FW 2.7 Thread

• Installed without a glitch!

Been playing for a couple of hours yesterday and did not notice any problems.

When selecting a rig from the RM i did see that we get no more popups, but a PREVIEW on the screen. Not sure if this was there before, but i liked it allot!

• I was updating yesterday from 2.4.0 to 2.7.0 I did not hear much difference!!
    what did you hear Pacocito? in what way was your sounds different, and what is better?
    I listened on some of my favourite rigs, but did not hear anyting special realy!

• Hi Morty.........while waiting for Pacocito's answer, please: the sound change is just a joke me and others did to laugh about the trend to say a FW sounds different.

I'm not saying that everyone who claimed that wasn't right. but I can assure you that the most majority of people hearing a change was just a psychological trick.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• There is a lot of crackle and digital noise while tweaking the CAB module's parameters. And digital hiss appears very early if I tweak a little the Character and High/Low Shift params.
    Anyone can confirm this? I can remember this from 2.6 (don't know before).

• I was updating yesterday from 2.4.0 to 2.7.0 I did not hear much difference!!
    what did you hear Pacocito? in what way was your sounds different, and what is better?
    I listened on some of my favourite rigs, but did not hear anyting special realy!

Depends on the profile and the monitors I use. It's very clear with the CLR and big studio monitors because the change is in the lows. As the say in the doc of version 2.6, some profiles had too much enegy below 60 Hz. It's better to me.

But the best improvement has been the profiling process. I'm really happy with it.

• Hi Morty.........while waiting for Pacocito's answer, please: the sound change is just a joke me and others did to laugh about the trend to say a FW sounds different.

I'm not saying that everyone who claimed that wasn't right. but I can assure you that the most majority of people hearing a change was just a psychological trick.[/quote]

Ok English is not my mother language, so maby i did not understand this was a joce! but the thread is serious, and if its a difference in sound/frequenses i would like to hear!

I'm not saying that everyone who claimed that wasn't right. but I can assure you that the most majority of people hearing a change was just a psychological trick.

I was joking using a programming language style about this change, which was introduced in v 2.6. Sorry, my bad. A guitarists forum it's not the best place to use programming language :D

"Due to a software flaw from day one, a number of existing profiles feature a little too much energy in the
    region below 60 Hz, when compared to the original amp. The effect is very subtle and the basic character
    of the profile is generally not affected. Nonetheless, we have taken the opportunity to correct this with the
    latest firmware. The result is an increased authenticity, even of profiles created previously, and an improved
    performance - especially when played through a speaker system with a linear response down to the lowest
    frequencies, such as a PA, or studio monitor system."

• The mods on the forums are all like Terminator robots. No humour. Just step in and break up all the fun ^^

Well, I didn't see the humor in this post. This happens since humor, sarcasm and irony don't come through very well in text messages.
    It just looked like a voodoo sentence. It might also give others the impression, which would be a pity.
    Like your "terminator" mentioning.

• Hey guys, the train is running..... :D

As soon as the famous sentence "any sound-change?" hits the ground, the rest is just automatic reaction....
    Of course LFC was new in 2.6., but you also can turn LFC off. If somebody can hear frequencies below 30 Hz and around 18 Khz: congratulations !!! Here's a test (up to 16 KHz). 8)

[Blocked Image: http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w489/kingbee789/guitar-piano_zpsa588beb7.png]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• There is a lot of crackle and digital noise while tweaking the CAB module's parameters. And digital hiss appears very early if I tweak a little the Character and High/Low Shift params.
    Anyone can confirm this? I can remember this from 2.6 (don't know before).

I have the same problems with the cab parameters.
    Anyone else with the same obsarvations???????

• As soon as the famous sentence "any sound-change?" hits the ground, the rest is just automatic reaction....
    Of course LFC was new in 2.6., but you also can turn LFC off. If somebody can hear frequencies below 30 Hz and around 18 Khz: congratulations !!! Here's a test (up to 16 KHz). 8)

LFC affects frequencies below 60 Hz, not 30 Hz. And yes, LFC can be switched off, but I don't switch it off. I like the improvement.

One of the profiles which react more noticeably to switching on and off LFC is TAF's Trainwreck. It's the only one I prefer with the LFC disabled.