Anybody got the chans to try the Yamaha DBR10 yet?

• Hey
    So i got one to try out !

I play Jazz and not much else. I use clean profiles with a LOT of headroom . Sometimes a bit of overdrive ! Mostly delay and reverb for ambience.

The size and weight is greate. About 10kg. Nice filters to control the bas depending on placement works well . It has plenty of power. The cab is designed so that if can be angled as a stage monitor .

The 10" speaker makes is a bit les bas heavy and its very clear in the highs without getting to sharp. The sound is very detailed.

The compact format and large sound is perfect for me. Im buying one !
    [Blocked Image: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/913/6HoRfU.jpg]
    /Peter

• Mm no , i guess how you use it is how u rate it. I got the same result from both with Some tweaking . But Maybe there are more evident diffrences for other peoples Amps and settings. For loud heavy sound i suspect the heavier,stiffer cab on the dxr can come in to play./p

• I think Heldal reported a little different comparison.

Not really. My verdict so far is consistent with minesota's, while others disagree. I didn't hear a significant difference in sound between the DBR and DXR, except that there is more difference between the built-in EQ presets on the DBR. The DBR (10" in particular) gets terribly boomy if you put it on the floor without activating the monitor-preset. I guess this has to do with the cabinets design and its influence on resonance. It may also vibrate more with lower frequencies due to the reduced weight. Note that my experience so far is limited to a test at a local resellers shop.

Edited once, last by heldal ().

• Not really. My verdict so far is consistent with minesota's, while others disagree. I didn't hear a significant difference in sound between the DBR and DXR, except that there is more difference between the built-in EQ presets on the DBR. The DBR (10" in particular) gets terribly boomy if you put it on the floor without activating the monitor-preset. I guess this has to do with the cabinets design and its influence on resonance. It may also vibrate more with lower frequencies due to the reduced weight.

Sorry, so I misunderstood this.
    Thanks for the clarification.

• *UPDATE

So i got the DBR10 , brought to to rehersals and found an issue that i did not se comming.
    I play mostly semi acoustic music and the DBR just produced to much low end energy. It did not realy cut well in the mix and when i tried to EQ and diffrent placement but it i just messed up my sound.
    Ok , what to do ??? I returned it and brought home a DXR8. Brought it to rehersals and yes ! very diffrent. The smaller speaker and sound projection profile works much better for me. It`s clear, tight, cut well and has more than enough low end. The 10/12 speakers sound big and nice when i practice and have them in my house but
    for me the 8 was perfect by not messing as much with the energy of the room. I realy recomend Jazz players to give it a try.

/Peter

• *UPDATE

So i got the DBR10 , brought to to rehersals and found an issue that i did not se comming.
    I play mostly semi acoustic music and the DBR just produced to much low end energy. It did not realy cut well in the mix and when i tried to EQ and diffrent placement but it i just messed up my sound.
    Ok , what to do ??? I returned it and brought home a DXR8. Brought it to rehersals and yes ! very diffrent. The smaller speaker and sound projection profile works much better for me. It`s clear, tight, cut well and has more than enough low end. The 10/12 speakers sound big and nice when i practice and have them in my house but
    for me the 8 was perfect by not messing as much with the energy of the room. I realy recomend Jazz players to give it a try.

/Peter

Thanks to let us know! It could be a deal breaker for me as well as I use my FRFR boxes for acoustic/vocal gigs too.

• Not really. My verdict so far is consistent with minesota's, while others disagree. I didn't hear a significant difference in sound between the DBR and DXR, except that there is more difference between the built-in EQ presets on the DBR. The DBR (10" in particular) gets terribly boomy if you put it on the floor without activating the monitor-preset. I guess this has to do with the cabinets design and its influence on resonance. It may also vibrate more with lower frequencies due to the reduced weight. Note that my experience so far is limited to a test at a local resellers shop.

Time for an update: After the positive test-result at the local resellers shop I ordered a pair of DBR10s, but those went back quickly. In other environments, at home and at band practise, I wasn't able to dial in the sound I want. Too HiFi with no punch in the midrange. No contest for the DXR. Even the smallest DXR8 sounds a lot better with the KPA than the DBR10.