Screen protector and LED's on brand new power head

• Hey guys, quick question... I have a new.kemper power head, and it comes with a screen cover right? There's the plastic on the screen which is obvious, but the hard bit underneath... Is that a removable cover too? Mine rattles around from side to side! Don't want to prise it out if it's the permanent screen cover though if you know what I mean!

Here's a video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdlpoe0bc32a9x6/MOV_1367.mp4?dl=0

I'm thinking it's the actual cover, just a bit on the loose side. Anyone else experience this?

Edited 2 times, last by ragingben ().

• I had the same issue with my powered rack when I had it. The unit ultimately failed on me several times and I returned it. The new non-powered version I have doesn't have that loose fit. Put in a support ticket for this and see if they will help you out. I would think that is a bit more movement than the unit should have on it.

• Thanks for the replies. I've emailed support so hopefully it will get fixed. It is minor and I really don't want to have to send her off for repair so soon after receiving, but ho hum!

Incidently, I noticed that the LED collars have a bit of variation in the LED's - is this normal? I'm aware of the historic problems people have had with them, so this does bug me a bit, but again, it is something I could live with without a problem if it is normal on KPA's - i.e within tolerance. This is all stuff I usually wouldn't bother about but due to the massive amount of money and time it took to save up for the KPA I don't want one with abnormalities!

On the attached image look at the LED on the bass collar, second lit one from the top clockwise. It's a lot duller, and there are others to. Probably a little worse on the unit than this photo captures.

• Pretty sure it's not how it should be, but shouldn't go worse either.
    But, generally speaking, you might take advantage of the situation and ask for a general revision... A couple of defects already detected might hint at a (more) faulty unit, and Mothership might already know what's possibly going to happen in the future with such a unit.

You'll have the possibility to exchange opinions with the Kemper guys, follow their advice: if they say that the current symptoms are just what they are you might want to keep the unit as is.

:)

• Thanks, good answer. That's basically what I've done now I know these aren't normal. Pretty gutted either way, if it has to go back it does, but could be better in the long run. Overall the quality and finish of the unit is excellent but I have to be honest I am a little gutted that this one got through the net as I wanted to be gigging it in the next few weeks.

• I had seem that thread, just glad mine isn't doing that!

Response from Kemper is these issues are within tolerance, and that I can return to dealer for an exchange. I'm going to keep my unit as if these issues are within tolerance then there is no guarantee any replacement is going to be any better (could be worse) and at least these are issues I can live with, everything else is spot on. I guess with a 3 year warranty at least hopefully any other negative effects should become clear well within that time. I'll be keeping an eye on it though! Funnily enough, the LED 'problem' goes away when they are turned up to 8 or so on intensity... perhaps the individual current limiting resistors for the collar LEDS have a very loose tollerance and at lower voltages the effect is exaggerated? Anyway, I'm reasonably happy with that response!

Now, for a day of profiling tomorrow!

• I had seem that thread, just glad mine isn't doing that!

Response from Kemper is these issues are within tolerance, and that I can return to dealer for an exchange. I'm going to keep my unit as if these issues are within tolerance then there is no guarantee any replacement is going to be any better (could be worse) and at least these are issues I can live with, everything else is spot on. I guess with a 3 year warranty at least hopefully any other negative effects should become clear well within that time. I'll be keeping an eye on it though! Funnily enough, the LED 'problem' goes away when they are turned up to 8 or so on intensity... perhaps the individual current limiting resistors for the collar LEDS have a very loose tollerance and at lower voltages the effect is exaggerated? Anyway, I'm reasonably happy with that response!

Now, for a day of profiling tomorrow!

:)