FW 2.7 Bug?

• I also have a switching problem with 2.7 (release, came from 2.5 )
    When Switching (by hand )from 'browse" 'perform 'mode it takes four seconds till the Kemper changes the window to the perform mode.
    When I'm in the performance mode, I have to wait for 4 seconds again before I can switch from the first, to the second performance ( by hand with the rig buttons.)
    If I don't wait a few seconds when I'm in performance mode, The system switches automaticly back to browse mode, when using the rig button
    When everything works, and I want to go back from performance mode to browse mode, it takes again 4 seconds time afther turning the browse knob.

I have 300 profiles in my KPA and I have the same problem on both my Kemper power racks ( both with the same firmware and sounds/setup )

Edited 4 times, last by Dorrus ().

• When Switching (by hand )from 'browse" 'perform 'mode it takes four seconds till the Kemper changes the window to the perform mode.

This is intended to prevent accidental switching between BROWSER and PROFILER or PERFORM and TUNER.

• I have just installed 2.7 and noticed some performance-slot changing delay.
    If i call up a patch and quickly change slots in rapid succession (possibly the same slot multiple times or in a random order) i experience a crackle and delay loading some slots.
    It seems that midi-selecting the same slot several times quickly will cause an issue. I must admit though this is when calling up 3 slots within 1 second, which is usually quicker than i would practically do so in a live situation, but nevertheless, i haven't noticed this before.
    I thought there might be some CC information slowing the system down but it appears no different when sending just a prog change message.
    i've done a video clip here:
    http://youtu.be/9ehTsilRm8s

There is also a noticable delay when switching between browse and performance mode, but this is not the sort of thing that would be required in a live situation so i can live with it, and like timo said is some kind of safe guard.

• This is intended to prevent accidental switching between BROWSER and PROFILER or PERFORM and TUNER.

Following up the "browse to performance" mode delay change concerns,Yes it takes about 3-4 seconds but if you change mode then back again within 1.5-2 seconds it still changes mode but after that 3-4 second delay, so the "accidental changing protection" (if this was the intention) is not apparent. What you end up with here is a change of mode that you didnt intend on and then another delayed mode change back to the original mode. My guess here is that there is some heavy-processing being done in the KPA that takes time and once initiated can not be escaped.
    Not a problem unless you do accidentally change mode or if you are aware of this, annoying as it may be to some.

• This is the Pop/click/crackle ive talked about from day 1 i think. Do you have quite a few stomps active on the patches that you are changing to and from. CK has improved this a bit but if you have 3-4 stomps active/passive you will still get this issue. Is the pop exactly as you press the pedal/change slot??

• Hi Raoul, i've followed your issue that you have raised over the past few weeks and i read and seen what others have to say. I have experienced the little pops between patch changes, as you did, but it didn't bother me enough to make a fuss. Not that i think you are making a fuss, i think you are right and I appreciate your situation and that for many users it is a problem.
    I installed 2.7 yesterday and although the small pops/clicks between patch changes seemed less apparent there were horrible big drop outs and nasty crackles, as i mentioned, when i change patches more than 3 times per second. This was unacceptable and i have just gone back to v2.5 as there is nothing "extra" that i feel can gain with this update. I just hope loading in an older firmware doesn't cause any problems. ?(

To answer your question, the snap/crackle/pop drop out is as i press the prog change button via midi. Something is still not right here.