Rig Manager attach pictures

• It would be extreme helpful to attach pictures or even movies to a rig. Showing all kinds of profiling conditions, like mic positioning, amp sound, room, etc.
    Even if the Kemper itself can't handle the media, the database could easily.

• To be honest... it surely would be a nice visual "catcher" ... but ... judge by your ear - not by your eye :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• It would be extreme helpful to attach pictures or even movies to a rig. Showing all kinds of profiling conditions, like mic positioning, amp sound, room, etc.

Do you mean attaching jpg file to 4kB *.kipr file? So the profile size would be for example 400kB? Or You just want to store the picture of your rig locally? Or maybe while uploading profile rig exchange you want to add picture, so while someone uses rig manager and previews your rig he also sees the picture?

How about when the rig with picture is stored to Kemper? Where to store the picture?

• I'd suffice with RM showing me a pic :)

The uploading function to rig exchange would have to allow editing uploaded pictures to uploaded rigs then. I have never uploaded a profile. When you upload a profile can you edit its name or any tags after uploading is complete and profile is visible in Rig Exchange? Imagine just uploads blurry picture...

• Sure, a number of things would be modified to allow this :)

OTOH, you can upload a blurred pic as well as a crappy rig ;D

I mean, why don't you just have a look at the pic beforehand?

Anyway yes, you can edit tags after uploading :)

• Do you mean attaching jpg file to 4kB *.kipr file? So the profile size would be for example 400kB? Or You just want to store the picture of your rig locally? Or maybe while uploading profile rig exchange you want to add picture, so while someone uses rig manager and previews your rig he also sees the picture?

How about when the rig with picture is stored to Kemper? Where to store the picture?

I just want to store the pictures of the rig locally, for documentation of the profiling scenario.

+100

I am with you, guys and OP! This is what i always wanted. The RE cannot handle the data and should not. It is great that those profiles have 4 or 5 K! But the RM with its code on our HardDisk could easily handle JPGs. Now some has to write the code, unfortunately i am only a designer, i could design the frame for this. Any volunteers??

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• For me it would make no sense. In most of the cases you get a pdf or txt with the settings and some pics. The database will be blown up, not to speak from Synctimes.
    I´m with mDan here - let your ears judge.

• Good idea!
    Additional metadata like picture, sound clip, details and history of amp or the full profiling story could be added to a profile in a XMP sidecar file. This method is widely used for RAW photographs. It would keep the original profile kipr file small and compatible while allowing for maximum flexibility and portability.
    See XMP

• XMP files contain only metadata and properties, that further describe a media file. XMP files are usually very small, text based and can be embedded into various media files like jpg, pdf or mp4 but not vice versa.

RM by design keeps no reference to a physical file or a directory, profiles are stored internally. Sidecar files make no sense in this context. Also we already have tags that we can edit "internally" with RM. A few user tags would really come in handy though.

I really like RMs tiny footprint as it is and would hate to see it been blown up significantly by "extra" stuff.
    Most DAM-Softwares will do the documentation job just fine (depending on platform and budget).

90% of the game is half-mental.