Sort by MIDI PC

• I would love to be able to limit my list of rigs in the browser to just the rigs with assigned PC numbers.

If this can already be done somehow, please disregard.

Would anyone else find this to be useful?

Cal

• I like that idea, too, but.... I think the first factory 128 rigs are mapped to the first 128 PC numbers, so, you would still see pretty much the same information as you can currently see where you tie the rigs to PC numbers.

That's good to know. But I have gotten rid of many factory rigs that were not to my liking, and replaced them with mainly TAF, Top Jimi, MBritt, and Soundside profiles.

I will be reassigning PC number based on songs that my band plays. For example, song 1 uses PC 1 for the verse, but the profile is number 376. It uses PC 2 for the chorus, but the profile is number 241 etc etc.

I think sorting them by PC number would be a great way to bring all your MIDI assigned rigs/profiles together, no matter what number they are in your Profiler. And you wouldn't have to rename them to go with along with you PC number. Make sense?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks for your reply.

Cal

• There's no need to rename them.

Go to the MIDI Assignment list, and you can assign any rig to any MIDI number.

That's how I did it.

BUT - if you haven't done this yet, try doing it in Performance Mode first. It looks MUCH simpler than the way I had to do it (before Performance Mode was available).

• I have already begun doing that, but if I want to view them all grouped together in the browser I would need to rename them. I have my MIDI assigned rigs named by song section at the moment, but in order to view them all together I would have to rename them with some kind of tag at the beginning which would put them in sequential order and group them together. Being able to sort by PC would be a much better solution.

Performance mode probably won't work for me because the foot controller I have (and the new one I want to get) does not send MIDI bank commands.

• I don't currently have an FCB1010 now, but when I did, I named my rigs so that the PC nbr was a prefix for the name. For example:

!01-FirstRigName
    !02-SecondRigName
    ... etc

The exclamation point was simply to put them all first in the sort. Of course, that was prior to Performance Mode, which might make such naming impossible, since different performances would use different groupings and sequences...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Performance Mode will respond to the first 128 MIDI PC changes without a bank command, if that is enough.

Bank 1 = MIDI 1-5
    Bank 3 = MIDI 6-10

Hmm that might be useful...I'll have to check that out. I haven't investigated Performance Mode at all yet. Thanks for the tip!

I don't currently have an FCB1010 now, but when I did, I named my rigs so that the PC nbr was a prefix for the name. For example:

!01-FirstRigName
    !02-SecondRigName
    ... etc

The exclamation point was simply to put them all first in the sort. Of course, that was prior to Performance Mode, which might make such naming impossible, since different performances would use different groupings and sequences...

Yes that would work, but I'd really like a way to view all my MIDI assigned rigs in browse mode without having to rename them. Sorting them by PC would be the perfect solution.

Please Kemper team!

• D'OH!

Fixed in the original post.

Bank 1 = MIDI 1-5
    Bank TWO = MIDI 6-10 (fixed a typo)
    Bank 3 = MIDI 11-15

Thanks for fixing! The original post left me very confused, but I figured I was just missing something because this is so new to me!

• +1 to the original request. I'd like to be able to use my 2-button footswitch to browse through rigs in the order of their MIDI PC assignment.

What I do is -
    In performance mode I have a rig. Each of the program changes within a rig are different things on and off within that same rig. (stomps, delay, verb)

you can scroll through performances in exactly the way you are describing. for me, each performance is a different rig.