How fast can you change slots before you get unwanted side effects?

• Curious to know how others get on trying this:
    i mentioned this in another thread but wanted to address this particular issue by itself.
    if I change slot (in performance mode v2.7) quicker than 3 times per second I get nasty clicks crackles and some sound drop-outs.
    i spoke to support about this and they say it's an "operator error" which ok, fair enough, normally wouldn't happen in gig conditions. However, I'm sure we've all hit the wrong button from time to time and had to quickly follow up with corrective action (ie instantly jumping on the intended button)
    I never noticed this in v2.5 and so have reverted back to 2.5 and the problem ceases to exist. It could be there is more data being transferred in v2.7, I dunno.

if anyone could do a speed test to see the maximum slot changes per second before they hear nasties I'd appreciate to learn of your findings.

part of me wonders if there are minor hardware variations between units or perhaps the history of firmware changes applied to a kpa unit has an affect on the current workings of that particular KPA. I spoke to a couple of other KPA owners and their experience of this varies between units.
    thanks to anyone that shares their findings here.

• There are no differences in the hardware between profilers.
    A rig needs to be in memory after loading for at least 250 ms before a new rig can be loaded.
    Loading times of rigs differ in small amounts depending on the number of effects in the rig.

• Ive done lots of testing of changing rigs as you will see from many of my posts.If the rig is on its own (no effects, stomps etc) the pop/click as you change a rig manually on the KPA or with the FCB there is no click/pop, but if the rig contains lots of stomps/effects passive or active then the pop/click issue happens. CK has tried to improve this is 2.7 which for me he has but the rigs i sent him in question was my live rig. I use one sound but all 4 stomps and all 4 effects are active/passive ready to change with minimal foot movement. I've had this issue with the KPA since day one, i own 2 KPA's and the bass player in my band has one all 3 of them do it. Even if i am on rig 1 and press my FCB to activate rig 1 again i get a Click/pop as soon as i press the pedal.

• I would have thought it logical that recalling the same slot as is already loaded would reset to the saved state rather than completely reload rig data that is already held in the buffer. I guess this would be classed as "operator error" too? Seems like unnecessary processing that recalling a slot repeatedly causes clicks as I'd expect there to be no change to the signal processing path. I'm sure there are credible reasons why it works like it does. Might be time to compile a list of things/functions "possible but not recommended" with the KPA. Suppose we need to bare in mind that there will always be human error, whether from a software designer or the end operator. A few safety fences put in place might keep idiots like me trespassing where I shouldn't :/