Haven't been keeping up. Are there any plans for a full-featured editor?

• I think you NEED an editor with the AXE. There just aren't many deep features on the KPA to require an editor.

It would take you longer to edit a Profile with an Editor than to just use the KPA's interface.

If the KPA's interface were reduced to a 2U rack, losing buttons and knobs, I could start to see a need for an editor.

• The lines between want and need are pretty blurred with this stuff. For me, it would make working with the KPA much more pleasant because ergonomically, it's much more comfortable for me to use a mouse at the computer to make changes than to work off of the KPA in the rack-especially when I have a guitar in my lap. It would also allow me to make changes while keeping my ears in a proper monitoring position. I'll get by fine without it, but it would be nice.

• Compare browsing through your KPA rigs on the Kemper vs using Rig Manager - you've got all the columns for sorting, you can see at a glance what amps and cabinets you're working with, and you can easily access all of the tags to change names or info if you want. An editor would extend this efficiency to other things, like:

- Clicking on a stomp slot brings up a list of all basic stomp categories. Each category expands to show (for instance) the various Chorus effects as well as all of the presets you've got saved.

- Easy copy/pasting of one or more effects from rig to rig.

- Arranging your performances. Someone suggested elsewhere that you could have each performance rig/bank saved in a list, and then you could just drag and drop them into the Kemper's slots to put your setlist together.

- I've never been able to figure out how the specifics would work, but an editor would make some sort of VST communication much easier. It would be neat to load up a project in my DAW, click on a guitar track, and have a plugin tell me what profile it was recorded with and say "Would you like to load this rig?".... mostly because I'm lazy and forgetful, so I never know what I was using.

• Compare browsing through your KPA rigs on the Kemper vs using Rig Manager.

A librarian is different to me than an editor - with thousands of rigs to choose from, and a maximum of 1000 in the Kemper at a time, a librarian was needed for people to be able to easily use the Kemper on a day to day basis. And, anyone who does profiling can tell you that using the Kemper to fill in those tags took longer than it took to make the profile. So, Rig Manager was a HUGE improvement.

MIDI program change table Management, and a Performance Manager both sound like librarian enhancements to me :)

• Agree with some of the comments here. An editor is definitely not NEEDED, but it would be very much appreciated!

Adjusting things with a guitar in your lap would be awesome (for example, I am currently recording guitar solos and playing around with things like delay times and reverb mix in a good listening position would be very handy). I have a KPA rack that is next to my desk at which I record and mix, so being able to adjust stuff without getting up from my chair would be very cool. I know this might be shelved under "first world problems" and it is not a big deal but it would make the unit even more useful to me.

• - Arranging your performances. Someone suggested elsewhere that you could have each performance rig/bank saved in a list, and then you could just drag and drop them into the Kemper's slots to put your setlist together.

:thumbup:
    Drag and drop of slots between performances (copy , move , insert, change) would be a cool feature of RM / editor and would facilitate quick adjustment of the performances at the setlist immensely.

• I think that a Performance Mode Drag & Drop would be more useful and TIME SAVING than the entire Rig Manager. Sorry for extremism.

If just Kemper would release some API for .NET or MONO, or some way to manage via MIDI SysEX the PM data...

• An editor is absolutely needed
    Although the front panel is very well displaced, now that I started using the rig manager I think having all (or many) controls available on screen for tweaking is definitely better than going up and down the studio from the stool to the shelf where the kpa is located... (am I too lazy? :) )

Does anyone know if (and what) controls are availble via MIDI SysEx messages?

• Well, the MIDI documentation seems quite complete indeed...
    Maybe there's some SysEx Editor/Librarian that can be adapted to control the KPA... anyone experienced?
    investigation mode ON... ;)

UPDATE:
    as usual, seem I'm trying to reinvent the wheel... haha...
    someone had a similar idea long time ago...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• yes, the kpa midi control from everglades audio would be a nice editor, but it doesn't work on mac till today.

i would love an editor too, because my kemper does not sit directly in front of me. - so if i scroll through the rigs in the rig manager, i often think: "ok, sounds nic, but lets try it with a littel less gain, more mids, ..." an then i have to move away from my workingspace to reach the knoobs of the kemper.

so my two cents: an editor would be a great improvement for my workflow.