack after I heard some of the samples. They did sound quite good. I have to see how the DI's react to that. It seems like the Rig's sounds the best when you track with them and didn't reamp a DI which was tracked with a whole different sound.

Heavy Greetz

• I downloaded the Pack after I heard some of the samples. They did sound quite good. I have to see how the DI's react to that. It seems like the Rig's sounds the best when you track with them and didn't reamp a DI which was tracked with a whole different sound.

Heavy Greetz

All my mixes and samples - Guitars DI reamped via SPDIF ;) Different DI, Different Guitars, different guitarists :thumbup:

Stay Metal!