Line 6 x3 live as a midi controller

• Hi,
    I'm very new to midi, what i'm trying to do is setup my x3 as a midi controller. I've worked out how to change patches. What i cant do is turn effects on and off. I've managed to find a midi chart for the x3
    http://www.benvesco.com/blog/w…2/pod_x3_pro_midi_v11.pdf
    I dont think i can actually change these midi numbers, question is, can i change the effects on/off numbers on the kemper to match these a few of these midi numbers ?

• Since you are new to MIDI- here is a suggestion.

I don't switch individual effects in and out - I just use another Rig, with different effects enabled.

I do some pre-planning to make sure the sounds I need within any one song are never more than one button push away from the sound I use to start the song.

An example of a Bank (all based on the same sound):
    Rig 1 is a gain sound, with auto on/off wah
    Rig 2 adds a chorus
    Rig 3 has a doubling delay and whammy
    Rig 4 has a touch tempo solo delay and whammy
    Rig 5 has an octave harmony lead sound

• Thanks Paul,
    Yep that's what i'm in the process of doing at the moment. Actually i have two switches that will turn the reverb and delay on and off, and four switches that will change the rig, if that makes sense.
    32 slots with 4 banks each + 2 switches for reverb and delay that work on each bank.
    Now i just have to find a door stopper to replace the x3 live that i was using to keep the door of my room open :)

• I'm a newb on midi as we'll and going to use the x3 live as my temporary foot controller till KFC is released, question is there's only 16 midi channels on x3 how do I access the cc numbers for wah control and did u only use 1 midi cable, I've organised my rigs already like Paul said cause this is how I've always done it in the x3 just need to know how to get the midi to work?