Buying an Atomic CLR

• ( ps and thanks for the point support on that "pe60 as a alternate cheaper FRFR" nightlight, for a second I thought I was the only pe 60 fan here lol)

'Tis all good, chrislisting! I couldn't find your PM, but no worries. I just want everyone to have as good a time on these forums as I have.

I am the happy forum troll, so to speak. ^^

Thanks for taking this all down a notch and cooling stuff down in your last post, JayMitchell. That's an interesting clarification on your affiliation with Atomic Amps and something I didn't know about.

• I'll offer one more clarification/correction: I deal directly with my customers on a daily basis. Many of them have been doing business with me for 15 years or more, and several of them are close friends.

When you do not know someone personally - which is the definitely case with everyone posting in this thread - it is best not to make assumptions about them. The odds are very high that any assumptions you make will turn out to be incorrect.

• I'm a new Kemper user. Just a question: can the CLR manage the extended low frequency of bass modeling?

Thank you in advance,

- Matteo

Matteo

"Ah, but I was so much older then
    I'm younger than that now."

• I'll offer one more clarification/correction: I deal directly with my customers on a daily basis. Many of them have been doing business with me for 15 years or more, and several of them are close friends.

When you do not know someone personally - which is the definitely case with everyone posting in this thread - it is best not to make assumptions about them. The odds are very high that any assumptions you make will turn out to be incorrect.

I'm well aware money can do miracles. OTOH, you are known the way you let people know you.
    Let me also point out that not knowing someone personally is not a reason to behave rudely with them. Rationality is never an excuse for poor behaviours.

• I'm a new Kemper user. Just a question: can the CLR manage the extended low frequency of bass modeling?

Hey Matteo (Italian? :) ),

the CLR should be around -2.5 dB @ 70 Hz, which is a very good value for such a system. Basically all the sound a bass needs is there in terms of sound perception. Several users play bass on a CLR.
    It won't probably give you a telluric experience, but OTOH many audio solutions available for bass players - which declare better values in the low freq department - actually do not perform better.
    The CLR is known for its very conservative specs, and I've experienced that - generally speaking - it outperforms loudspeakers that are much better on paper.

HTH :)

• I'm loving playing through my CLR and would love it even more if there would be possibility to get NEO version, but unfortunately not yet here in Europe. Some may think the 5kg weight difference is not much, but I feel the difference lifting those things on a head high PA pole night after night in some cramped stage.

• Quote from viabcroce

Hey Matteo (Italian? ),

the CLR should be around -2.5 dB @ 70 Hz, which is a very good value for such a system. Basically all the sound a bass needs is there in terms of sound perception. Several users play bass on a CLR.
    It won't probably give you a telluric experience, but OTOH many audio solutions available for bass players - which declare better values in the low freq department - actually do not perform better.
    The CLR is known for its very conservative specs, and I've experienced that - generally speaking - it outperforms loudspeakers that are much better on paper.

Hi Gianfranco,

Yes, I'm Italian and we met before on Accordo.it :P

I purchased a 2nd hand black Powerhead and I'd like to play my 6&12 string guitars and bass through it. I knew that CLRs are the best for FRFR amplification, so a passive cabinet will suitable as my perfect rig.

Thank you for your precious suggestions.

Cheers,

- Matteo

Matteo

• I'm loving playing through my CLR and would love it even more if there would be possibility to get NEO version, but unfortunately not yet here in Europe. Some may think the 5kg weight difference is not much, but I feel the difference lifting those things on a head high PA pole night after night in some cramped stage.

Go start working out! ;)
    The original CLR is everything else but heavy.

• Thats why mine never goes on anything higher than a bar stool :D

I'm loving playing through my CLR and would love it even more if there would be possibility to get NEO version, but unfortunately not yet here in Europe. Some may think the 5kg weight difference is not much, but I feel the difference lifting those things on a head high PA pole night after night in some cramped stage.

• I've been using a CLR NEO for a year. Ican honestly say, at my age (64) the lighter version does make a big difference. I have not played live with my tube amps in 3 years, and the greatest addition to my rig, since the KPA, is the lighter NEO :thumbup:

• Quote from viabcroce

...Uh! What's your nick over there? :thumbup:

You will find me under my real name, "Matteo Barducci". I'm the infamous user who wrote that rewiew of the Fender Stratocaster Claudio Baglioni Signature... :D:D:D

So you suggest going to a passive CLR cabinet? No NEOs for those, right?

Matteo

• :)

If you're after a passive linear cab I hardly see how you might buy something better.
    It definitely makes sense for someone owning a powered Profiler, even tho should I start from scratch I'd probably go for the active version and a passive Profiler :)

As for the Neo versions, there's currently none available to outside the States at all ATM :(

• To close the loop on this thread: I just got a very nice email from Tom.

Turns out, if you want to buy an Atomic CLR you still have to wait on the reserve list by following the directions on http://www.atomicamps.com/purchase-atomic.html (either email or fill out the form linked on the bottom of the site).

Do not just purchase from the unpublished store link I mentioned above. Thanks!

Thanks for the information.

How long is the waiting List ATM?

• I mailed them a good few weeks ago when I had a bit of cash burning a hole in my pocket, but I never got a reply...

Cheers,
    Sam

EDIT : CONFIRMATION EMAIL WAS INTERCEPTED BY MY SPAM FILTER!!!
    Atomic/Tom King emailed me confirmation of joining the list within a day of me emailing them. Sorry for the confusion caused!!!

Edited once, last by sambrox ().

• I just emailed Atomic Amps to ask for a passive CLR.

Gianfranco: no waiting list??!?

Matteo