shutting down is loud!

• When I shut down the KPA with a speaker cab, there's it's always a loud speaker bang! I decrease volume to 0, master volume volume to 0 but that has no effect. I guess it's bad for the speakers too!
    How to shut down quietly?

• This. Unlike other units, the Profiler is unable to completely mute itself when shutting down. Eng. Kemper stated it's not dangerous for the cones tho.

:)

That shouldn't be the case. It is hard to imagine that this is the case (although it is possible). All the volume controls appear to be digital inputs. It seems unlikely that there is some physical switch that can not be controlled through firmware that directly interacts with the output stage.

I do not have this issue with my PA going directly into the PA.

• its the same for me. i use non powered verson with a Yamaha DXR. very high bang and click when i turn the unit of. guess i yust make it a rutine to turn of the speaker first. Its not a big problem!

• With all systems, it is good practice to turn off the speakers first, then turn off the Kemper. When turning on the system, the unit first, speakers last.

However, it would be good if the Kemper automatically muted all signals when switching off. I find it a bit weird when I shut down that there's sound all the way up to the time it reads 3.2.1.0 and shuts down.

• That shouldn't be the case. It is hard to imagine that this is the case (although it is possible). All the volume controls appear to be digital inputs. It seems unlikely that there is some physical switch that can not be controlled through firmware that directly interacts with the output stage.

I'm not sure I got you dude... are you saying that the Profiler doesn't make any noise at shootdown, or rather that it should not?
    I'm describing a matter of fact here. I too have devices which mote themselves completely when they shootdown.
    It seems that there's some analog stages after the last logic control level which get discharged when you switch the unit off.
    A matter of design I guess, I doubt there's something that can be done in software now.

• I have the power rack as well going through and Engl 4x12 , I noticed the noise after the shut down as well but it's not that loud, it certainly isn't a loud bang. I am hoping everything is safe.

• With all systems, it is good practice to turn off the speakers first, then turn off the Kemper. When turning on the system, the unit first, speakers last.

However, it would be good if the Kemper automatically muted all signals when switching off. I find it a bit weird when I shut down that there's sound all the way up to the time it reads 3.2.1.0 and shuts down.

This!

• Good advice! BTW I have the powered Head.
    There's also a (less heavy) bang when turning the unit on, with all volume settings to zero.

But I agree Kemper should automatically mute signals switching the unit on and off. Maybe in a next firmware update?

• However, it would be good if the Kemper automatically muted all signals when switching off. I find it a bit weird when I shut down that there's sound all the way up to the time it reads 3.2.1.0 and shuts down.

Yeah, this has been requested many times but there seems to be some flaw in the overall design that prevent this to be fully implemented.
    As for the countdown, it's not part of the actual shootdown, it serves the only purpose to allow the user to change their mind before they have to reboot. So the unit is still fully working at that stage.
    Shootdown seems to be a very quick stage in itself.

On a side note, with 2.7 I hear a lot of "new" noises and cracklings even when switching to Performance mode or during bootup ...