FW 2.7 Bug?

• Yes, same problem. -I always take a backup before installing a new FW. Tried to restore my backup. To my surprise the KPA keeps installing FW 2,7?? My latest backup seem to have been overwritten, or something? So I then restored a older backup. Same switching problem even with this FW???

Facts: 151 Rigs. Never had any problem with switching before installing FW 2.7. I did not change anything else then the FW. This is really bad, upcoming gig, KPA i useless in this condition.

• backups do not backup firmware version, just settings, so if you want to revert to a previous firmware, you have to actually downgrade to it by putting it on your memory stick and doing the normal procedure

• No delays here with FW 2.7 and midi. The only thing was midi program assignments erased after upgrade. I dont know why this happen but I added them back in no problems.
    I would try downgrade to firmware version you had before 2.7/

• backups do not backup firmware version, just settings, so if you want to revert to a previous firmware, you have to actually downgrade to it by putting it on your memory stick and doing the normal procedure

Thanks everyone, worked just fine to downgrade. Everything is ok now. Best regards Hans J

• I've got the same latency after installing 2.7.0 today..... sometimes it takes more than a second (in browser mode), but it's not always happening with the same rig.... looks like it happens randomly not following any rule.
    I'm using a Rocktron MIDI X-change for switching the rigs, but manual switching on the Kemper is about the same effect.
    Somehow it seems to be extrem when switching between clean and overdrive sounds (using the recall switch of the X-change to switch between two rigs back and forth)

I will downgrade to 2.6.0 and test it again

• I've got the same latency after installing 2.7.0 today..... sometimes it takes more than a second (in browser mode), but it's not always happening with the same rig.... looks like it happens randomly not following any rule.
    I'm using a Rocktron MIDI X-change for switching the rigs, but manual switching on the Kemper is about the same effect.
    Somehow it seems to be extrem when switching between clean and overdrive sounds (using the recall switch of the X-change to switch between two rigs back and forth)

I will downgrade to 2.6.0 and test it again

You did a better job describing the problem, exactly the way my KPA behaved after installing FW 2.7. After downgrading all was well i Umeå:)

• Also having issues with 2.7.. I'm running a GC midi controller, and aside from delays in patch changes, some of the patches are losing volume and crackling/distorting. It's very sporatic.. works fine one minute, then problem. Going back to 2.6... had no problems with that version.

Have since re-installed 2.6 and everything is back to normal and working perfect.

Bringing music to the people.... one dirty little club at a time! :thumbup:

Edited once, last by tgman513 ().

• Great guys at Kemper, got an answer concerning the latency when switching between the Rigs with FW 2.7
    There will be a Public Beta release soon where this problems will be solved (hopefully)
    In the meantime I'm using FW 2.6 and wait for the next release...

I'm feeling fine with that and I'm more than pleased with the support given... thumbs up :thumbup:

• Great guys at Kemper, got an answer concerning the latency when switching between the Rigs with FW 2.7
    There will be a Public Beta release soon where this problems will be solved (hopefully)
    In the meantime I'm using FW 2.6 and wait for the next release...

I'm feeling fine with that and I'm more than pleased with the support given... thumbs up :thumbup:

Did they mention why some are suffering this and some arent??

• Did they mention why some are suffering this and some arent??

No, they just ask for a little patience till the next public beta release...

However, my personal feeling is that this is not a major issue in terms of occurence... reading the post here most of the users are happy with the current release FW 2.7