Buying an Atomic CLR

• Yes, this is by design.

Out of curiosity - why are mains different than monitor out? Isn't it controlled by the output settings?

Also, what does tele-xlr mean? you mean just the 1/4" TS Kemper out -> CLR?

(and ps. my CLR just came! only had an hour or two to play with it but SO NICE!)

• Yes i mean 1/4" TS.

I had volume matched both speakers at -15db, HD1221 via TS-XLR monitor out and CLR at main XLR-XLR, i then moved CLR to monitor out and must use TS-XLR, then volume was much lower.

• Hello !

Just a little question about the set up of the CLR...
    My "gain" profiles seem to sound with too much mids and seem to be "distant", not "in the face" sound, Have you ever experienced that with the CLR ? Could it be corrected via monitor Eq or is it better to act only on the differentt profiles ?
    I have a fender strat deluxe and i always need to "dig" the mids to have a sound i like, cleaner, less "boxy", is it "normal" ?

What are your usual tweak with a profile ?

• Hello !
    Just a little question about the set up of the CLR...
    My "gain" profiles seem to sound with too much mids and seem to be "distant", not "in the face" sound, Have you ever experienced that with the CLR ? Could it be corrected via monitor Eq or is it better to act only on the differentt profiles ?
    I have a fender strat deluxe and i always need to "dig" the mids to have a sound i like, cleaner, less "boxy", is it "normal" ?
    What are your usual tweak with a profile ?

The CLR doesn't impose its own sound, so it seems it's the profiles that are not to your liking. You have many tools at hand to tweak them to your needs: Amp EQ, studio EQ, or the main/ monitor EQ's.

• Also... too much reverb\delay? A good linear cab will reveal much more of those fx than a lesser one or a guitar cab.
    Exclude them: does the rig sound distant nevertheless?
    If yes, your cab is defective or your output eq is not flat or you don't like the rig with your guitar and for your application.

:)

• Hey, I wonder if it's just me or does the CLR sound get better over some time (1-2h)? Maybe the element and some other circuits get warmer... don't know ;)

gear>kemper rack-atomicCLR-fcb1010-espViper400-gretschJet-Firebird-7

• OK, perharps it's just the rig, it is a spot sound not a "natural sound"....
    I am searching a moder disto for rock with a strat but it's difficult, all seem to sound with too much mids...
    Do you have good profiles to test ?

ho could i test my clr otherwise ?

• Hey, I wonder if it's just me or does the CLR sound get better over some time (1-2h)? Maybe the element and some other circuits get warmer... don't know ;)

It's just you. ;)

I'm pretty sure Jay Mitchell, the developer, would deny this.
    There is certainly no break in for the speaker and I cannot imagine any change of sound in the circuitry which would actually be a bad thing.

• I am from Europe. Where can I best order these? I am considering switching from a guitar cabinet to these. Hear so many good stories...

Question is just whether I can avoid customs taxes..

And a content question: I have a Kemper with a Camplifier built in. Does it still make sense to buy an active monitor?

Cheerio

• The CLR is available as a passive unit as well.
    Check here: http://www.atomicamps.com

• Follow the instructions here and you will get an answer from Tom http://www.atomicamps.com/purchase-atomic.html

Atomic has a facility in the UK so you dont have to pay for customs, but tax is added to the price.

• It's just you. ;)

I'm pretty sure Jay Mitchell, the developer, would deny this.
    There is certainly no break in for the speaker and I cannot imagine any change of sound in the circuitry which would actually be a bad thing.

I think I heard once or twice mentioned that normal guitar cab elements can get better sounding because they get warmer(?) :P

But yeah, It's prolly my ears fooling me ;)

gear>kemper rack-atomicCLR-fcb1010-espViper400-gretschJet-Firebird-7

• Is monitor eq can stored in a rig or is it only global ?
    Ingolf, how do you use yoyr clr? Is it in front of you or on the edge, tilt position? Stand up or sit down' near or not?
    For you, what would be the better position to use clr in home?

Could you suggest me good profiles or amps to search or buy for a fender stratocaster american deluxe ssh with n3 mics?
    i think i have tried amp for metal for now like diezel vh4 but i havent a good knowledge of amp history:)

Thank you!