Regarding the upcoming M Britt Dumble Pack - now with soundclips

• There may be some info worth considering through giving this a look starting @ 12:02:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 2 times, last by 1fastdog ().

• There may be some info worth considering through giving this a look starting @ 12:02:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Great video. Very informative. I'd gotten shots of Carlton's and Mayer's Dumbles for settings but it's nice to be able to compare them, although as the video says, all Dumble amps are voiced slightly differently.

• Hi,

Got a new set of profiles for the Dumble + clone pack. There's one fat Fuchs and a very nice Robben Ford style OD from a Ceriatone OTS.
    I also tweaked the Dumble a bit more for a really nice smooth jazz clean. Super dynamic and a joy to play.
    Very busy now but as soon as I find time I will record something and post here.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Any ideas on a potential release date Michael ?

Robman, I'm working on it. We're actually out on a week-long road trip right now so I'm testing some of the profiles out during sound checks and a few during the live show. Profile Pack 2 is getting really close. I'm hoping to get that out within the next couple of weeks. The Dumble one is still a work in progress. I'm still debating on how many profiles to include on a separate Dumble pack. I'm including a few profiles in PP2 so that'll be a test to see if people want more of those or if those will be enough for most peoples' purposes. Between all of the switch settings and the 3 different Dumble/Dumble type amps I have over 100 profiles and some are definitely better than others. At times, I think they all sound good and at other times I think they're all kinda average. Then I hear Mats play them and they sound great. I'm finding it a difficult amp to really nail because it is so unique and has such a strange sonic footprint. Some of the switch settings are really subtle and some are pretty pronounced and I'm not sure how deep most players will want to go with those. The real Dumble is actually taking more tweaking than the clones and I'm not sure if it was just the actual amp or something in the chain when I was profiling it. It can sound great, as Mats recordings show, but it just takes more tweaking and I keep going back and forth on how much to do to it. Long-winded answer, I'm sure, but soon…

On a lighter note, I got to spend a day off in CA visiting some of my tone gurus: Tom Anderson and Seymour Duncan… Enjoy!

[Blocked Image: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/lonegtr/96026FF2-D7E1-4B39-8281-65F97D3CB850_zpspc10fpbp.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/lonegtr/4154ED0D-27A6-4792-B355-2D0B99DD10B1_zps3xjuydkl.jpg]

• Sounds like you've done a lot of work on a LOT of profiles. If I were you I'd split them into Dumble / Dumble type amps as a separate package.

I'm sure people are willing to pay separately for them and it might allow you to sell more variations/tweaks of the amp.

Nice photos too !

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlK3G7HILlw

Was checking out a couple of Dumble tones after soundcheck today in Edmonton, AB, Canada. This is audio from an iPhone at foh position, a gain sound and a clean tone. Fun stuff. Martin, our foh engineer had some low end rolled out just because of the big empty room and such but it's pretty flat other than that.

• I personaly prefer that you take your time and test your profiles in depth in live situation, as you did in the first pack, because it is where your work especially shines! :thumbup:

Exactly. My motto of the day:

Let's stay calm und humble
    waiting for this profiled dumble
    i am sure it's worth the wait
    got to well ignore the bait
    have to wait another day
    if there is no other way

i am looking forward to it like everyone else. cheers

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• In a land far a way the die is cast
    the pleasure prepared is vast
    the fortunate one
    who can wait til it's done
    is sure to have a blast

I'm also waiting for the full pack!

Cheers,

Mats N

• BTW, the clean Dumble profile I'm working on is taking unexpected turns. The profile was loaded when I truned på KPA on for a pop session with my Tyler and I knew I was going for an 80s style huge chord rhythm sound. I was going to select an altogether differen rig but felt at once that this profile was a perfect fit for the tune if I put some "shmo" on it. So I put my Tri Stereochorus emulation preset after the profile and some serious compression and eq in front and, voila, there it was. Funny as I always considered the Dumble ODS to be an amp for HB guitars.

I was so happy with that rig, I wanted to write a new tune with it. Working on the tune now. Dumble clean for rhythm and most probably Mike's Bletchley Bomber from his first pack for lead.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Hi,

Mike and I have discussed what profile I used on "In No Time" that has been discussed here and elsewhere. We have found it to be the "Dumble N 3-2" which is included in Mike's Profile Pack 2.

My tweaks to the rig are as follows:
    Graphc EQ in Stomp D with 80HZ = -6,6dB and 160Hz = -3,6. The rst is flat.
    Gain = 6.1
    Amp Definition = 6.9, Power Sagging = 2.1, Compressor = 1.2, Clarity = 2.9, Tube Shape = 3.3. The rest is at 0.
    EQ: Bass = -3.2, Middle = +1,3, Treble = -0.8, Presence = -1.2
    Cabinet: Low Shift = -0.7, Character: -3.0. The rest at 0.

The key to getting this sound right (as I hear it), is to work with the guitar volume and play the dynamics with your pick.

Here's the tune for reference:

External Content soundcloud.com

I hope you'll enjoy it!

Cheers,

Mats N

• Tom is one of the nicest people in the business (and out of the business). I have gotten the chance to work with Tom and Roy on a couple of occasions over the past 4 years. Love those guys and have five custom spec'ed Anderson guitars to boot. My favorite guitars...period!

• External Content youtu.be

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Tom's guitars. The guitar in this video (hard to see) is my red Cobra with 3 p90's. I'm playing the Dumble C Ford and Dumble Cln profiles from Pack 2 in the video.

• Tom is one of the nicest people in the business (and out of the business). I have gotten the chance to work with Tom and Roy on a couple of occasions over the past 4 years. Love those guys and have five custom spec'ed Anderson guitars to boot. My favorite guitars...period!

Friends of mine run the only music store in SA that's a TA dealer.
    I remember I was sitting with them planning what TA's to order for the first order....after days of debate they settled on about 20.
    lol, next day they send the order through not realising the max number of guits you can get from TA in a year is 8...that's it, consider yourself extremely privileged to get 8 a year.

Fantastic guitars!!!
    I managed to get one of mine tucked in between two Blue beauty TA's and a couple of PR's. :)

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/TOMSdisplay_zps468488c7.jpg]