Profiles Elite (Non Commercial)

• This is akin to the thread Admin Don created, but stepping up the criteria just a bit.

With 5K plus profiles we all currently have in Rig Manager to select from, we all have our special purpose favorites.

However some profile captures have that special (????) that simply inspire you to just PLAY.
    Moreover many profile captures sound inspiring whether played through Singles, Humbuckers, EMG's etc.

I know there are other profiles like these capturing the tonal dynamics, nuance and God-smack inspiring results across the board.

Since we already have a Commercial Area designated to the great profiles these folks do, I'm hoping to keep this list limited to just Rig Manager or shareware availability.

So lets see em. :D

• I couldn't agree more! These above mentioned profiles also put a huge grin on my face.

Remember the criteria I'm using here are profiles that are inspiring to play which bring out the character of whatever guitar it's played through.
    Now that you got the idea of what I'm trying to capture. How about some others from the community...

I'm sure there's some other great "Elite" profiles out there like those mentioned.

Ahem - another "Rock On" please?

• My current favourite was uploaded by the infamous KP/Dr Bertson, and I've no idea who was originally responsible for it, but his 'copy' was titled something like Fulltone OCD. With the gain turned down to around 2-3, my Tele sings and almost plays itself. Would love to know who the real author is so I could thank them!

Cheers,
    Sam

• My current favourite was uploaded by the infamous KP/Dr Bertson, and I've no idea who was originally responsible for it, but his 'copy' was titled something like Fulltone OCD. With the gain turned down to around 2-3, my Tele sings and almost plays itself. Would love to know who the real author is so I could thank them!

Cheers,
    Sam

Can't find this will have to be more specific. Only thing on the rig exchange with full tone ocd is from ballantine and r.r.sirius.

• Can't find this will have to be more specific. Only thing on the rig exchange with full tone ocd is from ballantine and r.r.sirius.

Dr Bertson profiles were removed from the rig exchange because he uploaded rigs that were not his own, but simply re-tagged ones.
    I'll take a look ito see if I can identify the original.

good thread idea, btw. :)

• Well since I looked that up I discovered the bluesbreaker OCD+Ts9 (by Ballantine) and I mixed that with Tills 1960 011 cab. and it's just ridiculously nice blues. So there's a recommendation from me. Really cool, zztop sort of flavor.

• One I keep going back to is a freebie from Andy. It's a 62 Deluxe cranked. A very nice complementary amp to Paults black face. The brown series was like nothing else and this profile is magic w a Strat or Tele.
    I use some one DS, ( I wish we could use real names for pedals ) to get the perfect sound for whichever guitar I'm using.
    thanks again Andy.

I think they were called Fulltone OCD 1 and Fulltone OCD 2.

• Anderton's Cornford Carrera,
    Andy's freebie JCM800,
    Chris O's FAS Trainwreck 1,
    Andy's Matchless Chieftain,
    Sinmix's EVH 5153 - the first SM57 one...

Yeah, there are a lot of profiles that make me lose track of time.
    Or maybe the profiles are just 'ok' and my sense of time is the issue?.. :)

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• r.u.sirius's Herbert profiles are great. EDIT and his Shivas are even better

DJEMass's Mesa Mark II profiles also good (may have to do some googling and check his site)...or look for MAB on the rig exchange - I reposted one of his with tweaks.

Erik Stamm's Legacy profiles.

• Yes, that is right. Those are the champions that inspire you to forget that you are playing a profiler or an amp or a guitar: just music exists. To this elite belong with my guitar and hands the following:
    • almost anything from r.u. sirius and they are free!
    • The free Marshall profile by MiLLa
    • the recently added bogner helios by german schauss

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• Fndr '65 Twin Cust15 - Cass Cunningham - Great Clean

LW JG15-2-HOMEBREW - Jon Gill

DLCARR RAL - Ron Jones

AC15 Boost HW - AGUS - Great "in-the-room" feel with some bottom end, but also dirties up well too with gain, and authentically so (which is rare, I suspect it was profiled dirty and turned down & stored)

I'll leave the Marshalls to others!

• I'm pretty sure this is a commercial profile.
    this is the 'Free rigs and profiles' subforum, so please no advertising of commercial profiles here.

Oops, as we say in German this time. "Wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil!" :D Sorry for this!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Here's some others...

Bognar Anniversary B - kalvitz.com
    FP Black Rivera Mars - (Frantz Plaza download Pak) Kemper

Not going to deny this one. Kalvitz Bogner XTC is one of the best out there compared to both purchased and free XTC profiles. I've compared it directly to some of the tones on the Bogner site as well as the real amp itself that I regularly borrow from a friend.

Spot on!

Tony McKenzies JVM410HJS is also amazingly close to the amp that I had.
    I am always inspried by Pete Turley's Ractifier Profile which I use regularly.