Not happy

• I still live with my tube amps AND the KPA. For some reasons a combo and a stompbox is still the better solution, when transport is an issue or entering a stage and being play-ready in 2 minutes (f.e. club sessions).
    And though I own my KPA for one and a half year, I don't yet find myself at the end of my soundsearch at all. It's sometimes still much confusing for me which of the numerous parameters is the best to make a sound more transparent or fatter or smoother or or or (Amp-EQ, Cab-EQ, Slot-EQ, Stomp-EQ, Output-EQ and some more ) and when the sound is o.k. the volume must be matched, and again we have (Output volume, Cab-Volume, Amp-volume, Stomp-volume, and the clipping LEDs :evil:
    So I think it's a long process which also makes you listening more careful to your guitar, identifying the right parameter in the KPA, and choosing the least necessary features to achieve your sound-idea. For me the shortest way is the best, so I choose only profiles which already fit to 80% of my needs), but I'm still very far away of this goal.

To cut things short: Despite of all these things.....

I'm happy :love:

• I think because of all the options in the KPA, I became more discerning and scrutinising of the sound of my guitars. Back in the tube amp days, I'd pretty much just set the tonestack as I'd normally do, make sure my stomp box levels were ok and leave anything else up to the sound guy. It was kind of, "well, that's the sound of this amp. Want something different, get a different amp!" I never really delved any deeper, I think. That's what makes the KPA initially confusing (that and the fact that you're always battling the 'it isn't real tubes' bias in the beginning; tweaking endlessly to get it as close as possible to your perception of 'tube', whether that's for your own sake in confirming your purchase, changing the sound man's opinion on digital devices, or your band's...).

Cheers,
    Sam

• I still live with my tube amps AND the KPA. For some reasons a combo and a stompbox is still the better solution, when transport is an issue or entering a stage and being play-ready in 2 minutes (f.e. club sessions).
    And though I own my KPA for one and a half year, I don't yet find myself at the end of my soundsearch at all. It's sometimes still much confusing for me which of the numerous parameters is the best to make a sound more transparent or fatter or smoother or or or (Amp-EQ, Cab-EQ, Slot-EQ, Stomp-EQ, Output-EQ and some more ) and when the sound is o.k. the volume must be matched, and again we have (Output volume, Cab-Volume, Amp-volume, Stomp-volume, and the clipping LEDs :evil:
    So I think it's a long process which also makes you listening more careful to your guitar, identifying the right parameter in the KPA, and choosing the least necessary features to achieve your sound-idea. For me the shortest way is the best, so I choose only profiles which already fit to 80% of my needs), but I'm still very far away of this goal.

:)

It seems you did not spend much time reading the manuals and the wikpa, did you? :D

• I am so supremely happy right now. I had the Axe FX II, and it was pretty cool. But man oh man was I constantly tweaking! I got very little music written because I was obsessing about the damn thing - how complex can I make my patches? How simple can I make my patches? Can I use two amps? Two cabs? etc.. etc..

I've always had good sounding tube amps. I got the Kemper and made profiles of my Diezel D-Moll and Laney VH100R, and it was great. Still ... something missing. I was really missing my old Fryette Sig X, so I bought another one. And wow... THAT is my tone. So I made profiles of that as well.

In the meantime I sold the Axe FXII. I kept the Diezel, the Fryette, and the Kemper. I have proper plug and play creativity, and don't have to worry about oodles of parameters. I use my pedalboard with all three solutions, depending on my mood.

The fact that the Kemper gives me great bass tones is also a extra little bonus. Because now I can record at home without messing around with huge signal chains and extra plugins and what not - I just record the output of the Kemper, and EQ it for the track... and job done!