Buying an Atomic CLR

• Is monitor eq can stored in a rig or is it only global ?
    Ingolf, how do you use yoyr clr? Is it in front of you or on the edge, tilt position? Stand up or sit down' near or not?
    For you, what would be the better position to use clr in home?
    Could you suggest me good profiles or amps to search or buy for a fender stratocaster american deluxe ssh with n3 mics?
    i think i have tried amp for metal for now like diezel vh4 but i havent a good knowledge of amp history:)
    Thank you!

Monitor out is global. When you need to store EQ in a rig use one of the available EQ's. At home and in rehearsals I mostly use my CLR's in wedge mode. And I stand in front of them.
    I don't think suggesting profiles apart from what's usually recommended takes you far. Tastes are too different.
    I mostly play the Morgan AC20 with various boosts.

• I mostly play the Morgan AC20 with various boosts.

Oh man, I love that one! Thanks for reminding me to put it back in rotation... so many profiles out there to fiddle with, it gets in the way of the really great ones playtime! ;)

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• Hi Guys
    Hoping to get two CLR Actives in the new year. A bit of a wait here in Australia.

Question regarding connecting them to the Kemper...

- Use XLR-XLR Cables for best sound ?
    - And would I go Kemper L to one CLR, and Kemper R to the other CLR? Or do you piggy back one CLR from the other?

Any replys appreciated guys. Quite new to all this still. (I'm a keyboard player primarily) I read the forums up and down before i post as I know that can get annoying.

Cheers! Steve

• XLR-XLR and Kemper L to the first and Kemper R to the Second CLR is right.

• After spending the weekend with the CLR, i am really loving this speaker. The clarity with it is pretty amazing. Even at low volume it sounds great.

I was little iffy at first about the waiting list, etc. But i couldn't be happier about the purchase.

• On TGP you'll find lots of posts about comparing the CLR with other cabs, including the XTone.
    Keep in mind tho that the power amp is critical in determining the sound of a loudspeaker. You can't really compare a passive and an active cab, you should compare an active cab with a power amp + a cab.
    Basically, how a CLR passive sounds will depend on the power amp you couple it with.
    As for other differences, the passive CLR has got a... passive crossover (the weight is almost the same as the active version) and misses the DSP, so you won't have the placement-related optimizations you get with the active version.

• I own the Kemper power rack (600w). Is an active CLR cab not logical?

Sorry, I've just never tested one out and have no idea. I was looking at getting a rectifier 2x12 cab until I stumbled upon this thread.

Thank you,

Rone

• After spending the weekend with the CLR, i am really loving this speaker. The clarity with it is pretty amazing. Even at low volume it sounds great.

I was little iffy at first about the waiting list, etc. But i couldn't be happier about the purchase.

Ive owned a pair of CLRs now for a little over a year. These FRFR 500 watt powered cabs are the best investment I have ever made sound reinforcement wise, and my very nice 1960a cab sits in a corner because of it. Yea I'll eventually get a Matrix amp to go with the Marshall cab, but I'm not in any hurry ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user