FW 2.7.3 Public Beta Thread

• Hi Timo,
    actually the UnO4Kemper doesn't require use of Channel 1. To make it really plug and play it auto-adapts to whatever MIDI channel the KPA uses for 2-way communication.
    I just sniffed the MIDI communication to find out the cause of this problem. When the KPA is set to channel 15, it sometimes sends CC00 messages on channel 15, but sometimes also on channel 01, which makes the UnO4Kemper "auto-adapt" back to channel 1, and communication stops. the CC47 messages sent by the KPA seem to be always sent on channel 1. This can cause UnO4Kemper to send a "next performance" command on ch.15, then receive a CC47 on channel 1, and therefore the release message of the up switch is sent on channel 1, not processed by the KPA, and the KPA keeps scrolling through performances as if the up-switch is kept pressed. All problems will be solved if you could make sure that all outgoing MIDI messages are sent on the channel the KPA is programmed to.
    Thanks!
    Xavier

Thanks for clarifying this.

• Extra bugs while using uno4kemper v1.1 fcb1010 with this firmware...

After further testing (midi channel 1) there is a bug where-by if you go to "tuner mode" and switch back to "performance mode" that the sound can completely cut out requiring a kemper restart. The detection of the volume pedal to activate tuner is also unpredictable even with the volume calibrated with a slightly higher heel height to guarantee "tuner mode" activation.

My v1.3 chip has arrived so further testing will be with new chip.

• Uno4kemper v1.3a (also applies to v1.1 I think) Minimum Volume data changed for volume pedal when "manually" switching from performance-mode to tuner and back to performance-mode.

On initial boot-up of fcb1010 with kemper in performance-mode the volume pedal works fine and will trigger tuning-mode (reliably does this much better than v1.1). Pressing "System" button and then checking "Show Ctrl Info" you can see the volume pedal triggers the lowest and highest values correctly. Now, manually change to "Tuner" mode and then switch back to "Performance" mode and check with "System" button again. This time the lowest values for Volume pedal has shifted higher so you can no-longer trigger "tuner" mode with the pedal.