Will the KPA really sound like those TAF clips?

• If it helps ...I did all the demo clips for Andys' Custom Shop demos ...and used mostly a Fender Nashville Tele ...or a Vintage 'Lemon Drop' nothing else and no tweaks ..Kpa straight into the DAW ...
    it's true though it's all in the fingers ...I have a mate who is a world class slide player and he makes me want to cry everytime he plugs into my guitar and kpa and even uses my slide ... ;)
    (check out Johnny Dickinson if you're interested ..)

• If it helps ...I did all the demo clips for Andys' Custom Shop demos ...and used mostly a Fender Nashville Tele ...or a Vintage 'Lemon Drop' nothing else and no tweaks ..Kpa straight into the DAW ...
    it's true though it's all in the fingers ...I have a mate who is a world class slide player and he makes me want to cry everytime he plugs into my guitar and kpa and even uses my slide ... ;)

This is so true. One of the best guitar players round my way used to be able to pick up any old guitar and plug in any amp at the local jam session and make it sound a million times better than anyone else who used an expensive guitar with the most expensive amp. But with this in mind Andys profiles do sound great he has an excellent ear for making profiles :)

Yeah I can tell these were done honestly. I've been able to get very close. Not that I intentionally match, but no one want's to hear a lush amp tone from the clip and when they get the profile it's thin or worse, muddy like a blanket was thrown over it!

Your's don't have any of that, great job and good fingers!

• If you can play just as the demo player with the same guitar, you can get really close :) Hey, fingers play. Not guitar, not cable, not even amp. That's why all demos are not open chords or 12 notes up the scale but nice improvisations.

Coming back to topic - I can confirm that "Trainwreck Ziggy" sounds really close on my telecaster to this clip (first part) including sensitivity to articulation and VOLUMNE knob on guitar

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

difference is - me playing and different pickup.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• As stated before, the demo clips from packs 3 and 4 have been made by someone else (Leroy Miller) and you might not get exactly the same tones right out of the rigs you'll get because Leroy added some effects to his taste.

BUT ... it's all in the profiles, you just need to add effects to YOUR taste. I really really LOVE the demos done by Leroy because they show how much personality and character are "inside" these profiles. Although I own quite a few of these packs and use them a lot, I still sometimes go back to the TAF website to listen to the demo clips. There is no "wow, I can't copy exactly this tone." .... it's more like "wow, listen to this personality and feel, it's amazing but it's certainly a different person than me. I can do my own and I love it, but I also enjoy to hear what others can do with them."

So my advice:
    Once you get the Profiler and start enjoying these phenomenal dynamics, start being yourself! :) It's a GREAT and rewarding experience.

• @skoczy - thanks for that. I feel sea sick now! :)

@nightlight, right on..we can listen to players all day long, but at the end of the day, your not them, you are YOU, so its how you deal with them, its fine to look upon the gods to feel inspired.. but the chances of sounding like them.. well that's something you don't want to be chasing!..I gave that up a long time ago. - im now just me... but because Im me.. i suck lol

• Some great responses here. All my early teenage life I tried to sound/play like the top local guitar player on the local circuit that I used to go watch with my parents. One of them even worked in the local music shop, so you could go in a say "wow that song you played last nite sounded great, how did you get that sound" and he would be able to point you in the right direction with the right equipment but when you played you never sounded quite like him. he would then jump on and play and it sounded just like it did the night you saw him play. So I came to the conclusion I'm going to just have to put up with sounding like I do :)

• Now you made ME sound like THEM and my ME is gone. Help ME to get my ME back, please ... since ME is lightbox, not nightlight ;)

Arrrgh sorry.. For some odd reason..I keep thinking you are nightlight!.. no idea why..

But thanks for clearing that up.. although I will need a while to understand your post!...be back in a few days! :)

• @skoczy - thanks for that. I feel sea sick now! :)

@nightlight, right on..we can listen to players all day long, but at the end of the day, your not them, you are YOU, so its how you deal with them, its fine to look upon the gods to feel inspired.. but the chances of sounding like them.. well that's something you don't want to be chasing!..I gave that up a long time ago. - im now just me... but because Im me.. i suck lol

Some great responses here. All my early teenage life I tried to sound/play like the top local guitar player on the local circuit that I used to go watch with my parents. One of them even worked in the local music shop, so you could go in a say "wow that song you played last nite sounded great, how did you get that sound" and he would be able to point you in the right direction with the right equipment but when you played you never sounded quite like him. he would then jump on and play and it sounded just like it did the night you saw him play. So I came to the conclusion I'm going to just have to put up with sounding like I do :)

I think the faster you give up trying to be like some rockstar, the better - why not being YOU? You will never be Slash, there is one Slash - well another one "/" is on keyoboard :D Focus on your technique, follow some learning path, practice step by step, accept what comes. I was always impressed with Paul Gilbert. Acquired his signature PGM301, even attended guitar workshop with him once. I learnt few riffs of him, but only by ear and watching YouTube (where to put fingers). I only know pentatonic LOL. I suck. But I can play two songs of Paul Gilbert to the part when solo comes or 16th notes at 140bpm or so :D I have great hearing but cannot follow any learning path.

@Andy
    I bought your pack number 2 some time ago. I couldn't justify its quality because I couldn't play like your samples. I think many of us think: "I buy profiles from XYZ I plug my guitar and I want this DEMO sample going through my monitors, hell yeah".

Unfortunately - fingers play.
    Unfortunately - you can make first impression only once.

So if this profile presented on website suddenly doesn't make such impression it is because of .. guitar? cable? Kemper? monitors? ..... well, because of player/you/me ;) First in the chain to make it great or make it suck.

Coming back to reality ;) I bought Andy's pack No2 and was scrolling through the profiles expecting.... expecting what? ..... expecting me to play better LOL. Too many profiles and why not all of them sound great? I must have played this "Trainwreck Ziggy" and I believe it was.... acceptable. What was acceptable? My playing was acceptable.

I often check Youtube for Kemper videos and recently I found this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I thought "wow I've got this Andy's profile of Trainwreck, let's try, these are simple riffs and I like Black Shuck by The Darkness" - and guess what? It sounded 90% the same - 10% of difference can make different pickup and my inability to play 100% like this guy on video.

• I wish I had a better music vocabulary for describing this. I don't expect to sound technique-wise like the clip. And there will be slight differences in tones between guitars, and sometimes the same guitar.

But the dynamic response, the ability to sound lush clean and growl crunch. When the clips have those, I can get those with similar FEEL to the results. Additionally there is the similar qualities of "clarity" where the clip sounds crisp and the profiles sounds crisp or if lacking that clarity, sounds muddy, like a blanket thrown over the speaker. I don't get this with TAF.

But I expect SOME of this could be a person's listening gear. If someone has colored monitors or a different cab, yes, it can sound materially different.

It's not something I can easily put a finger on, but let me just put it this way: If I love the clip, I have a similar opinion of the profile.

TAF clip players should take great pride in putting out honest demo's!

• Who am I... Why am I here........

I have commercial profiles from about all of the big boys. I just played them one at a time, only dragging them to my KPA if they were a tone I felt in love with or thought it was close enough to dial in for me. I was very hyper critical while doing this, but when I got through tweaking and culling them out, I had a nice little arsenal o' death. :)

I've found that lots of profiles suck for me and lots are good to great. That's where the multiple profiles at different settings comes in so hugely. At the end of the day, you're only looking for a handful of tones, but you've got the world's largest amp supermarket in the world to shop for the ones that are unmistakably "yours." :)

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love: